View Poll Results: Have you ever been the victim of a gold trap?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! So frustrating

742 83.18%
  • No, I'm very careful

64 7.17%
  • No, but I know I will eventually

48 5.38%
  • What's a gold trap?

52 5.83%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 31 of 41 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: New Gold Confirmation

Executive Chef
    That's a horrible signature you have. Shame on you.

Rhino Keeper
    changed it just for you

Executive Chef
    I've heard that there used to be a confirmation function for use of gold in the early days of DS, but it was taken away - i guess profit is better without one
    Signature hmm...if i actually get this working i's just like to say that Cheez Dooodles and Coca Cola is good for you, perhaps not very good, but still! And, not accepting any more random neighbor requests, say something first, plz! Have a great day!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by SaTy22 View Post
    changed it just for you

Aw! Thank you! Very much!

New Resident

Butt Spending (instead of butt dialing)

Is there anything there anything that can be done if you accidentally spend your gold? I had finally managed to save 100 gold, put my phone in my pocket and when I pulled it back out I had purchased 2mil in coins. This has happened to me more times then I can count and is so frustrating. I can't EVER save for anything worth buying. How about putting a confirm button when spending gold so it's not unintentionally used to buy unneeded coins, unwanted food, or to speed up 30 second crops because the game switched you to a farm that had already been planted instead of the empty farm your trying to plant on.

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XmasDog View Post
    Is there anything there anything that can be done if you accidentally spend your gold? I had finally managed to save 100 gold, put my phone in my pocket and when I pulled it back out I had purchased 2mil in coins. This has happened to me more times then I can count and is so frustrating. I can't EVER save for anything worth buying. How about putting a confirm button when spending gold so it's not unintentionally used to buy unneeded coins, unwanted food, or to speed up 30 second crops because the game switched you to a farm that had already been planted instead of the empty farm your trying to plant on.
    Please email support@teamlava.com if you have questions about your Gold.

Thanks team lava

After all the bad posts about this issue which I agree with, I just wanted to say that I accidentally touched the food indicator at the top of the screen whilst collecting coins too fast and before I could stop had converted 1000 gold out of my 1062 to a 'mountain of food', 260000!! This gold had taken nearly 2 years to collect, none of it bought with real money so I was more than a little cross with myself. Within a day they changed it back for me with an understandable proviso that this was a one off. Just wanted to say that they probably will never change their policy but they do listen. Thanks TL.

Banned

Please add a confirm button for using gold! and other suggestions....

I have lost a good amount of gold due to apparently accidentally touching the "speed up" gold button on farms. It's happened zooming in on the screen and its really irritating when you are doing a food run on short time period food and you touch a farm, the icon switches from gold speed up to collect and you still get docked a gold.

What's particularly bad is when it happens on food that takes less than a minute to create. This is really bad design (depending on your vantage point I guess) and really isn't fair to players. I think there should definitely be a confirm button on using gold. It takes too long to acquire to have "accidents" happen that take it away. I am usually very careful due to it happening so often when I first started playing but it really is almost so unavoidable that it's going to happen to you over time. I've read horror stories on other forums about dragons accidentally getting bought with gold as well. I really feel sorry for those people losing 500+ gold at a time.

A couple other suggestions I've seen I agree with:

- Select all button on requesting resources (maps, lotus) from neighbors
    - Increasing the island/habitat space so that people can collect all of the dragons and have them placed in a habitat
    - Adding the ability to acquire a second evolution temple.
    - Make it realistic for acquiring the Treasure dragons (some would say make it easier to acquire Diamond dragons )
    - I think it should be a bit easier to beat the battle arena tournaments. I finally did it but had to use a bunch of gold.
    - Integrate the Arctic dragons into the game more. Would be cool to see them usable in battle arena or cross-breedable with the regular island dragons. They are the hardest dragons to beat currently on battle arena in my experience.
    - Make the expired dragons available more often. In these collection games, players want a realistic shot at acquiring what they want to get. Getting something in any game shouldn't take years (potentially).

If you give players realistic shots at obtaining things, I guarantee there would be more players and better player retention. I am sure people would be more apt to spend money too if they feel like they aren't being led to the slaughter for $$$ or treated unfairly.

New Resident
    I have done exactly that as wel, l I also have accepted gold gifted to me and never was given credit. So after 4 emails to TL was asked to review the gifting rules, they added a link to the gold gifting rules, also when the game freezes and all of a sudden 2_4 gems vanish and all you are told is You spent those gems for in game services. Most frustrating was they said next time send a picture of the gifted gold or my balance before and after I accept however this isn't possible unless I pic everyday since I never know if it will work or not.
    Last edited by jayhatty; 12-04-14 at 03:07 AM.

Farm Supplier
    Second time i got hit by gold trap, and last time

1st time TL reveresed a 300 gold buy dragon that I already had.

2nd time i bought food for 1000g worth, TL policy i got one chance. My complaint is the button to buy 1000 gold worth of food covers 40% of the screen, forget that TL refuses to implement a gold confirmation button. Told them polietly i have stoped playing Dragon story. So good bye to all.