Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: STARTING PLAYERS - How to get Rich

Rhino Keeper
    When I started playing this game I had no knowledge of the forum, so I had to learn everything slowly over time by myself. It took me a long time to earn enough coins when I started playing. Sometimes I ended up making poor decisions that slowed my progression in the game. I remember getting a mythic dragon and having to leave it in my nest for a week before I had the money to purchase it's habitat. So yes, I'm one of the players who found this thread when it was too late.

It's true, that tips and advice from other players help, but I still believe that learning from one's mistakes are just as important. Nowadays players immediately look for a guide or walkthrough when starting a new game. It takes some of the fun out of it. It's ok to ask for advice from other players, but play the game you way you want to, not just how others tell you to. You don't necessarily need this thread; I didn't use it and I'm comfortable with my progress in the game so far.

How do I breed 3 dragons

Rhino Keeper
    Why breed 3? For the dragons with multple colours?

If thats the reason for breeding 3, you have to look at the colours you need and combinations you have withe those colours combined. In DS breeding is only with pairs
    Still looking for friends, add me I play daily multiple times: doto92ok also for my babyaccount: ikkeeeeeeeee

Fashion Designer
    I did things differently than the guide too and I always had enough money to expand, clear, and buy habitats. So I would agree there are other ways to go, and it also depends what you breed. On my island I almost never get virtue - I've only ever had 2 of them and I was playing since before they were added to game. I had no trouble breeding a quartz dragon (which was good cuz I would have never gotten the shards for it!) But if you breed a lot of virtues, this is probably not the best strategy for your island.

If you get pinks easily you might have an easier time with the pink hybrids so you might try to breed the red-virtue instead of red-white. The pink splits so you can still get love dragons and all the other red-white, plus a chance at justice. When you get justice, use pink-white trying for tiny. You still use the same colors over and over getting mostly the same dragons, with a chance to get one harder to breed. When you get it, try for a different pink hybrid with another color.

Also, the red habitats hold the lowest coins of all habitats, so if you don't log in often, you earn less money. You get less overnight too. You only really need one red for the fire dragon, so if you play less frequently, you don't want an island full of red habitats.

Another option, if you can afford to buy the largest habitats for green and yellow, you can build just those and one red and breed those colors together, and the red-yellow-green (putting red-yellow in yellow and red-green in green) and keep trying to get as many of the super rare and different dragons you can, which will earn you the album rewards faster.

All the green-yellow dragons in game are also 10 hours or less - you can fill large green habitats almost as fast as you can build them. Love dragons are great at 5 hours, but parakeet is 5 hours also, is super rare and earns I think 1280 at epic. Or close to that, might be thinking of a different one. But there are a HUGE number of red-yellow and green-yellow dragons in game, most of them 14 hours or less, so you get the variety of breeding different things without waiting forever.

And it is worth breeding a variety of dragons, especially ones that are worth leveling to epic instead of filling your island with commons to later sell/trade. The red-yellow dragons have longer breeding/hatching times but earn a lot, and having a lot of air and forest habitats on your island is a great way to earn more money when you log in less often when low level.

But the same idea applies - just use a limited number of colors in breeding at first, like red-yellow or green-yellow. When your coins go up, buy large habitats that earn more, like purple or white, and add that color to your breeding.

Rhino Keeper
    This is a great thread. I wish I knew these things when I started.

Executive Chef
    I think this thread is too funny - i'm sure it's great for some, but myself i've never ever seen DS as...well, as a "real" game in which i needed to grind, sort of... I've never bothered collecting money- sure, at times i was stuck a bit so i just waited a day or two and then could buy what i wanted.....never have i tried to plan what dragons that could provide the most coins or something like that. In fact i'm probably doing everything "wrong", i only want one dragon of each type i can get, and i try to keep number of habitats to a minimum because i like my dragons in a big messy pile if possible...i avoid clearing away the big 800k tress because i think they're prettier than the dark green ones, so my expanding isn't very efficient lol. Well. It works ok for me, atm i'm lvl130, started game in September 2013 i think.

It is funny how different we see a game, and what we want from it!

New Resident

Cool Babydrag1

I'm at level 59 and sure wish I had found your guide in the beginning. It is so helpful.

Thanks so much.

I'm at level 78 and I sure wish I had known this when I started!
    Hello, if you are reading this, I just created a forum password for my Android account with the name of Oliverstirc, Oliverstirc and Oliver118 are the same person. Since I only have Restaurant story on that account, I will only post as Oliverstirc on that forum.

Fashion Designer
    I'm at level 98 and MAN I wish I've read this thread before! Even NOW I struggle with gaining coins I'm almost at 4,000,000.
    accepting all neighbors

Fashion Designer
    I tried this thread's suggestions on my baby acct and it was okay. You have to check the habitats A LOT. And the Virtue dragon does really throw it off. I abandoned it when I got the battle arena because I didn't get (m)any good fighters using this method.
    Back after ~2 years off from games.

CS: Level 50. FFS: Level 136, with room to grow. Not playing DS anymore.