View Poll Results: Have you ever been the victim of a gold trap?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! So frustrating

742 83.18%
  • No, I'm very careful

64 7.17%
  • No, but I know I will eventually

48 5.38%
  • What's a gold trap?

52 5.83%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: New Gold Confirmation

Farm Supplier
    Makes me upset and frustrated when it happens. Games are supposed to make you smile, not unhappy. If they would make many things that cost small amounts of gold, people would spend more. Instead of HUGE things that cost SO much. Then they wouldn't need gold traps.

Executive Chef
    actually there is but u have to use it really fast. disconnect the internet or close the app. altho it won't undo the actions that buy the stuff immediately ( like special boxes.. but there aren' t any in DS??)

Executive Chef
    i mean undo feature

Banned
    It finally happened to me. Was expanding, and had 28/64 maps. Went to tap the 'ask friends' button and hit buy with gold button instead, lost 360 gold :-(

A simple confirmation dialog for purchasing things for gold in the game is all that is needed. "You are buying ..... for xxx gold. Cancel or Confirm" that's it, an opportunity for no more "oops"

Banned
    Alternatively, put the "buy" button FURTHER AWAY from the other options if there is one like in the expand dialog where you have to ask for maps. But still a confirmation dialog is all that is required in every instance.

Banned
    Further thought, maybe only use a confirmation dialog for anything over 50 gold. Otherwise speeding breeding, hatching, evolving, can be a pain for the players. Most amount of gold to speed dragon breeding up is 44 currently so a 50 gold requirement before throwing in a confirmation dialog is reasonable.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by tonguelashing View Post
    It finally happened to me. Was expanding, and had 28/64 maps. Went to tap the 'ask friends' button and hit buy with gold button instead, lost 360 gold :-(

A simple confirmation dialog for purchasing things for gold in the game is all that is needed. "You are buying ..... for xxx gold. Cancel or Confirm" that's it, an opportunity for no more "oops"
    Ouch. *hugs*

Indeed it is too easy to spend gold. But they keep ignoring our pleas.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by salinho View Post
    Ouch. *hugs*

Indeed it is too easy to spend gold. But they keep ignoring our pleas.
    Yeah, kinda sucks, but I know there is nothing that can be done about it and I kinda get "why" TL doesn't refund gold. I'm not happy about it, but in the grand scheme of things, this is a minor issue.

I do hope they make some sort of "are you sure" dialog for the accident prone among us :-)

Do you have the right to say where your money goes on this game if you click something by accident ? Do you see what this topic is galled "Gold Traps" ? Im sorry but if they are using traps in the game this is done intentional to make us spend gold or gems so that we can go buy some more to feed them money. Hence we do not get the right to say where our money goes because we are being trapped into spending it against our knowledge ... forgive me if im wrong but the posts above me must be wrong and your the right one ?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by UberS****z View Post
    Do you have the right to say where your money goes on this game if you click something by accident ? Do you see what this topic is galled "Gold Traps" ? Im sorry but if they are using traps in the game this is done intentional to make us spend gold or gems so that we can go buy some more to feed them money. Hence we do not get the right to say where our money goes because we are being trapped into spending it against our knowledge ... forgive me if im wrong but the posts above me must be wrong and your the right one ?
    You're implying intent, and that is just not provable.

You have to remember that this game is designed for a phone (they should really do a version geared towards tablets/iPads, but not done yet) which means screen real estate is at a bit of a premium. You can only do so much in that space, so sometimes, you get issues with 'fat fingers' or just plain too quick at something and hit it wrong.

I just did it myself for the very first time, on my tablet no less (the stretched screen makes things a little bit bigger). Accidentally bought 36 maps when trying to request from friends instead. It happens. Oh well. Not a lot I can do about. The administrative nightmare to refund gold and items bought with gold is huge, you have no idea. I've been a programmer, I DO know.

Am I happy about it...Nope. Do I think it can be avoided in the future moving forward...Yes.

it's tricky to get a User Interface to work well in a small area (phone) but to say it's intentional is a bit irrational.

Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast