Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I Quit

Rhino Keeper
    I just started the game a few moths ago when it came out in a promotion on a Storm8 game. I'm now level 52 and quite a few super rare and limited edition. I'm able to easily get them to Epic since food cost is low for us Android players. I still have a few more quests to compete and few more dragons I want.

But I understand, without new content and ability to trade duplicates and try for new dragons, more decorations, etc, I'll be leaving as well. But, I'll be busy for a little while longer. Hopefully by that time they hire some Android programmers. I think the guys they have don't know what they are doing or it would have been done.

I'd be ok with two separate versions with new content. Split the forum into two and start it over.

My 2 cents...

Rhino Keeper
    Thank you all for reading and posting.
    I want to add a correction, I put level 70 in the original post but my game was actually 61. I don't know where I got 70 from *facepalm*

I second the idea of two different forums for the devices. I hated coming to the forum anymore to see all the IOS users with their cool new toys and I still have coal in my DS stocking

Fashion Designer
    I'm sorry to hear about the problems Android players are experiencing. You are not alone though. I'm an iOS user and play on my iPad. I too am plagued with update and breeding issues. I actually reverted back to playing on the original DS app after waiting eons for updates to my New Dawn version. I find sticking to the original version produces a greater breeding of rare dragons and more timely updates.
    JUICYBERRY--EnchantedWings-- Lunaria✨✨--KODIAK DREAMS
    --------FS2-----------------DS--------------------CS-------------------FF----------
    ID: crystalrayn3
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am an Android user. I'm currently lv 69. I've managed my island up to this point with the new content in mind; I've cleared the spaces around the dawn tree "spot" for the boost buildings, I've managed my epic dragons for the album, kept my additional habitats around for the storage (I don't have a diamond habitat), and waited for the trading portal so I could effectively get rid of my duplicates without having to sell for a piddly 100 coin a piece. But I've reached the conclusion that by the time I do end up getting the upgrades, 3 new ones will have been released and I'll have to modify my strategy yet again. This is frustrating to say the least, and my future time spent on the game is very quickly coming to an end. I will be leaving the game when I either breed a Diamond dragon or reach the level cap. And you can be sure I will not be playing another Team Lava game afterwards.

TL was started as an iOS company, a savvy business choice 2-3 years ago when Apple dominated the market. However, Android has surpassed Apple (iPhone) in smartphone sales. Kindle has been introduced to the mix, and we can expect Windows/Microsoft will be joining shortly as well. Times have changed and the consumer base is changing with them. Team Lava, on the other hand, has made it painfully obvious that they will not.
    I appreciate the moderators who try to save face with their "updates coming soon" posts; I certainly wouldn't want to be in your place. But it's been several months since the New Dawn content was released. The Android team (likely 1 person, from the sound of it) is "still working" and there's been no mention of Kindle. If TL cared enough about their user base, they'd hold off updates until cross platform patching was complete. Even better, they'd hire more platform engineers to help facilitate the transition. Instead, there have been an additional two content updates, all geared towards 100% of iOS users. I view this as clear evidence that Team Lava has no intention to change their business goal: iOS sales and content.

I realize that it is my responsibility for choosing this product. I could very easily uninstall it right now. As I've not purchased gold to support the company, I wouldn't even be disappointed. I suppose my complaint is that had I known that Dragon Story would be solely updated iOS content, I would not have played. I am frustrated that there had been no warning for an unsuspecting consumer such as myself that Team Lava favored another user group and could barely be bothered to offer the same experience to mine. And I feel sorry for those who have paid real money, with the same intent as myself, to be taken advantage of in such a way.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by silverdragon686 View Post
    I am an Android user. I'm currently lv 69. I've managed my island up to this point with the new content in mind; I've cleared the spaces around the dawn tree "spot" for the boost buildings, I've managed my epic dragons for the album, kept my additional habitats around for the storage (I don't have a diamond habitat), and waited for the trading portal so I could effectively get rid of my duplicates without having to sell for a piddly 100 coin a piece. But I've reached the conclusion that by the time I do end up getting the upgrades, 3 new ones will have been released and I'll have to modify my strategy yet again. This is frustrating to say the least, and my future time spent on the game is very quickly coming to an end. I will be leaving the game when I either breed a Diamond dragon or reach the level cap. And you can be sure I will not be playing another Team Lava game afterwards.

TL was started as an iOS company, a savvy business choice 2-3 years ago when Apple dominated the market. However, Android has surpassed Apple (iPhone) in smartphone sales. Kindle has been introduced to the mix, and we can expect Windows/Microsoft will be joining shortly as well. Times have changed and the consumer base is changing with them. Team Lava, on the other hand, has made it painfully obvious that they will not.
    I appreciate the moderators who try to save face with their "updates coming soon" posts; I certainly wouldn't want to be in your place. But it's been several months since the New Dawn content was released. The Android team (likely 1 person, from the sound of it) is "still working" and there's been no mention of Kindle. If TL cared enough about their user base, they'd hold off updates until cross platform patching was complete. Even better, they'd hire more platform engineers to help facilitate the transition. Instead, there have been an additional two content updates, all geared towards 100% of iOS users. I view this as clear evidence that Team Lava has no intention to change their business goal: iOS sales and content.

I realize that it is my responsibility for choosing this product. I could very easily uninstall it right now. As I've not purchased gold to support the company, I wouldn't even be disappointed. I suppose my complaint is that had I known that Dragon Story would be solely updated iOS content, I would not have played. I am frustrated that there had been no warning for an unsuspecting consumer such as myself that Team Lava favored another user group and could barely be bothered to offer the same experience to mine. And I feel sorry for those who have paid real money, with the same intent as myself, to be taken advantage of in such a way.
    I agree with you in every word.

Farm Supplier
    I am also an Android user. I am at level 60 and have been playing a while now. Part of me wishes I had never found this forum. If it was not for coming here I would not know that New Dawn was suppose to have more than a color change and better zooming. I would not know there was an album update. I would not know there were dragons I could not get because I did not have the album update. I would not know about crafting and spell builds. I would think the ruby and emerald dragons were just hard to get, like diamond dragons, not impossible to breed.

I would be happier not knowing all these things, but I do know them.

I can understand one platform being a little behind the other but we still don't have the full New Dawn update and it has been roughly 3 months since it was released for iOS. I think the album update for iOS was about a month ago but there is nothing for android yet. Now there is the crafting and spell building update for iOS and all android users get is the ability to buy dragons that iOS people can craft.

So here is my pledge. I WILL NEVER SPEND REAL MONEY ON THIS GAME UNLESS TL GIVES ME THE SAME CONTENT AS iOS. Why would I spend my money so that you can keep adding content to a device I don't own while ignoring the device I do own!

Rhino Keeper
    I tend to think of the Crafting update as "strike three" as well, but I'm willing to call it a foul tip for now. Sadly, I don't expect the situation to change for the better. People are quitting, revenues will go down, and soon enough, Team Lava will join the ranks of iOS exclusive developers.

Executive Chef
    I agree I Also uninstalled I am tired of paying for IOS updates and we get nothing.

Well I play on my iPad and have played since the game started and still no diamond and I play every day several times a day so I don't think it just one set of people. I finally got my diamond in monster story and it will be a great day to see it show up here I know I will get it one day butt as I said been almost a year and still no diamond.

Hey everyone,

Thank you for the feedback on everything.

I will be closing the thread since it has brought a lot of rumors and false information to the table.
    TeamLava Staff - CuddlyDragon [Send Private Message]
    Support Email: support@teamlava.com
    Forum Questions: Community Manager Thread

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12