Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: How to Maximize Profits

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by chewytwix View Post
    anketam, do I have to leave my iPod on at all times? I know I'm supposed to be online, but I want to put my ipod on stand-by, if you will, because leaving it on will **** my battery life. I think I'm making 300,000 per day, but it's not worth it if I lose my device...

I want my last two expansions! stuck at 20 million
    I have an android, so for me I have an app called wake lock that prevents the screen from going into standby. I then leave my phone plugged in and let the magic happen.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by anketam View Post
    I have an android, so for me I have an app called wake lock that prevents the screen from going into standby. I then leave my phone plugged in and let the magic happen.
    I have both android and ios. You can change the standby option in your settings somewhere. I also set my brightness to minimum and turn off all other apps to conserve my battery.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by anketam View Post
    After looking at several peoples bakery's upon their requests
    How do you look at a specific bakery if they're not on your neighbor list? I've never seen any place to search for a bakery.

Also, I posted a question about a week ago about leaving my bakery open for the eight days I'll be away at the end of the month. At that time I had 1,173,000 plates of food. I've been cooking three and four hour recipes since as I'm trying to build up gems. I'd like to get rid of some of the surplus food, so I'm wondering how effective your design is? Should I make the change now or will I risk running out of food after being gone for a week?
    Any insight is appreciated.

Rhino Keeper
    I just invite them to be my neighbor. Once a person is on your invite list you can visit them.

As far as your food situation. Assuming max possible online rate which is 1 plate a second or 3600 plates an hour your 1,173,000 plates will last 13.6 days assuming you are not baking anything and you are online for that entire time.

As far as layouts are concern, mine will achieve the max online rate, but it is not the only way (like the multiple door layouts). The quickest way to check if your layout is working is to watch the door(s) that customers are coming in through, if they are constantly coming in without any extended gaps then you are achieving the max through put possible.

As for your current layout you have 43 tables, you can immediately cut that down to 27 since you will never have more customers than that at any one point. Your customers are currently on average taking 30.8 steps from register to table to exit. Which puts your through put at ~1800 plates an hour. If you got rid of the 16 tables that are furthest away your throughput would go up ~2,400 plates an hour. Of course all estimates are rough and should only be used to give an order of magnitude.

Thanks for all of your advice, anketam! I honestly had no idea that the layout of your bakery affected the amount of money you make. Mine must be pretty inefficient. I play constantly throughout the day so I never bake things like Red Velvet Cake since it takes so long. Plus, I think I only have 10 or so appliances. Could you look at the pictures of my bakery and offer any advice? I want to expand but everytime I save up enough coins a holiday update comes out and I spend them all

Thank you in advance for your help!

Jen

Oh and would adding an extra door really help? I do have 10 gems to spare.

Fashion Designer
    I have 6 doors. I have it set up with 5 accessible table and chairs at each door. I get 54 servings a minute. I've read somewhere on here that playing with one door gives maximum of 28 servings a minute.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by beyondjupiter View Post
    Thanks for all of your advice, anketam! I honestly had no idea that the layout of your bakery affected the amount of money you make. Mine must be pretty inefficient. I play constantly throughout the day so I never bake things like Red Velvet Cake since it takes so long. Plus, I think I only have 10 or so appliances. Could you look at the pictures of my bakery and offer any advice? I want to expand but everytime I save up enough coins a holiday update comes out and I spend them all

Thank you in advance for your help!

Jen
    Having just paid a visit to your bakery, you need to add more tables and chairs. You are losing a lot of customers due to them leaving because they have nowhere to sit.

Btw your bakery is very cute! Love the elf costumes etc.

Rhino Keeper
    beyondjupiter, the first thing you should do is unblock your register. You are losing customers as a result of this. If your register was not blocked then it would be 8 steps from the door, this means they would be taking 10 seconds from door to register. So need to move the register closer to the door (normally within 4 steps is a good rule). Secondly your tables need to be the closest thing to the door. Appliances and counters should be moved away. Because of the register being blocked it makes it impossible for me to accurately determine your bakery's current throughput, sorry. You should mix in some red velvet cake if you have too much food, that will help get you more money.

On a side note you have a very beautiful bakery.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by srg70 View Post
    I have 6 doors. I have it set up with 5 accessible table and chairs at each door. I get 54 servings a minute. I've read somewhere on here that playing with one door gives maximum of 28 servings a minute.
    I took a quick look at your bakery, and it looks like you should be getting 60 servings a minute (after a minute of the customers building up in the bakery). At any given time I am only counting 12 customers in your bakery which means you are serving customers faster than they can come in, and therefore have achieved the max possible throughput. As far as single door only getting 28 servings a minute is incorrect, my current layout is single door and it can get the max throughput. The biggest drawback to a single door layout is that there is not much wiggle room with the design, which limits how creative you can get with it.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast