Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Expansion takes forever!!!!!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by cherryberry9 View Post
    Its ridiculous, they think its good for their future, but TL is unaware of all the people that quit. It this happened on RS it would be horrible because on RS you already make a lower profit without double prices.
    Tl are absolutely aware of it! They prepared for this massive change for a long time, and said so at the time. We spent weeks trying to figure out their master plan, but we are still not a hundred percent sure.

It seems they crunched the numbers, and decided that the loss of players, would be offset by the increased spenditure on gems by the smaller number of players left.

Maybe they had to many players not buying gems at all, costing them too much money running the server. And now the new players who come along don't realise it ever used to be different, so they play on blindly, wondering why they never make any money.

At the time I quit, my next expansion was going to cost 40 million.

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by nickerrs View Post
    What level are you? I found that as I leveled up, I collected coins faster than before. It may require some patience, but if you have a lot of tables and chairs available to your customers and make more costly food that generates more coins per plate, you'll get there sooner. I just expanded for four million coins, and now I'm currently saving up for an expansion that costs six million coins. Patience Also, you can always expand for gems if you can't wait that long, but I personally wouldn't use 40 (or however much) gems for that.
    I am on level 29. My bakery is so small I cant purchase anything else until I expand. I have been working on my expansion for 6 days now and I only have a little over 300,000 coins. At this rate it will be Mid January before I can expand. Kinda boring to just collect coins...

Rhino Keeper
    I bought the 1 million expansion 2-3 weeks ago have now earned ll that money back and more but don't think I will buy the next expansion, at least not for a while. I really wish it was easier to rearrange everything, like you could put counters and ovens in storage without losing the stuff on them. Thats part of the reason I don't intend to expand, it's just too difficult to rearrande

Executive Chef
    I feel terrible for the low level players. They don't have a hope in hell unless they purchase gems.

Fashion Designer
    the new players will quit and TL will be stuck with the grumpy higher level players

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by willowtree01 View Post
    I am on level 29. My bakery is so small I cant purchase anything else until I expand. I have been working on my expansion for 6 days now and I only have a little over 300,000 coins. At this rate it will be Mid January before I can expand. Kinda boring to just collect coins...
    I know what you mean. I can't even begin to predict when I'll be able to expand again. I just reached level 66 and I've only expanded to 14X17. I feel like it should be bigger, but these expansions are expensive. I only have a little over 2 million coins now.... Who knows how long it will take to save up 6 million for the next expansion. That's why I like the goals... It gives me something challenging instead of just baking and collecting coins like a robot.

Farm Supplier
    I agree with this. It now costs me 12 million to expand- or 80 gems! Far too much for a few extra squares of space.

I'm in the same boat! I'm level 35 and my next expansion costs 2 million...I only have 400k. My bakery has cheap white tables and log wallpapers cuz I can't afford to spend money on designing when I have to save up for my next expansion..so there's like nothing to do except watch as my balance rises by the pennies...

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by trace35 View Post
    It's not fun at all. In fact, I stopped playing altogether. It's not a free game any more.
    And it looks like nothing has changed since I quit!
    I just checked my bakery for the first time in weeks, and saw there are only two Xmas decorations that don't cost gems! A pole for 80 000?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    LMAO! I've nicknamed it Gem Story instead of Bakery Story. I finally had my last counter cleared of food about 1 hour ago and I've finally uninstalled it. I had already pulled all decor and just left out tables with fecsupers model to sell off my food when I quit when the price hike went into effect, and it has taken over 3 months for my counters to clear without me baking a thing. I had stored about 25-30 counters just before the price hike and still had over 30 counters left with millions upon millions of dishes and just waited patiently for it to sell. I now have almost 34 million coins but nothing to really spend it on since everything pretty much costs gems now. Plus with it taking that long to sell food, the last thing I want to do is bother baking more when they barely release any content to purchase with coins. The game is boring and just not worth it. Sad.

Executive Chef
    If you want to earn coins faster, you can bake either Red Velvet Cake or Earl Grey Tea (I make Earl Grey Tea EVERYDAY). I make an average of $250,000 coins each day (including my daily bonus).

BUT, there are several problems with my plan ...

1. I don't cook the new foods, so I don't earn any free gems. As far as I know, there is NO WAY to earn coins quickly and earn gems at the same time.

2. The game is still slow and BORING. I need 60 M to expand, it's going to take me 8 months total to get my next expansion.

3. In order to sell the Earl Grey Tea everyday, you cant have any other food in your bakery. (But DON'T throw food away, if you have lots of food, make Red Velvet Cake until your bakery sells out)

4. I don't spend any coins to buy new decor anymore . I'm really glad I played before the price increase.

TL said they wanted to increase the game's "longevity". Eight months for one expansion... that's beyond longevity. Its just BORING. Making the game boring DIDN'T make me buy gems. Not many people will stick with this game and earn the final expansion with coins. I'm going to do it, but I've got OCD . I want my bakey the biggest size and I refuse to buy gems from TL. My husband says I'm "nuts", I think he might be right

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast