Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: How to Maximize Profits

bakery story most efficient layout question

Hi guys, I've been looking for the layout that sells the most dishes/hr while staying on screen. I've tried doing some digging but with all the changes I'm not sure what's the most valid now.

So far I've tried Click image for larger version. 

Name:	f4db61b2505bf066a76e6533a7c56202.png 
Views:	188 
Size:	294.5 KB 
ID:	43269

And I only get 3,440 dishes sold per hour (6 minute trial run)

I've also tried this one Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ffbc2386afde10f377f94f38d5f39677.png 
Views:	273 
Size:	530.6 KB 
ID:	43268

And with this I get 3,500 dishes sold per hour (6 minute trial run)

I noticed that these layouts used to give 4,500 dishes per hour a long time ago I don't know if this has since changed. Has anyone reached a higher dishes per hour recently with these or any other layouts?

Thank you

Fashion Designer
    I have the first layout pictured but I have a table/chair added to that layout on two of the open ends. Tested it for about an hour. I sold 3567 dishes.

Fashion Designer
    I finally changed everything and did that aisle type U shaped layout. I thought that was supposed to be most efficient, lol not a big fan, but need the coins. I have different priced dishes in my bakery, how do you figure your number of dishes? Coins divided by 4 ? Really curious to see what the consensus is, as my insomnia is alive and well ;--)Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20180328-201809.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	170.5 KB 
ID:	43290

Fashion Designer
    Also, I thought the max seating was about 30 to 32, something I read a long while ago. I made 1,208 coins in 6 min. My dishes vary in price, so....pffft on a good average. Think next one I try might be number one above. Will keep checking here for a bit.

Thanks all
    DROID PLAYERS EQUALITY!

Fashion Designer
    From what I read, it's best to keep your customers within 5 tiles from the door (excluding the one to sit in the chair). The best and only(?) way to achieve this is to have the feeder pen method. But I like the T-shape layout which is why I keep it over the feeder pen most of the time.

I calculated how many dishes by noting the total count of my dish at X time and then checking the total count again at X+1 hour time. Then I subtracted the latter from the former. This was not too hard for me to do this since I am only serving 2 dishes right now (where one is the current goal and one is Red Velvet Cake).

Fashion Designer
    Thanks for all the info
    DROID PLAYERS EQUALITY!

Hey glad to see replies! I honestly thought there weren't many people on the forums anymore but happy to see there are. Yeah kat8rose to address your question I did the same thing as monstertop but it was easier for me since I usually only have one dish out so I just check how many servings I have at start and then at the end of 6 min or 10 min or 60min and subtract the two to get the difference and turn that into a per hour.

And I think I read something like that too about max seats to have are about 27 but with my new design it doesn't really seem to make a difference even if it is just 24 or even 17 with the first picture above.

I also read about the having the cash register within 5 steps of the door but I think I also read that the customer will pause at register for 7 steps worth of time one way or another so if you have it 5 steps away it will pause for 2 steps worth of time and move to the seat.

Just wish I could output more dishes/hr because I'm currently trying to level with jasmine tea and the cashflow is already negative for me at 9 appliances and I have almost 100k servings now lol

Also @kat I would block off the bottom of the U because customers tend to enter from one door and will walk towards a seat in the second area which would be inefficient cause we want the least amount of steps between door - cash register - seat.

No coins made

I?ve noticed I?m not making any coins in my bakery. I have plenty of food and none of the tables or chairs are blocked.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by lovelylow69 View Post
    I?ve noticed I?m not making any coins in my bakery. I have plenty of food and none of the tables or chairs are blocked.
    My thoughts as a fellow player:

I stopped by your Bakery and from my view, customers are finding their seats, eating, paying and leaving with no issues. I'm wondering why you think you're not earning any coins. Is your total not moving at all, even when you observe the customers paying? If not, is it an issue of the total not moving? If it's the total earnings not moving, it may be due to the fact that you're spending the coins as quickly as you make them when preparing foods, especially if you're cooking for goals.

I would think before any theories can be made on your situation more information would be needed. Such as: how long has this been happening? Is it only when your bakery is closed or when it's open or both? Does it happen even if you're not spending any coins on cooking? Does your total move in the negative when you spend but not in the positive when you earn? Really, as much information as you can share about the issue would help greatly.

Also, uninstalling and reinstalling the app can do wonders on tiny little glitches and bugs like this one. I know it sounds like a computer professional asking if you've switched it on and off, but with s8 apps it really does pay to try the uninstalling. It hurts nothing in your game and if you end up needing to contact s8 support staff about the issue, this will be the first recommended step so might as well try it, I figure.

I?ve reinstalled and it didn?t help. The coins aren?t going up at all. I?m able to make a couple of dishes and that?s it. I can?t seem to get past 5,000 coins. I?m actually stuck with going forward cause I have only been able to do a couple dishes at a time. I come back after an hour and it doesn?t move up in coins. First time it?s ever happened in all the time I?ve played. Even redid my bakery to see if that would help

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast