Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Frustrated, Burned Out, Bored??

Farm Supplier

Frustrated, Burned Out, Bored??

I must have the worst luck.

I know a lot of other players face the same predicament and I know these new goals are meant to slow progress but...

I have never collected any truffles from my pigs.
    I can't get the golden apple from my magic garden.
    I have never collected any thing other then coins, glue, beams, stones, and once in a while a gem from adventures, despite which adventure I do. Never have I got a tree, dark cave, or anything exciting from them. The only difference between the adventures is that I do not get coins from the first adventure.
    I have been stuck on the same goals for over a month because I have not been able to get truffles, prime cuts, or find a skunkupine for the life of me, yet glimmer trolls run a muck in my kingdom.
    I am having a really hard time with the market quests.
    Energy is scarce.

& What makes it even more frustrating is that I am a very active player. I play castle story everyday about 100 times a day and I am not getting anywhere. I am on level 24 and I have a hard time collecting coal so it is a slow roll for me to make lanterns. I feel like I am not getting anywhere.

Is it time to give up on castle story?

Farm Supplier
    And no knowledge shards.

Nightclub Owner
    It's a personal decision if you want to quit. It's not something I'd do.

Skunkupines - are you harvesting a lot of crops like wheat or tending flowers? They really seem to like these.
    Truffles - what pigs do you have?
    Prime cuts - what sheep and cows do you have?
    Adventures - treat them like lotto. Most of the time they won't pay off but once in a couple of million you might get lucky.
    Wisp Lanterns - the people who gift you know to gift earth wisps right?
    Knowledge shards - don't stress about not getting these. Think of them as a bonus if you get them but not essential if you don't.
    Golden apple - it will come when it comes

You'll occasionally get gems from adventures, the purple cow and from quests. You can use these to buy apple trees (for more chances at the golden apple) or for better animals (for more chances at truffles and prime cuts).

I don't focus so much on the goals in the game. I know some are going to take a really long time and I can't control that. I make up my own goals. Generally these are to do with maxing out on crafted items.

Anyway that's my 2 cents worth.

Executive Chef
    I understand where you are. I am stuck in the same cycle. I've got about 6-7 quests that are REALLY long-term.
    After a couple of weeks I've only got half the prime cuts & half the truffles.
    Silly me. I bought the windmill but it is taking FOREVER to accumulate wool.
    Taking forever to get that last skunkupine.
    Cant get a hide for the market quest to save my life.
    No shards here either.
    So, since I've been able to accumulate lots of money, I've been buying rocks & buliding wisps & lanterns. I'm expanding like a mad woman so that when the goals actually do start going through (and they will) I can focus on those.
    I think you have to look at this as a long term game & just enjoy the ride. If that's not your style, then so beit.
    And guess what? I finally got a sheep today from the easiest & cheapest adventure. Don't give up!!

Farm Supplier
    Thanks for the quick reply.

I am harvesting a lot, but all I get is fang beasts.
    I haven't spent gems on animals so I only have 4 regular cows. No sheep.
    As for pigs I haven't spent gems there either. So I only have black pigs. They only drop bacon.
    And as for earth wisps, they are the only gift I receive.
    I guess the truth is you have to spend some to make some.
    I know I'll have better luck if I spend gems, but the amount of gems these items cost seem too high for my taste.
    I guess I'll keep trying, for now, but the goals went from getting done to fast to slowing down so much I will have them done by the next ice age.

Just a little luck would be nice that way I had some hope.

Thanks to you both.

I guess the truth is, I am too addicted to quit.

Executive Chef
    Im on lv 24 too and i feel pretty lucky compared to you. Just be pattient. Just like you, ive never ever gotten any trees or animals .... so what ? I bought myself a white sheep with the gems i earned from playing other TL's games. Once you have sir piggy , he drops everything.
    About the skunkupine, you need to quick crops like wheat, corn, tomato or tending flowers.
    As for the coal , again, just like you , im low on coal too so taken it easy , you're not alone
    And as a active player, you should check the topic about the market quest here so you can prepare for the goal.

Executive Chef
    Sry for my bad english , just noticed some mistakes :S

Rhino Keeper
    You have to plant specific crops to get a skunkupine. Are you harvesting wheat or tomatoes? Just keep planting those and I guarantee you'll get one soon.

Don't depend on normal cows for prime cuts, I got a sheep from the first adventure and it gives me some every now and then, but most of my prime cuts came from the adventures.

The cheapest gem pig gives out truffles more often than the black pig, I think.

You're always low on what you need the most, which makes sense if you think about it.

Farm Supplier
    I'm also an unlucky player! It takes me forever to get things done but what I love to do is designing my kingdom. I'm at level 21 but I feel like everyone has surpassed me in the storyline . I don't have the garden yet but I've been working on the lanterns for it and just today I realized I'd been putting the lanterns on the wrong plot !

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by lozerrfaceXOXOmommy View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply.

I am harvesting a lot, but all I get is fang beasts.
    I haven't spent gems on animals so I only have 4 regular cows. No sheep.
    As for pigs I haven't spent gems there either. So I only have black pigs. They only drop bacon.
    And as for earth wisps, they are the only gift I receive.
    I guess the truth is you have to spend some to make some.
    I know I'll have better luck if I spend gems, but the amount of gems these items cost seem too high for my taste.
    I guess I'll keep trying, for now, but the goals went from getting done to fast to slowing down so much I will have them done by the next ice age.

Just a little luck would be nice that way I had some hope.

Thanks to you both.

I guess the truth is, I am too addicted to quit.
    Just FYI I haven't spent any money on this game. I also only have a black pig and regular cows. My lone sheep came from an adventure. I have 2 fruit trees, but I got them by saving gems from market quests, rich caravan and jewel mania quest. My earth wisps come from gifts and coal from rock piles i buy with coins. This game is very doable without spending any money. Just have to have some patience- I know it's hard sometimes. I'm addicted too!

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast