Page 2 of 138 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Story Breeding Experiments/Theories

Farm Supplier
    I'm still fighting with 2 approaches - the angel on my left shoulder says it's just pure statistical thing with a chance of for example: 60% getting a common, 30% rare, 9% super rare and 1% ultra rare. And then divided by the respective number of possible outcomes in each category.
    The devil on the other shoulder just cannot believe, that it's just statistics that I could easily breed magic/light hybrids on 1st try, Boo including, but have terrific pity when dealing with fire/magic and fire/water hybrids.
    And as a matter of fact - breeding the diamond dragon could have been done quite easily following some principles with a success of 10/10 people getting him within 9 attempts, mostly on their 5th and 6th try. Dunno, just pure coincidence or maybe not

Executive Chef
    Read through this it might help, it might not at a minimum it will give you something to think about.
    https://forums.teamlava.com/showthrea...Results-are-in!
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin323 View Post
    I'm still fighting with 2 approaches - the angel on my left shoulder says it's just pure statistical thing with a chance of for example: 60% getting a common, 30% rare, 9% super rare and 1% ultra rare. And then divided by the respective number of possible outcomes in each category.
    The devil on the other shoulder just cannot believe, that it's just statistics that I could easily breed magic/light hybrids on 1st try, Boo including, but have terrific pity when dealing with fire/magic and fire/water hybrids.
    And as a matter of fact - breeding the diamond dragon could have been done quite easily following some principles with a success of 10/10 people getting him within 9 attempts, mostly on their 5th and 6th try. Dunno, just pure coincidence or maybe not

New Resident
    I think people get way too caught up in the "simple math" aspect of this... it's not simple math at all. A complicated algorithm is used to determine breeding outcomes. Based on feedback on this forum, I would think the algorithm is based purely on what type fo dragons are bread and nothing else. I've watched people breed the same 2 epic dragons 20 times and get 19 commons and 1 rare. On the other hand, you can breed two level 4 dragons and get a diamond on the first try....it's just dumb luck! And since you are able to change the names of the dragons in the game, that certainly cannot be a factor. An algorithm also determines those names, as some dragons of different species will have the same name.

And another thing for those of you who get frustrated with odds and math: If it is really a 1% chance to get an ultra rare dragon, that does not guarantee you will get one if you run the breeding 100 times. You could breed the same pair 495 times unsuccessfully and then get 5 ultra rares in a row.

I'm just trying to say that I don't want people burning out on this game because they may think it is unfair or that "it will never happen for them." For me, I just take the approach that life will take it's course and it's purely luck that I get what I get. HOWEVER, if it does help your confidence to think a specific breeding pair helped you get something, well then run with it!

Farm Supplier
    The results so far for aurora/eagle for anybody interested:

Island
    Mirage
    Poison
    Mirage
    Atlantis
    14hr breed time so either eagle or mist

I would join your experiment but I am not ready to quit this pair yet...

Executive Chef
    A complicated algorithm could never be as simple as what "dragons" are used in breeding, that would make the algorithm simple. The "simple math" is not the issue for most it's the lack of it. People are really not bothered by the fact that someone can get something on there first try and they can't, because everyone has bred at least one rare or super rare on there first try. The issue is why people tend to breed 1 dragon at a higher rate then someone else. 2 people can breed the exact same pair of dragons 20 time and both get 19 commons. The issue is why does one person breed so many of this type of dragon and can't breed another type at all. While another person has the same problem with the same set of dragons just opposite results. In the end i do agree the algorithm is fairly complicated but it can be figured out. There are but so many factors that can effect the outcomes of the breedings. The reality of the whole things is there are 2 types of people. Those who just play the game for its simplicity and those get more out of it by attempting to figure it all out.

I also have to agree i don't want people burning themselves out on a game but people are who they are. Some spend a lot of money, others lose sleep and sum of us just try to figure it all out. It's like taking the Mensa test, it's all in good fun.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Takiofallen View Post
    A complicated algorithm could never be as simple as what "dragons" are used in breeding, that would make the algorithm simple. The "simple math" is not the issue for most it's the lack of it. People are really not bothered by the fact that someone can get something on there first try and they can't, because everyone has bred at least one rare or super rare on there first try. The issue is why people tend to breed 1 dragon at a higher rate then someone else. 2 people can breed the exact same pair of dragons 20 time and both get 19 commons. The issue is why does one person breed so many of this type of dragon and can't breed another type at all. While another person has the same problem with the same set of dragons just opposite results. In the end i do agree the algorithm is fairly complicated but it can be figured out. There are but so many factors that can effect the outcomes of the breedings. The reality of the whole things is there are 2 types of people. Those who just play the game for its simplicity and those get more out of it by attempting to figure it all out.

I also have to agree i don't want people burning themselves out on a game but people are who they are. Some spend a lot of money, others lose sleep and sum of us just try to figure it all out. It's like taking the Mensa test, it's all in good fun.
    You guys are thinking to much about ths, it's a game

Executive Chef
    whats to much thinking for you is not for other people.
    Quote Originally Posted by ubobdgc View Post
    You guys are thinking to much about ths, it's a game

Fashion Designer

Lol Takio. I love your brand!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by summersalt View Post
    Lol Takio. I love your brand!

Rhino Keeper
    That made me laugh!