Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Should I do this?

Rhino Keeper

Should I do this?

I don't know what to do. From the previous sale in November and the one before Xmas I've nearly got 2000 gold, if I was to buy a little more today with a little of my Xmas money I could buy the diamond.

Now here's my problem, I've been trying for a diamond on and off since I've started the game and I've had no luck, im level 54, do I waste my gold on breeding, I'm currently breeding mist and life or do I buy one.

I don't want to feel I've wasted my gold and at the same time I would have loved to had that amazing feeling of having breed one and I would kind of feel I've *****ed.

Now if I do buy one do my chances of getting another ultra rare go back to zero.

What would you do if you had enough gold.

Banned
    I want to buy gold since its on sale too. I thought I would get one if I ever had enough gold, but I think ill preserve it and not speed breed or evolve any worthless long taking dragons (cough, fruitful, cough).

Since you're an established player you have to ask yourself, do you play for the thrill of trying for the diamond itself, or you want the bragging rights of having one on your island NOW.

Can I ask, have you ever used gold to buy coins? I need to expand ASAP and can't earn enough on my own with trying to make food to evolve.

Rhino Keeper
    No, I've never had to buy coins with gold, I patiently save up, someone told me when I started its slow going at first but you get there'd in the end.

I'd love to be able to brag, your right about that if I breed one, but if I did buy one I'd be completely honest with people, I've got lots of other dragons to brag about if I wanted too, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by suzysuzy35 View Post
    Now if I do buy one do my chances of getting another ultra rare go back to zero.
    Huh? Why would they go back to zero? Maybe I've missed something, but I didn't know that you could only get one ultra rare every _____ months or something....

Other than that, if the one thing that's holding you back is the "*****ing" aspect, I say don't worry about that. I mean, you can still breed an Infinity naturally plus, some of the diamond hybrids like mercury and Anubis (fail time = LONG) aren't all that easy to get... I mean, getting my Anubis really tested my patience.

Personally, I wouldn't have bought gold to get a diamond, because, well, I'm not exactly old enough to have started earning my own money, and I feel bad using someone else's. I think I got my diamond when I was level 70, and it was THE most random thing ever. I got it with Firestorm x Island, which I'd always considered the most boring combination for diamond oh well.

So yeah. If you're only worried about "*****ing", then go for it it's not *****ing. It's supporting TL good luck with making the decision ~~~~~

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by suzysuzy35 View Post
    No, I've never had to buy coins with gold, I patiently save up, someone told me when I started its slow going at first but you get there'd in the end.

I'd love to be able to brag, your right about that if I breed one, but if I did buy one I'd be completely honest with people, I've got lots of other dragons to brag about if I wanted too, lol.

I'm on level 45 and have had to sell off a lot of rares and super rares for not having any space left. Due to the cost of clearing foliage costing so much. I've seen islands with multiple diamons. People are still in awe because its not often you can find one. Like Vanilla said, you could still try hard for the other diamond hybrids. Personally I'm trying for infinity. I've spent over 600 gold rushing breeding trying for Tusker and laser light. I've just bought some gold, ill figure out what's a good idea when getting my 40th love dragon annoys me. Let us know if you get it or not!

Rhino Keeper
    Vanilla heaven - about the chances of getting an ultra rare going back to zero.

It was only my theory about the game, I wondered if my chances were higher now as I've been breeding lots and lots and lots........and then if I bought an ultra rare, do I start all over again, sorry if I've not explained myself properly, hope you understand what I'm getting at. I'm no expert about the game,lol.

Rhino Keeper
    In my honest opinion, it's only '*****ing' if you show off an island full of Diamond Dragons and claimed you bred each and every one of them. And even then, it isn't *****ing; that's just lying.

Have fun with your game! If buying a Diamond will make you happy, then why not go for it? Different people play this game (and other games) for different reasons after all.

Rhino Keeper
    Sefyre yep, it would make be very happy, I just don't think I'd get that OMG feeling from breeding one.

Banned
    I'd keep my gold. You already bought it so you already helped out TL. I'd use it to speed breedings. Perhaps get a third nest in that case. It wouldn't feel the same, buying one versus breeding one... I am still waiting for mine level 91 here!

Farm Supplier
    Your chances of breeding are the same every time. They do not get better every time you breed. It is like flipping a coin. Every time time you flip there is a 50% chance of heads. Even if you flipped 10 tails in a row on your next flip you still only have a 50% chance of getting a head.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast