Page 53 of 57 FirstFirst ... 343495051525354555657 LastLast

Thread: Cobbler Bake-off!

Executive Chef
    .Interesting.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetstuff525 View Post
    yeah thats true.. besides the winners are those that pay tl checks with their purchases.... so its like they got reinbursed in a way
    They choose to make however many purchases they want, though. This was a contest, it's a different story and to look at it as a reimbursement isn't fair at all.

I do think they need to make it more fair straight across the board by making divisions. Then choose one winner for each division. Make divisions according to game level. Like suggested 1-10 11-21, ect to 99. Also they need to put limit on how many stoves can be used. So you don't have the problem of super bakeries being the only winners. Then I think people should not be allowed to speed up cooking with gems. Make it fair straight across the board. Then you really find out who was the best baker in each division and put in that extra bit to win. You would get a lot more people to participate if they feel they have a fair shot. They won't feel defeated before it even starts and give up and not even try. TL needs a boost in customers relations anyway. Running a fair contest would go along way to help their image in many eyes, and may even bring back old customers who have left.If prizes are decent like the 1000 gems, or even something more fantastic like a 1000 gems each month for three months. They could also try 10 first place 20 second place and 30 third place winners with prizes decreasing from 1st to 3rd. Announcing more than two hours before contest would benefit everybody allowing word of mouth to spread more people participating and even maybe new people joining to try game and getting addicted to it like so many of us did. Being that there are the rules as stated above even newer players would have a chance. Contest if fair, are fun so people would stay with game if think its a semi regular fair event. More players, leads to having more players to buy gems, which is ultimately what TL wants. This way everybody wins. Kind of off subject if you lowered prices on food items and the amt of money or gems people had to spend on things you actually probably get more people to buy gems, because they wouldn't feel like they are being ripped off, and may feel its a fair price for things. You just keep raising prices your going to price your self out of the market. The economy is hurting. Buying gems for a game, if gets any worse for a lot of people, like they are predicting, will be one of the first things most will cut. Make it reasonable people may try to spend that 10 or 20 dollars a month on gems, instead of nothing, for cheap entertainment they can do at home. P.S I use to buy gems for BS and rs I don't any longer cause things cost so many gems now a days I don't feel like I am getting a good return on my investment and I always bought on sale but still not enough incentive when it cost 30 to 59 gems to buy new decorations ect.

Farm Supplier
    You know, I knew I'd be up against people that have by far way more stoves than me, but in all seriousness, my complaint falls under losing some sleep which I can only blame myself. Otherwise, I saw this as a fun way to get some leveling up and tips to my neighbors, so I wasn't too much of a loss for me what so ever. Congrats to those who won!

Contrary to this, I constructively suggest (which may have already been mentioned - sorry if this is repetitve):

Better organization and leader-boards as previously suggested would help boost future contest participation and moral at this point. My daughter is not too happy about her 6 oven bakery challenging several 100+ oven bakeries.

I didn't know about this contest until after it started upon opening the app on my phone, so a nice little advanced notif or email could have given everyone a fair start.

Level categorization. It's only fair. You can't expect me to spend crazy money on both my bakery and my daughters bakery versus people with 100+ ovens who are clearly at levels past 80(?). All in one weekend to boot. I ain't rich...lol.

Congrats to the winners...but it is a little unfair that one person on twice. Probably should have had a few rules...Like use only ovens gained from completing levels, no quick baking with gems...sniff sniff...I could never compete against super bakeries.

I meant won

Rhino Keeper
    Lol so who got the biggest piece of cobbler????

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnasCoffee View Post
    Excellent post !

There is no reason to be upset with the winners ... they ALREADY OWNED all those ovens. If I had all those ovens... I would have used them to win too !

And I completely agree that TL could have done a better job in creating a contest that everyone could enjoy. TL knew there were "super-bakeries". They knew what would happen.
    I agree. I say congratulate the winners.

They won And and I'm happy for them and so what if they bought tons of gems before. Just because you buy gems shouldnt mean you dont deserve to win free ones. They have every right to enter contests for free gems just like one's who don't buy gems or seldom buy.

TL do need to make the next one more fair for everyone but overall the concept of the contest was good.

New Resident
    Congratulations to all of the winners who won the Cobbler Bake Off! I had so much fun staying up to make sure I got my last cobblers served each day! I would definitely join in another contest in the future! I do like how a lot of people suggested that there be categories, one winner from levels 1-10, one winner from 11-20, etc.... But, however you make the next contest out to be, I'm sure I will still enjoy joining in. Thanks, team lava!

Rhino Keeper
    Greeeaaat! Now every time I enter my bakery I get the notice of the people who won! Congrats to them.....but dang! Do ya gotta keep smashing it in our faces?! One time is good enough to show the notice.