Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Null pointer exception

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by cartoc6 View Post
    I haven't received the Droid upgrade. This Thanksgiving version is not any better. I can get in, but I can't visit neighbors (force close), and everything is extremely slow. I did move it to my SD card, and I started clearing the cache, but it's still force closing. This force close error is saying out of memory, which I know I'm not. Are you having any issues with the Thanksgiving version?
    I can't tip either because the tables either don't load or take a very long time to load. I made sure all my neighbors on my Droid game were aware that I wouldn't be able to tip them. Earlier when I was doing the goal to go to 20 community members, I had to close out the game after going to 3 of them because the game would lag and the background would turn black. I'd clear the cache of 20+ mb then go back in and start all over again.

I can play with no problem if I just clear my appliances and put more food on, but to tip neighbors, nope I can't do it. It isn't just RS either, I can't LIKE in Fashion or Water in Farm as the racks/counters/plots/trees don't load and I just see floating water drops or floating thumbs.

Try playing tomorrow, all day, without attempting to go to your neighbors to tip and see if the game force closes on you. Also, make sure you have all non-critical apps stopped before playing.

Grand Emperor
    I've gotten the null pointer exception on several occasions. If you get a gift or request for something that's not in your game, you can get this exception. Got it a lot when iOS got something released to them that Android didn't. There were other times but I can't remember what was going on.

I am also getting this message. Been trying to get into the game for over a day now. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling, moving to SD card, using task ****er. My device is the DROIDX. Started to do this right after I finished with making some food. Was unable to open window to make new food, then could not open at all. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by MSnadesico View Post
    I am also getting this message. Been trying to get into the game for over a day now. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling, moving to SD card, using task ****er. My device is the DROIDX. Started to do this right after I finished with making some food. Was unable to open window to make new food, then could not open at all. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    You installed the new RS Thanksgiving version from the Google Play Store right? If so, you've done everything that we've always been told should work so those on Droid X may have to email support@teamlava.com as there may be compatibility issues with this version and your devices.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by queentina3 View Post
    You installed the new RS Thanksgiving version from the Google Play Store right? If so, you've done everything that we've always been told should work so those on Droid X may have to email support@teamlava.com as there may be compatibility issues with this version and your devices.
    I think you are right about the compatibility issue. This Thanksgiving version is not working for me at all. I can't visit neighbors, force closes, freezes, and at one point I just had a black screen. I'm still having the null pointer exception issue with the original version of the game, and the Team Lava support team hasn't responded yet to my email...I hope they do soon. This is very frustrating and disappointing.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by cartoc6 View Post
    I think you are right about the compatibility issue. This Thanksgiving version is not working for me at all. I can't visit neighbors, force closes, freezes, and at one point I just had a black screen. I'm still having the null pointer exception issue with the original version of the game, and the Team Lava support team hasn't responded yet to my email...I hope they do soon. This is very frustrating and disappointing.
    I get the black screen after I visit about 3 neighbors/community people, so I don't bother. If I just go into the game and put/take off recipes from the appliances, decorate, or gift, it works fine. I do have to clear the cache before going in though, otherwise it lags and the clones look like they are walking through molasses to get to the hostess table. LOL

Has this issue been resolved? Can you post a screen shot of any error message you have received when the app force closes? Thanks!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenTurtle View Post
    Has this issue been resolved? Can you post a screen shot of any error message you have received when the app force closes? Thanks!
    Not yet. I have a ticket with support@teamlava. I hope they can resolve this. I haven't been able to get into my restaurant for a week.

Thanks for the follow-up. In your ticket with Support, please include any screen shots of error messages you have received. This will help our Team investigate the cause of this issue.

Still having the problems. Don't know how to do a screenshot of the error message. I see the error message when it asks if I want to preview the error before I send it in. Been playing this game for months, and the problems have only been occurring for a little over a week now.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast