Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: How to Maximize Profits

Executive Chef
    Sorry, just to totally clear, your coin total is always exactly the same number?

No it?s not always the same it just isn?t going up very high. Within an hour I made maybe 2,000 coins. I took a screenshot of what it was at so I can check in the morning when I get up. I?m not making enough coins to be able to cook more then 2 dishes an hour. This just started maybe 2 days ago

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by lovelylow69 View Post
    No it?s not always the same it just isn?t going up very high. Within an hour I made maybe 2,000 coins. I took a screenshot of what it was at so I can check in the morning when I get up. I?m not making enough coins to be able to cook more then 2 dishes an hour. This just started maybe 2 days ago
    Have you recently changed your layout? If it takes many steps for the bots to get from the door, to the register then to a seat it will take longer for the traffic in and out which in turn makes it so you don't make as many coins. In this case, you might negate this issue if you move a few things around. You'll likely want to experiment and see what floor plan you prefer and what works best for your situation but I do think it might benefit you to look into it further.

I know there are several different threads in both BS and RS forums that discuss this but here is one that I referenced when I was choosing a new layout to try: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...ayout-question

Personally, I never focused on coins before but when I started to save up for those final expensive expansions, I wanted to know I was doing everything possible to maximize my profits. Once I moved my seating to flank the doors, I saw a such a fast turnaround in my profits that I felt foolish for never caring enough to do before. I moved away from the money-centric layout this month to decorate for Halloween and again, it was nearly instantly that I noticed my profits turned sluggish once I moved my seats further from the doors. I only accepted less coins because I love my Halloween decos so much and as soon as the holiday is over, my tables are going straight back to the doors.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018-10-26 18.22.41.jpg 
Views:	1221 
Size:	189.4 KB 
ID:	48296Hiiii I just started playing again yesterday after quitting for almost 2 years!! And i kind of rearranged a lot of my decorations.
    thx for making this thread!!!
    soooo this is the old feeding pens i had from 2 years ago, and i'm hoping to open all three once ive gotten all 24 ovens up baking red velvet cake. do you have any advice? idk how much has changed since i was gone lol

i only play bakery story, add me- kaypoppy

Farm Supplier
    Where is the thread for GroovyRuss design? The link to the thread given for TeamLava doesn't work anymore.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by TinkFaintree View Post
    Where is the thread for GroovyRuss design? The link to the thread given for TeamLava doesn't work anymore.
    https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...ss-My-Results!

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    Thanks. The photos don't show up there anymore though. Does anyone know where I can find lin77 's photo uploads?

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by TinkFaintree View Post
    Thanks. The photos don't show up there anymore though. Does anyone know where I can find lin77 's photo uploads?
    Not off hand. I've read through the thread though and it seems that she was using a variant of GR's design. She had 3 doors, each having 9 tables in a direct line from the door. Five tables on the left side of the door, an empty space for walkway directly from the door, then a cash register directly to the right of the door and four more tables after that with the path blocked after the last two seats to prevent customers from walking beyond the desired 5 step area. You'll also see some players call this the Feeding Pen layout. The overall idea of GRs layout plan was to have many doors with only a few tables at each and cook only high profit foods. At one point GR had like 10 doors with 4 tables per door which is a lot of doors!

I've pasted an ancient link, that I personally used to help me decide on a better layout for profit and in it, Fec lays out a bunch of different ways you can arrange your tables and have better income with pictures still working. I ended up going with a design called "The Narrow T" because it allows me to have the top 5 rows of my bakery cornered off for all my customers while still freeing up the rest of my floor for decorating. This is perfect for me because decorating is my main focus but I still want to make as many coins as feasable.

Just recently I went wild on spending coins and was down to 100,000 which was an all time low. That was about a week ago and now I'm back up in the millions again and I've been spending on cooking and buying for goals throughout. I don't pay close enough attention to know how many coins per minute or hour or even per day I make, I just know that I make enough to play freely and cook whatever I like which keeps me happy. Feel free to stop by my place and check out the table arrangement if you like.

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...without-maths)

Good luck on your research!

P.S. Some of the older links to threads will open as though they're invalid or insecure but if you simply remove the 's' between the http and the : you'll be able to view it nine times out of ten.
    Last edited by AnnirasSweets; 11-11-18 at 07:56 PM.

Farm Supplier
    Thanks for the explanation, Annira! We're neighbours so I'll swing by your place!

The picture of bakery sample only has 18 tables with chairs unless my eyes are wacky?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast