Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Swan wallpaper goal..

New Resident
    Ok so it's not just me then that is stuck at the seventh day goal for making my restaurant look festive too early!!

Quote Originally Posted by KadeeDid View Post
    I always wait to buy anything as most often for these theme goals ( World Games, Halloween, Thanksgiving), you have to buy specific items. Sometimes it is just any chair, table, counter, floor tile, wallpaper but occasionally specific. Wallpaper and floor tile are the tricky ones.
    Would be nice for new people if there was a warning in the FAQ. Many times I have only known about certain things such as how many gifts, gems etc. by checking forums. I held off on Pet Shop buying of animals due to the possibility of certain animals being a goal but discovered that you are credited retroactively.

Now waiting on the ladies dancing requests. Tried to pick people who respond but some are in different time zones and don't want to bog down my requests.
    Sorry to tell you that it is not retro either. It is a matter of when you finish your goal. If your french fries was the last thing you needed and you cooked to many when the new goal came up it picked it up. It doesnot retro. I have tried several time on the torte. I wanted to store my stove and pull out another oven so I cooked a bunch of tortes so I could but when the next goal came up I had to unstore my stove. It makes a difference only if that is the last part of the goal given and completed. TeamLava seems to be tricking a few people that have been playing a while. While us fairly new people don't know what to do so we do nothing.

I understand it is a "game" and I may have to use gems to skip steps...but seriously, 49 gems to skip? That is more gems then I've ever had...I do not buy gems. I realize most of the changes TL has made is to make us purchase gems...to support a free game I'm sure...but 49 gems?

Remember that this game is a buisness first. They have to make money one way or another. They have to pay their employees too. If they don't make money than they don't have a buisness. I don't agree or disagree with some of their buisness practices but it does make you have to choose if you want to play or not.

I totally agree mammasplace. There are several goals I have not been able to complete because I wouldn't buy gems to "skip". I didn't black out when prices increased...I'm just bummed I won't get through the christmas goals

Executive Chef
    This is all gonna come back and bite TL in the face.

New Resident
    Same problem bought all the swan wall paper an hour before the goal. Now stuck don't want to waste 42 gems was enjoying the goals now stuck.would be great if you could sell it again and re buy it. Might e mail team lava but the time they reply Xmas will be gone : - (

New Resident
    Had the same issue, already emailed teamlava and was told to upgrade my restaurant to get the wallpaper. They need to make an option to either sell or store the wallpaper like the other items so you can just buy it again! By the time I will have enough to upgrade and expand my place it will be next year probably! Really frustrated because I love this game and play all day long and now I'm stuck. boo

Quote Originally Posted by mammasplace1 View Post
    Remember that this game is a buisness first. They have to make money one way or another. They have to pay their employees too. If they don't make money than they don't have a buisness. I don't agree or disagree with some of their buisness practices but it does make you have to choose if you want to play or not.
    While everything you said is true, TeamLava should remember that good customer service is the best route to paying and returning customers. If they don't have enough happy customers then they don't make money and they don't have a business. I'd be willing to bet that the number of people who actually spend less due to these various gem traps, and thus costing them money overall, is pretty high.

Rhino Keeper
    ^^^exactly! If they keep letting stuf like this happen and just say "Oh well" I stead of trying to help the customers out, it's going to put off a lot of customers. It's going to put off customers from buying anymore gems with all these gem traps they have. I understand business first, but I feel like they dot even care about the people who are having these problems. But whatever, not finishing up these goals. End of story.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast