Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Mermaid scales

Executive Chef
    I found that I was (for a brief and shining moment) maxed out on scales. After my head stopped exploding I made bunches of enchanters essence and lumin thingies, so now I'm back to scrabbling for them again. My theory (which is mine) is that there are some built-in brakes in resources to stop people from going too fast, and MS are one of these types of brakes.

Rhino Keeper
    same here...need mermaid scales and used to get a lot of them. Once I got to a level 20 or so I couldn't get them anymore. I tried making things that need water and fish but it doesn't seem to help.

Rhino Keeper
    Ok, I got the prism for the pink unicorn this morning, therefore, my water stocks were depleted, once crafting. I kept a tally (for the first time). At the start 0 water, 69 fish, 37 scales. 55 hits in total on wells x 4 and pond x 1. 98 water, 99 fish, about 10 hits previously and 50 scales at the end. Therefore 55 hits gave 98 water, approx 45 hits gave 30 fish and 55 hits gave 13 scales. That is my math lesson for everyone. Scales are rarer. Cheers

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannah396 View Post
    same here...need mermaid scales and used to get a lot of them. Once I got to a level 20 or so I couldn't get them anymore. I tried making things that need water and fish but it doesn't seem to help.
    Just collect from your ponds and wells (I have 10) without worrying about being maxed on water and fish. Whenever I can I use the fish and water, but it's disproportionate drops and you need more mermaid scales than you get from fulfilling your need for water and fish.

Rhino Keeper
    I hv noticed that when I m maxed on water my wells n ponds tend to drop more fish n scales. .....o r that's wat I feel

Host(ess)
    How many mermaid scales does trade with Belladona give?

I have very limited rat tails (still saving for Pepe), but mermaid scales are such a nightmare for me that id consider wasting some for a good reward.

For people who are gonna say: ?Duh, just craft more wells!? or ?Duh, just collect from them more often? (heard that 50 times already >< !):
    _i have enough wells
    _more than half of all the energy i get goes on well collecting since a month, you'll understand i want to reduce it.

If you care to know of my situation :
    I used 160 scales for building theaters to get RP to unlock Sabina, then 85 scales on the amphi, after that i bought the cathedral and realised I needed 90 scales, now Sabina wants 6 enchanters essence for her scissors so that's 30 more, i gave up dark caves since 1~2 weeks cuz 2lumin potions took 10 more each day... Finally, my 2nd deep mine is on hold cuz need 60 more!
    Seem endless. Have a decent source of every other ressource but that many quests including enchanters essence at the same time really slows me down.
    You might say, slow down these and focus on jousting arena, but I need 30 rat tails for jousting arena.. that's why the dilemma.

I ended the boar invasion this morning when completed my swamp. Had high hopes about it giving scales, but after a dozen collections it gave only water, no scale...what a pity.
    Can't buy mermaid pond, and even if i could, think the collect time is a bit disappointing.

So....what should i do : keep the same boring neverending well collect?
    Or burn some tails to get a little boost?
    Last edited by Eilann; 06-29-15 at 02:51 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    I never wrote down the drops from Belladona trade, but I can tell you that Ancient vault adventure has 1/3 chance to drop 2 or 4 scales. Also from desert sands you might get 5 scales, but the chance is a bit small, 1/14

Host(ess)
    Oh, didn't thought of adventures. Thanks
    But would pain me a bit to do ancient vault again just for a chance to get 2 or 4 scales. xD
    Should unlock desert at the end of the week, hope rewards will be interesting

If it can help people : I aslo tried the theory : ?CS doesn't give you stuff that you badly need, so always keep 10 of the items you want without spending them?, and it works a little ! its not spectacular though, but it went from maximum 8 collects in a row without getting scales, to maximum 5.
    Last edited by Eilann; 06-29-15 at 08:38 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Eilann View Post
    Oh, didn't thought of adventures. Thanks
    But would pain me a bit to do ancient vault again just for a chance to get 2 or 4 scales. xD
    Should unlock desert at the end of the week, hope rewards will be interesting
    Keep collecting from the tablet of Tabernum, when you get the shard, the chances for getting scales from water sources increase.

Executive Chef
    I have 5 ponds, 1 swamp and 1 well, and collect regularly from them. I'm never short of mermaid-scales, but I do have all shards from the Tablet. Collecting stuff is just a standard round, and I'm almost maxed out of everything that way.