View Poll Results: Have you ever been the victim of a gold trap?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! So frustrating

742 83.18%
  • No, I'm very careful

64 7.17%
  • No, but I know I will eventually

48 5.38%
  • What's a gold trap?

52 5.83%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 30 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Thread: New Gold Confirmation

Executive Chef
    Just misclicked and wasted 9 gold finishing healing of some dragon, totally unnecessary and very clumsy on my behalf since i am well aware of the goldtrapping that is put into system by TeamLava. 9 gold is ofc NOTHING compared to the hundreds or thousands poor souls that lose much greater gold amounts due to the goldtraps, but to me it's still crazy annoying.

And, instead of making me buy new gold to refill (well i've never bought gold at all ofc) it only makes me more determined to not spend any money on Dragon Story, that's a sneaky plan backfiring lol!

Rhino Keeper
    Why are we having so many issues with gold, I lost over 300 ? I already submitted a ticket. I'm also waiting to see if they are going to out gold on sale but now I'm a little weary if I should buy any more since I have already lost a good amount.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ginamarie510 View Post
    Why are we having so many issues with gold, I lost over 300 ? I already submitted a ticket. I'm also waiting to see if they are going to out gold on sale but now I'm a little weary if I should buy any more since I have already lost a good amount.
    Hmm well, i think you're meant to buy more gold when you lose what you had - i think it's part of the plan.....

Rhino Keeper
    Lol..I think you may be correct..Mak

I was directed to this thread to add a conformation button after I spent gold on accident. This thread is 2 years old so I guess no conformation button is ever going to come.

Rhino Keeper
    This thread goes around on every single TL game, heads up, we're not getting a confirmation button

Just a humble and reasonable suggestion.

Dear Teamlava,

I have been a new player to dragonstory and at first sight I already fell in love with this game, I really enjoyed playing it and I love how fast we get updates and many more things.
    But there is one thing still slightly bothering me since I played this game. That thing is that I often find myself unintentionally pressing the speed up buttom for (for example) crops.
    Which lead me to the point asking myself if this could be prevented in some sorts and so I thought that maybe it is a pretty good idea to make a 'are you sure if you want to speed up (or purchase) this with the use of gold' message that pops up whenever you try to wether unintentionally or intentionally speed up or purchase something.
    Perhaps you can put it into the option menu so that people can decide for themselves wether they want to use this or not.

I hope you find this idea/suggestion a good one and I want to apologize if there are any grammatical mistakes.

For the rest I hope you keep up with the good work and have a nice day.

Greetings and thank you in advance,

Vinnie2223

Executive Chef
    Vinnie2223 - welcome to the game, that's a nice first post on forum, and it's a good suggestion you're coming up with too. The only problem is that hundreds of players has said the same thing so many times, and there has been no reply to it and ofc no actual improvement of the situation.....

I've heard that there used to be a confirmation button that helped players not wasting gold, but that button was removed.

Reason for this must be that game management wants us to waste gold so that we go buy more of it, paying with real money ofc. It is indeed quite a nasty thing to do, remove an ingame function that protected players to create a gold trap with the intention to push us into spending money.

It must ofc be said though, that DS is free to download and play but still costs money to develop and maintain, so somehow money must be made on it - selling gold that we can use in game is a good way of doing this, but ofc it would be nicer if profit was high enough from the "ordinary" sales only, without using goldtraps.

I am aware that the game must make money and that the 'gold trap' has a significant influence on that, but they also lose money on it, for example:
    Yesterday I had 150 gold (which I got by using other Teamlava apps) and I was willing to purchase a sack of gold (120 gold) so I could buy another dragon nest, but since I fell into the 'gold trap' I was short 10 gold (150 - 40 = 110, 110 + 120 = 230, 250 - 230 = 20) So now I wont buy the sack of gold (by the use of real money) in this new situation whilst if there wasn`t such thing as a 'gold trap' I would`ve bought the sack of gold.
    I am aware this has no significant influence on the total amount of money they make and that they probably get more money off it by using the 'gold trap', but I just wanted to show that they also lose a little money on it.

Rhino Keeper

Option in Settings: confirm purchase

Suggestion:
    Please introduce an option in general game settings, that you can activate a confirmation screen, that appears, whenever you buy ANYTHING with gold.
    We have so many "unintendet purchase"-issues in this forum and TL is never willed to help.

I guess this might be the only good solution.