View Poll Results: Have you ever been the victim of a gold trap?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! So frustrating

742 83.18%
  • No, I'm very careful

64 7.17%
  • No, but I know I will eventually

48 5.38%
  • What's a gold trap?

52 5.83%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: New Gold Confirmation

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tonguelashing View Post
    Remember you can only send out one request to a neighbor per day. So if you have 20 neighbors and you've sent each one of them a request today, you can't request again until tomorrow.
    Yeah I knew that thanks, the problem I was having was the ask friends button wasn't connecting and it was really annoying.. Also the pressure of hitting the buy it now didn't help lol

i lost gold everytime the game crashes and its happening very frequently now. i'm on ios. i used gold to speed breed speed hatch and boost breed but when the game crashes, my gold amount reduced but my egg remains in the nest ( which i hv used gold to speed hatc), my dragons in the den ( which i have used gold to speed breed) n there were no dragons in the den (when i used 50 gold!!!! to boost breed)! gold gone but job not done. write to support??? i certsinly did! resoonse? i certainly got! it's a sync issue aka their server problem but they can's restore lost items lost gold lost storage lost collectables! refer you to forum for more info. asked to restart my device and DS game app EVERY time i want to play my DS !! every time i want to play i restart my device?!?!?!?!? speechless...... sigh.......
    Last edited by kooky panda; 03-21-13 at 04:45 PM. Reason: typo

Here is my story on losing gold...technically not a gold trap cause my daughter clearly pushed the buy buttons.... But a cautionary tale as it is another way for huge amounts of gold to disappear from your account with a single click....
    Last edited by kooky panda; 03-23-13 at 03:20 PM. Reason: dicussing mod actions-see form rules

Rhino Keeper
    Solution: Add gold confirmation
    Resolution: Here it is how many moons later since OP and provided what solution?
    Status: Gold confirmation - not happening (you place it in the file with resolved customer support tickets about customers unintentionally using gold)
    Personal action: Be careful and never buy gold again
    Last edited by kooky panda; 03-23-13 at 03:17 PM. Reason: discussing mod actions-see forum rules

Fashion Designer
    Another option I don't see mentioned anywhere that could help prevent accidental purchases is allowing us to place gold into storage. That way, we can keep the amount we are planning to use on hand & if we did have an accident, it would be whatever size we were willing to risk. I would only keep 49 gold on hand, so I couldn't purchase ANY dragons!!!

After two recent accidental purchases of mermaid and snowman (pop-up direct-to-buy, you've GOT to be kidding me!!!)
    I'm only EVER going to buy $10 worth of gold at a time. I just can't take it anymore.

Normally I like to purchase things, including gold, to get the best deal, which means spending more, but if it means I'm just going to LOSE it, it's not much of a deal. :-/

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitelove19 View Post

After two recent accidental purchases of mermaid and snowman (pop-up direct-to-buy, you've GOT to be kidding me!!!)
    I'm only EVER going to buy $10 worth of gold at a time. I just can't take it anymore.
    Yeah, this is nuts!! I was going to collect food and up popped the snowman... Thankfully i'm 69 gold short of the needed ammount. I got the message saying "not enough gold!"

This just keeps getting worse...

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by salinho View Post
    Yeah, this is nuts!! I was going to collect food and up popped the snowman... Thankfully i'm 69 gold short of the needed ammount. I got the message saying "not enough gold!"

This just keeps getting worse...
    Lucky you?!?! It is ridiculous, for sure. And as someone else said, TL is definitely COSTING themselves purchases, because they are upsetting their customers & refusing to address the issue in any way that might keep their customers happy.

If you alienate/upset enough of your customer-base there won't be any customers or complaints to worry about. Not the smartest business approach. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink. :-/

Its all on purpose. I'll never buy gold after losing 600 to the snowman popup (that went straight to storage).

Inexcusable and exploitative business practices don't deserve to be rewarded. I've bought plenty of IAP from other companies, but never teamlava because of this very thing.

Spent a year building up that much gold. All gone. The only shocking thing is it took this long to get caught by a big trap instead of the small ones I've been hit by so far.

I'm guessing that this thread is meant purely for griping and venting only cause if you're hoping to use a forum posting to move their hands then you're in for some serious disappointments. I've been playing TL games since Farm Story was first released and have been in their forums since before they required users to login with their Storm8 ID and I've yet to see them officially respond to these Gold/Gem/Whatever postings, let alone make a change to these Gold/Gem/Whatever "traps".

I wouldn't bother turning to Apple's App Store or the Android Market either cause this is entirely out of their hands. As far as they're concerned, we willing purchased the Gold/Gems and beyond that, they could not careless what we did or accidentally did with the purchase. The farthest they'll go is to give us a refund for the purchase of the app and since the TL games are free

Sending emails to TL Support for Gold/Gem refunds, spent as a result of an accidental or ignorant tap, is also a waste of time and resources. They aren't going to give you a refund or restore your Gold/Gems for the simple reasons that 1) It would set a bad precedence and 2) They cannot tell if you really did make an accidental tap or are just regretting your purchase. Why is it a waste on resources? Do you know how much storage space is used to store your email? Not just the original on the email provider of your choice, but the other servers the email has to pass through and the backups of all these servers

This is purely fantasy, but I imagine that each time such emails are received, they get routed to a special "JokeBox" folder where there's probably an app, which randomly picks one or more of these emails and reads them aloud over the PA system a couple of times a day so everyone gets a good laugh. After the daily laugh therapy sessions (laughter is good for the soul after all) they then dive back to work on more serious issues that affect actual game play and designing new updates for us.

Understand that TL isn't the only company out there that design their games in this way; there are many and their numbers grow each day. Posting in their forums about such things that they have obviously spent time strategizing on is always an exercise in futility. If we wanted to move them, the best and only method to use would be to turn to the press and convince them to write a story on how gaming companies are all jumping on this money spinning bandwagon; seriously, I'm pretty sure it would make a great story on the newspapers and may even move some of these companies to more ethical designs.

Oh! In case anyone thinks that I'm just one of those lucky or careful ones that have never been burnt, I'll clarify to let you know that I have this wonderful Super Dragon in one of my habitats that I really didn't intend to buy

When Left and Right Heart Dragons first came out I spent a total of 250 gold bars to speed up the breeding but never got them. After 1 day guess what? It turned out to be a "glitch" and I got both of them on the 1st try afterwards!!