Thread: how to level up faster in dragon story?

Thumbs up how to level up faster in dragon story?

im level 8 and its getting harder to getting to the next level. so, give me your suggestions on how to level up faster.

Executive Chef
    What's the rush? But if you want to....grow alot of food, each gives you xp, buy habitats and place one dragon in each. Everytime a neighbor visits they will leave you coins and xps. Remember, each hab needs at least one dragon assigned to it to collect coins and xps....although the dragon could be breeding or evolving,,,,it doesn't have to be in the hab to earn you stuff. Get a lot of neighbors....good neighbors that will visit. and visit them and community members as much as you can. you will increase both coins and xp.

decorating is another way to move up fast, but be careful, you will need the space soon for habitats. Clear as much land as possible for future growth. It won't necessarily get you xps but what you put on it will.

Farm Supplier
    my stragegy:
    expand and clear area
    buy cheep habitats (red or green)
    buy cheep eggs (fire and forest)
    no invest in bigger farms
    buy cheepest food (30 sec or 3 min)

a big red habitat with 3 fire dragons (level 3)
    pay price:
    1 hour earning

after 10 hours you have the investment back

a big green habitat with 3 fire dragons (level 3)
    pay price:
    1 hour earning

after 28 hours you have the investment back

a big yellow habitat with 3 air dragons (level 3)
    pay price
    1 hour earning

after 153 hours you have the investment back

pay price
    1 hour earning

after 246 hours you have the investment back

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by thenijn View Post
    my stragegy:
    expand and clear area
    buy cheep habitats (red or green)
    buy cheep eggs (fire and forest)
    no invest in bigger farms
    buy cheepest food (30 sec or 3 min)

a big red habitat with 3 fire dragons (level 3)
    pay price:
    1 hour earning

after 10 hours you have the investment back

a big green habitat with 3 fire dragons (level 3)
    pay price:
    1 hour earning

after 28 hours you have the investment back

pay price
    1 hour earning

after 153 hours you have the investment back

pay price
    1 hour earning

after 246 hours you have the investment back
    You can't put fire dragons in forest habitats

Executive Chef
    There is no quicker way at your level. You have to maximize profits by filling all of your habitats with dragons. Once you start making a lot of coins you will make a lot more xp off of farming expanding etc

Executive Chef
    The man is right..... jump in to magic hybrids and light hybrids as soon as you can. they will yield more coin.
    Quote Originally Posted by grondai View Post
    There is no quicker way at your level. You have to maximize profits by filling all of your habitats with dragons. Once you start making a lot of coins you will make a lot more xp off of farming expanding etc

What I wish I had known

Here is what I wish I had known when I started playing...
    1) To earn coins, it's less about dragons than habitats. Buy the highest yielding habitat's as fast as you can and put your new hybrid dragons in the highest yielding habitat they can go in. Big habitats - blue 3,600/hr - green 3,200/hr - yellow 2,900/hr - red 2,500/hr. Then, when you level up enough to buy the light dragon, do so and start buying the white habitats that yield 7,200/hr. This will maximize your coins when you can't collect often, such as when you're sleeping.
    2) Farms - Buy the minimum of farms that are required to satisfy challenges, but no more until you get to level 17 when you can buy the Enchanted Farms. Then, start buying the Enchanted Farms instead of upgrading small farms. You can sell your small farm and buy an Enchanted Farm for 100,000 coins, or upgrade your small farm to a large farm for 30,000 and then upgrade that to an Enchanted Farm for 100,000. Selling and then buying saves you 30,000 coins. You don't get any credit for the farm you're upgrading, so you may as well save for the big one and not waste your coins. You won't be able to fully utilize the Enchanted Farms until you start making a lot of coins, but you'll save coins in the long run.
    3) Challenges - Don't necessarily try to do the dragon challenges. Make a spreadsheet to track you dragons and figure out the best dragons to level up first. Calculate the cost of food vs earnings. I got a Rainbow dragon early on and wasted a ton of food leveling him up for a challenge, only to discover that he only earns 652/hr at level 10. (I'm at level 60 and still haven't completed that challenge)
    4) Do all of the other game challenges. Every few days. TL will give you the option to play another game for Gold, all you have to do is install it and play it once for 30 gold, then you can keep playing to a certain level for another 15, and then an additional level for another 15. And usually they're pretty fun.
    5) Put your storm8 id on your wall. Go to Menu --> Overview -->Wall and post a message with your id and ask people to add you. You'd be surprised how many people will see it.
    6) Remember that this game is a marathon, not a sprint. Unless your a Trustafarian with tons of money to spend, it will probably take a few years to get all of the breedable dragons that are out now. I'm not sure if I'll ever be done because TL keeps adding dragons and levels. Not that I mind. I love this game because every time I breed 2 dragons, it's like a present on my birthday. I don't know what I'll get. Sometimes it's something I already have, but every once in a while it's either something I don't have, or even better, something I've wanted.
    Last edited by NancyJosJewels; 11-28-15 at 02:12 AM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkEyes2012 View Post
    im level 8 and its getting harder to getting to the next level. so, give me your suggestions on how to level up faster.
    Before you get too dedicated to leveling up, you may want to read this thread about slowing down a shade to maximized early game coin generation...

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread....ow-to-get-Rich

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by roguebee View Post
    Before you get too dedicated to leveling up, you may want to read this thread about slowing down a shade to maximized early game coin generation...

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread....ow-to-get-Rich
    I second this link. It gave me a great start. Definitely check it out!

Why can I not buy habitats when needed... Why do I have to go up a level before I can buy habitats
    Does anyone know the answer to this
    Last edited by Sharonlynn20; 06-03-22 at 10:31 AM.