Page 56 of 57 FirstFirst ... 646525354555657 LastLast

Thread: Cobbler Bake-off!

Banned
    We want a brownie bake off tl thsnks

Fashion Designer
    "The only advantage would be having "easy ovens""

Us OCD peeps have a HUGE advantage...

need some advil for the hand cramps tho....

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by lola1190 View Post
    This is what would make it so challenging ... What if your phone starts ringing? What if there's someone at the front door? What if you have to go to the bathroom? What if your hand goes into spasm and you can't tap any more?
    It would be completely hilarious. For me, it would also show me how much priority I give this game. Like if the phone rang ... I know I wouldn't answer it !!! If my mom showed up at my house, I bet I'd try to get her make it a short visit.

I'd also probably try to convince my husband rotate sleeping times with me, so he could to tap/cook the brownies for me while I slept at night and I could cook brownies all day it would be a 24 hour brownie machine ... Just kidding, I would really do that.

He would never do it anyway.... He would just give me "that look" ... like I'm crazy and I play this game too much. Besides, I don't let him touch the iPad when I'm in my Bakery game ... too many gem-traps.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by RoseMeyer View Post
    "The only advantage would be having "easy ovens""

Us OCD peeps have a HUGE advantage...

need some advil for the hand cramps tho....
    I knew my OCD would pay off some day. Only someone with OCD could bake brownies all day. And hand cramps yes, but also .... sounds like a recipe for carpel tunnel (sp?)

But seriously ... I don't know if I'd do a brownie bake off, for one reason

GEM TRAPS ... everyone would be trying to tap so fast... And that's when you accidently "instant cook". Leave it to me to find a "negative". But for real ..l I just don't want everyone to lose their gems.

Fashion Designer
    carpel tunnel

That's Caramel tunnel is this environment.

guess ya gotta bake left handed part of the time.....

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by RoseMeyer View Post
    carpel tunnel

That's Caramel tunnel is this environment.

guess ya gotta bake left handed part of the time.....
    Caramel tunnel...it is weird that that sounds delicious to me?

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnasCoffee View Post
    It would be completely hilarious. For me, it would also show me how much priority I give this game. Like if the phone rang ... I know I wouldn't answer it !!! If my mom showed up at my house, I bet I'd try to get her make it a short visit.

I'd also probably try to convince my husband rotate sleeping times with me, so he could to tap/cook the brownies for me while I slept at night and I could cook brownies all day it would be a 24 hour brownie machine ... Just kidding, I would really do that.

He would never do it anyway.... He would just give me "that look" ... like I'm crazy and I play this game too much. Besides, I don't let him touch the iPad when I'm in my Bakery game ... too many gem-traps.
    I asked my boyfriend once if he would download BS and add me as a neighbour for a goal. He looked at me like I had three heads. I can't imagine him rotating brownie-baking shifts with me. Not that I would trust him in the first place.

Executive Chef
    Lol I'd do a brownie bake off. Don't think I'd stay up at night though but during the day yes. It would have to run on the weekend though lol.

A big congrats to the winners again :-)

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by MHz_ View Post
    Let me just stop you right there. This kind of negativity has no place on these forums. It doesn't contribue to the conversation and only hurts your fellow players, especially those that spent many hours over the weekend this contest ran. Bakery Story is a game where you can play the way you want to. Who are we to judge players that choose to spend their own money and time on a game they enjoy?

Under no circumstances was there anything that was 'fixed'. We put rules in place, they were very simple and open ended on purpose. To say we don't care about other players is just flat wrong. This is the first time we've run a contest like this, so obviously there will be some kinks for us to work out, and some improvements to make. Expect to see those improvements reflected in future contests that we run.

As a side note, I'm a bit saddened to see the amount of overall negativity that is prevalent in this thread after the winners were announced. I'd ask that you all please support your fellow bakers, and be ready for the next contest. It might be coming sooner than you might expect

If you still feel like you aren't being heard for any reason with regards to this contest or any contest of this nature in the future, my PM box is open. If you're not capable of posting constructive criticisms on this thread, then please direct your comments to me via PM, and I'll be happy to address your concerns.

Thanks!
    MHz - glad to have you join the TL team :-)

Rhino Keeper
    I want to apologize! MHZ_ is right. I'm being a poor sport and that's not fair to the winners! I do congragulate the winners. This was the first contest so not everything was perfect. It's like a trial and error type of thing. I hope that future contests will be a bit more thought out so that every player would have the chance to win. And I would like to apologize to the TL staff as well. I see that it upset you guys to see how negative some of us are being right now. I think this was the most fun thing we've had in a while in bakery story, and I thank you guys for coming up with such a great idea to get more players involved!