Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Mermaid scales

I agree with you. So many items require the mermaid scales and difficulty acquiring them really limits the game. Building the Cathedral takes a very long time and starts to get boring. I am hopeful that a future upgrade will address the problem either by gifting to friends or through trade. I have no particular use for kissing dust or ink. I would love to be able to convert those things into something useful using the trade route.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Place_of_Joy View Post
    I agree with you. So many items require the mermaid scales and difficulty acquiring them really limits the game. Building the Cathedral takes a very long time and starts to get boring. I am hopeful that a future upgrade will address the problem either by gifting to friends or through trade. I have no particular use for kissing dust or ink. I would love to be able to convert those things into something useful using the trade route.
    Gifting wouldn't solve the problem if it stays at 3 per day limit.

Rhino Keeper
    We could technically get up to 20 gifts but it's gotta have to come from somewhere and not being able to reciprocate makes people feel bad.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilipipi View Post
    We could technically get up to 20 gifts but it's gotta have to come from somewhere and not being able to reciprocate makes people feel bad.
    I've reconciled this in my mind. Since there's no hope of being able to reciprocate with gifts, and everybody knows that, I don't worry about it. I get to whom I can and I'm pleased and surprised when anybody sends something to me. It really is just a bonus, after all.

Rhino Keeper
    If you are maxed or near maxed on water and fish the scales don't drop often. Try using about 15 or 20 water and fish then try.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by bbarra View Post
    If you are maxed or near maxed on water and fish the scales don't drop often. Try using about 15 or 20 water and fish then try.
    That definitely doesn't make any difference when I try it, unfortunately.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by tanbi1 View Post
    That definitely doesn't make any difference when I try it, unfortunately.
    I don't see any difference in drops when I maxed out.
    Some people say you can try putting your wells around the Tablet, and have the fish symbol in the Tablet facing South for better drops. I haven't tred it because I haven't had time to decorate

Rhino Keeper
    Well it's 20.15 and I started playing at 7am today. I have picked up the iPad every half hour at least, and collected from all my ponds and wells every time. Can officially say I have gotten zero scales today. I'm not maxed on either water or fish.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by tanbi1 View Post
    Well it's 20.15 and I started playing at 7am today. I have picked up the iPad every half hour at least, and collected from all my ponds and wells every time. Can officially say I have gotten zero scales today. I'm not maxed on either water or fish.
    You need your shard! Try doing some magic or something

Rhino Keeper
    Magic! Of course! I was praying! Doh!

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast