Thread: The Levelling System- an official response?

Rhino Keeper

Thumbs up The Levelling System- an official response?

This post was posted a month or two ago when they messed with level 99 however I have just read it and it seems like an official answer on the level 99 XP fiasco!

This was posted by:
    DaojinWildfire -Community Manager

Why did you make changes to our levels?
    It was necessary to adjust the leveling system in order to balance the progression rate in the games. Many of the highest levels are different, so they are not ordinary levels. These levels required an insane amount of experience, which meant that reaching these levels was a hard, but significant achievement. These super levels had to be balanced, so that you can smoothly progress from one level to the next, instead of hitting a plateau.

Why did some players jump up in levels and others go down?
    To balance the level system, we didn't just change the level caps, but we also adjusted the experience requirement for all of the levels. This means the amount of experience you need to level is different from before, so you may see a different level depending on how much experience you have.

You added more levels to Farm Story. Why not do the same for the rest of the games?
    Please remember that these games are not the same. It would be AWESOME if we could just copy and paste changes and apply them to other games, but because the games are different, each one has to be handled differently.

Adding more levels on top of the old level system would not work. If we did this, most players will never reach the new levels, because they will still hit the plateau and grind through the super levels. So to add new levels, the progression rate needs to be balanced, which is what we did in Farm Story.

When we introduced new levels, some players immediately jumped 10 to 20 levels. Why? Because we adjusted the experience requirements for the old levels, but also because you never stop earning experience. Even when you reach the level cap, you'll notice you're still gaining experience.

So why did Farm Story get more levels and we didn't? You balanced the level system, but didn't add more levels.
    We plan on adding more levels (hopefully soon), but we will need to update the games to support them.

Why do I need millions of experience to reach the new level 100?
    Technically, level 100 doesn't exist, since the level cap is now 99. Even when you reach the level cap, we want you to continue gaining experience, so this creates a huge ceiling so you never stop gaining experience.
    TeamLava Staff - DaojinWildfire

This was posted soon after:

Originally Posted by totaltechno
    So the 20m exp to Lv 100 is basically a placeholder for the next level cap update?

Kooky Panda:
    This is correct. Currently this game cannot handle higher levels, but TL is currently working on this, so there can be higher levels later.
    Once this happens, since you will earning XPs, then when they increase the level cap, the amount of XPs for level 100 will be lowered and you will jump to the level that matches the required XPs.

Rhino Keeper
    Funny, PonyRoar told me they would NEVER change the XP system when I suggested it after the price inflation! I knew TL wasn't stupid... the moderators shouldn't lie to the people on the forums if they don't know the real answer. I suggested to change the XP system instead of increasing the prices and she said it "wouldn't work". A week or two later it was changed! What a joke!

Rhino Keeper
    I have a screenshot! ;)

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by ladygaga1978 View Post
    Funny, PonyRoar told me they would NEVER change the XP system when I suggested it after the price inflation! I knew TL wasn't stupid... the moderators shouldn't lie to the people on the forums if they don't know the real answer. I suggested to change the XP system instead of increasing the prices and she said it "wouldn't work". A week or two later it was changed! What a joke!
    Oh yeah, I never believe them when they say that they can't do anything. Just look at dragon story if you play. They definitely can add new features or adjust the economy of the game....only towards their wallets.