View Poll Results: Have you ever been the victim of a gold trap?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! So frustrating

742 83.18%
  • No, I'm very careful

64 7.17%
  • No, but I know I will eventually

48 5.38%
  • What's a gold trap?

52 5.83%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 33 of 41 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: New Gold Confirmation

Executive Chef
    Just yesterday and it's the first time in this game. No idea how and only 4 or so gold, (didn't see anything obvious speed up), so not complaining. I don't buy gold, but if I did I'd go to Apple to get my money back. I try to go as slow as I can to avoid these issues. But still every now and again we all get caught out apart from 16% of us apparently.

Addition: I'd be interested to know why this poll is live it seems TL don't respond to these issues, no tell a lie, they do but say nothing can be done.
    Last edited by PurpleScorpion76; 01-26-15 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Addition

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by gracefullyclumsy View Post
    ARGH! I thought I closed all the pop-ups that usually come up when you open the app, but when I went to accept a gift, I apparently bought a dragon that was on sale, without even actually seeing the pop-up. There was just a "congratulations on your Bountiful Dragon!" pop-up or something like that. I'm out at least 600 gold, which sucks because I was saving for the Treasure Dragon. Ugh. Is there anything I can do to get it back?
    Send a support ticket telling them that's what happened. They will refund your gold on a pop up purchase once. Don't make it a habit though, because if it happens again you are out of luck.

Rhino Keeper
    This happened to me when I 1st started playing, I was saving up for my 3rd nest, but when I clicked to expand, it instantly expanded taking most of my gold, To this day I still have not got my 3rd nest! It has happened on 2 other occasions, 1 of them I can not say what happened as I had an epileptic seizure so dropped my tablet, if there was a confirm button I would not have lost gold during this. Oh well, vote & hope!

Banned
    OMG try email support they may be able to do a refund 1 off for you , sorry to hear thoughs

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by mbyte68 View Post
    OMG try email support they may be able to do a refund 1 off for you , sorry to hear thoughs
    It happened a long time ago now, I'm not one to complain, usually just a good rant then move on, lol I never paid out for any gold, these are good reasons not too!

New Resident

Lost gold bars

I posted this as a bug expecting it to be corrected or at least given back my 500 gold bars. I was told there was nothing to be done. That is $20 approximately and I think the group would want to make sure that I continue to give them money. It was a glitch in their system not something that I ordered/spent that caused the bars to disappear. It just seems good public relations and future investment to give the gold bars back. I will not be spending any more cash for this vendor.

I had close to 300 pieces of gold. Updated my game, came back on and it only showed 2 pieces
    Very unhappy
    I have sent an email

Rhino Keeper
    I usually try to be careful but just spent 20 gold on 400,000 coins. I have over 150mil coins. Def did not need that. A confirm popup before buying would definitely help! Have done it a few times with crops and healing spring also, but usually only 2 or 5 gold lost. I vote for confirm button!!!!

Banned
    even with that if game freezes or lags it may auto press that confirm button , better if we had to enter our password for login to confirm whould be the best idea TL

Exclamation Can there be a confirmation screen before spending gold on anything?

It's so disheartening after saving up almost 700 gold to lose 200 of it finishing an expansion because the game is slow and the spend gold button shows up under a spot i just clicked. And support can't help because they don't want to. If a confirmation pop up came up like when you spend money to buy things that would really ease a lot of frustration when trying to save up gold. Losing that 200 gold crushed me, I'm trying to save up for a diamond dragon since they're impossible to get. I just lost a month's progress because the game is slow and there are gold spending buttons covering half the screen. This sorta thing just makes me stop wanting to play the game.