Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: After Diamond

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by edolka View Post
    I meant if you pair diamond with let's say air or forest, will it be the same? Will diamond + air result in air air and more air and then maybe gold? I understand that diamond and fire won't give you air
    Breeding any pure with diamond will give you that pure dragon or the diamond hybrid...air and diamond...will get you air or gold, etc. Breeding diamond with pure will have only two outcomes, the pure or the diamond hybrid of that color.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by edolka View Post
    I meant if you pair diamond with let's say air or forest, will it be the same? Will diamond + air result in air air and more air and then maybe gold? I understand that diamond and fire won't give you air
    You got it. More air than you know what to do with and maybe a gold.

Rhino Keeper
    Ok, well, all I gotta do now is get me some diamond lol

Banned
    I've just got my diamond! Breeding random dragons. Ill now try for the other hybrids. Especially the angel, because its so pretty. After getting one I suppose the fun comes from having its "relatives". Yay me, I'm a member of the club now. After getting my three hybrids in monster last week.

So need to try a lottery ticket.....

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Baraze View Post
    I've just got my diamond! Breeding random dragons. Ill now try for the other hybrids. Especially the angel, because its so pretty. After getting one I suppose the fun comes from having its "relatives". Yay me, I'm a member of the club now. After getting my three hybrids in monster last week.

So need to try a lottery ticket.....
    Congratulations.. Didn't know there was a club.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kwhales View Post
    Congratulations.. Didn't know there was a club.

It's invisible. Entry comes about for obtaining a diamond without trying too hard, getting excited and boom! You are confused again about what to do next.

Executive Chef
    you have 2 choices. Try and breed every dragon in the game or create a specialized island. Those who go the direction of specialized tend to lean toward the diamond type. Diamond hybrids are a lot more tedious to breed because there is only one way to do it. (you can use hybrids but more times then not it is a disaster.)
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggerhobbes View Post
    Hi all,

I seldom post on the DS board; this is something I let run in the background so I don't get my anticipation level too high.

I'm at lvl 83 and suddenly find myself the owner of a diamond dragon. I haven't put too much thoughts into this game, my strategy so far has been to breed any random 4 color dragons with common fail dragons breeding time that matches whatever in my hatchery. I've been at it for so long it's more or less become second nature, I even forget I've been trying for diamond from time to time.

So now that I've got diamond, I suddenly find myself without a strategy.

What's next? I will work on LE, maybe work on the pink. But what do you guys do after you have diamond? Is there another "holy grail" after diamond? Perhaps infinity by breeding 4 colors again? What else are worthy goals?

Keen to hear how other players prioritize.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Takiofallen View Post
    you have 2 choices. Try and breed every dragon in the game or create a specialized island. Those who go the direction of specialized tend to lean toward the diamond type. Diamond hybrids are a lot more tedious to breed because there is only one way to do it. (you can use hybrids but more times then not it is a disaster.)
    wont it be better to use a hybrid to breed with the diamond if the fail times are shorter?
    eg: using coral + diamond = chance of anubis/mercury. as opposed to using magic for anubis, fail time 20 hours vs 10 hours?

just got my diamond recently and i'm still trying to figure out the way to go to breed the other hybrids (only got crusader now!)

Banned
    I started with breeding diamond and water trying to mercury, since its only an hours time. Now that I think of it it may be better to use a coral.

Im just hesitant to use hybrids because I dont know if the diamonds parents will come into play and ill start getting hybrids based on them.

There are too many threads for me to find a clear answer, so ill stick with coral for a week and keep it moving, hoping something will stick!

Executive Chef
    The issue is 99% of the time the diamond element does not take so you end up breeding any of the magic/water hybrids. This increases the amount of fails you can have. when breeding with pure elements you can only get 2 results. Coral 10 Great but if it's a wizard now its 22 hours. It is possible as i know of 2 reliable sources who have done it but it's not practical. You can give it a shot for the week and see how it goes but between my 2 accounts pure is the way to go when breeding diamond
    Quote Originally Posted by kurebiz View Post
    wont it be better to use a hybrid to breed with the diamond if the fail times are shorter?
    eg: using coral + diamond = chance of anubis/mercury. as opposed to using magic for anubis, fail time 20 hours vs 10 hours?

just got my diamond recently and i'm still trying to figure out the way to go to breed the other hybrids (only got crusader now!)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast