Thread: Birthday Gold!

Farm Supplier

Wink Birthday Gold!

You can receive up to 20 gold per day, but we rarely do because we give & receive in a natural fairness, meaning we average out around 3 per day as that's all we can give.

BUT
    What if once a year, on your birthday, other DS users chose you for their gold so that just once a year you got a nice special bag of gold?

People could use this thread to tell others it's their birthday & friends can gift them accordingly.

If we get to gifting other things in future updates (like jewels?) we could put requests in here too.

I suggest not posting on you actual birthday, to reduce ID theft, but maybe 3 or 4 days before or after. Be fair though! No one likes a *****er.

Farm Supplier
    FWIW my birthday is 8 months away, so I won't be personally benefitting from this for a long time, if it takes off.

Farm Supplier
    it.....is.....my.....birthday......today /evilgrin and again next month /snicker

I like this idea ~~~ I was actually thinking one of these days, what if there was some kind of charity thing or such where every day a player is selected and then gifted 20 gold? I know I'm really dreamy, but oh well ^_^ your idea is even better, though, cause at least there's a reason for the gold gifting. You can count me in ~~~ sooo, when it's someone's birthday, the gold gifters are the player's neighbors, or some kind of team that you're going to gather or such?

Farm Supplier
    Ha ha, of course it is!

It's pretty easy to find if someone is a ***** bag & I imagine as we all love our Dragons & our gold, the general forum community wouldn't be very welcoming to anyone doing it.

But I think it'd make a few people's day to have a big golden birthday present from the DS community.
    Nothing needed from the admin team, just making use of the tools they've already given us.

Executive Chef
    Nice idea, my cousins birthday is next month, she'll be hyped abt this idea.
    My birthday isn't for another 7 or 8 months

I feel like everyday is my B-day

But i would be more happy if i got a diamond, and my android phone also got trade buildings, gold huts, etc

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by vanillaheaven View Post
    sooo, when it's someone's birthday, the gold gifters are the player's neighbors, or some kind of team that you're going to gather or such?
    It has to be neighbours, cos that's the only way we can gift, but we can add new neighbours if we're not already on each other's list.

To be honest neighbours are pretty arbitrary for many people. Chosen because we were just stumbling through & need egg points, or cos we like the look of their island.
    There will be a fair few who already chat on here that are neighbours too, & this is just another way to connect.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by ratadude View Post
    But i would be more happy if i got a diamond, and my android phone also got trade buildings, gold huts, etc
    Well iOS users can't trade those things either but if they did offer that in the future, a birthday gifting system already working would make it easier to do.

Of course I'm highly biased 'cos I egotistically want to see my idea take hold. But I believe in it too!