Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can we Get some Breeding Basics?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by uevenliftbro View Post
    2 years would make the results far too inaccurate, testing would have to be at least 5 years. minimum.
    Two years is probably longer than the game will be around, it all depends on how well they appeal to the customers

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Takiofallen View Post
    OK TL i get the fact that there is a secret to the breeding in this game. There is a formula that decides how we get what we get, but can we get a basic idea on how breeding works. We are lead to believe that only 2 elements are chosen when breeding and from that we have a chance of get a particular result. This explains why when mixing 3 elements( lets use forest as the pure and magic/fire as the hybrid) we can end up with only they hybrid elements being used. If were were to place forest/magic and fire in a bag and picked 2 out at random we could pull out the magic/fire and breed from there.

OK fine that makes perfect sense. Now with using 4 elements again it works the same way except when breeding diamond it's like the 4 different elements that are in a bag all get pulled out which the result is diamond. OK, fine there but here is where you COMPLETELY loose me.

Lets say i deiced to use 2 hybrids of the same element. Lets go with a Familiar and a poison. So we take the elements and put them in the bag and pick them out at random. Now i should be able to pull out 2 forest elements to breed with because there are 2 there and it's random. If this is a case why when mixing we never can get a pure forest dragon or a pure magic? This tells me that the way we are lead to believe that breeding works is not the way it works....... So again i just want a basic guide line for breeding. When a magic element is put in the bag does it split in to a fire/water? Does it remain one element. How does a Diamond element breakdown?

Again i know there is a method to the madness. I don't want the madness i just want the basics.
    In my experience with games, wikis always have correct and up to date information.
    Magic and Magic makes Magic. Once fire and water are combined, it then becomes a single element. Magic should be treated like a forest or fire or water.

Breeding hybrids, with the exception of a Diamond, will never result in any single color dragon. I think this is done because if you are breeding a hybrid, team lava probably assumed you didn't want more single color dragons. This way there are less dragons you could possibly get, making the desired result more likely. For example, by breeding a Poison and a Poison, you can get another poison, a familiar, or zombie or witch (during the LE period, of course). But if you could also get forest or magic as well, you would have six dragon possibilities instead of 4 (or two when out of the LE period). That means when the LE are gone, there would only be two dragons you could get.

Diamonds are different. The breeding is specifically set to make it difficult. If you are lucky enough to even get a Diamond in the first place, they want to give you a break. Breeding a diamond with another single color can result only in a hybrid, or the single color. But they don't want it to be too easy, breeding diamond with a hybrid gives you all the colors possible with the patent hybrid as well. For example, a diamond and a parakeet dragon can result in a fruitful, a fairy, a parakeet, a gold, or a quetzal. But that makes sense since diamond breeding is a high chance of the non-diamond parent colors and a rare chance of a both-parent hybrid.

But if you happen to get two diamonds together, they don't want your job to be too easy. By the other rules, that could only result in a diamond. Therefore when two diamonds are involved, the rules change. Then the resuls can be either one of the six base color dragons, or a purebred diamond. By breaking down the diamond in this situation, they keep its ulta rare quality. I they didn't, anyone who happened to breed or buy two diamonds can make a whole island filled with them in a couple weeks.
    Last edited by kooky panda; 11-10-12 at 08:50 AM. Reason: remove third party reference link

Executive Chef
    I know all of this but again simply because thats how the breeding works in the game but again if this is exactly how it is then T should have no problem making an official announcement about it. Just Have Pony state "the wiki calculator is 100% accurate." And there has been a recent incident where someone had a magic element break downhttps://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?39421-wierd-breed.....15hrs So that throws everything out the wind if the poster didn't make a mistake. Again it all comes down to the official word
    Quote Originally Posted by EyesOfIsis View Post
    In my experience with games, wikis always have correct and up to date information.
    Magic and Magic makes Magic. Once fire and water are combined, it then becomes a single element. Magic should be treated like a forest or fire or water.

Breeding hybrids, with the exception of a Diamond, will never result in any single color dragon. I think this is done because if you are breeding a hybrid, team lava probably assumed you didn't want more single color dragons. This way there are less dragons you could possibly get, making the desired result more likely. For example, by breeding a Poison and a Poison, you can get another poison, a familiar, or zombie or witch (during the LE period, of course). But if you could also get forest or magic as well, you would have six dragon possibilities instead of 4 (or two when out of the LE period). That means when the LE are gone, there would only be two dragons you could get.

Diamonds are different. The breeding is specifically set to make it difficult. If you are lucky enough to even get a Diamond in the first place, they want to give you a break. Breeding a diamond with another single color can result only in a hybrid, or the single color. But they don't want it to be too easy, breeding diamond with a hybrid gives you all the colors possible with the patent hybrid as well. For example, a diamond and a parakeet dragon can result in a fruitful, a fairy, a parakeet, a gold, or a quetzal. But that makes sense since diamond breeding is a high chance of the non-diamond parent colors and a rare chance of a both-parent hybrid.

But if you happen to get two diamonds together, they don't want your job to be too easy. By the other rules, that could only result in a diamond. Therefore when two diamonds are involved, the rules change. Then the resuls can be either one of the six base color dragons, or a purebred diamond. By breaking down the diamond in this situation, they keep its ulta rare quality. I they didn't, anyone who happened to breed or buy two diamonds can make a whole island filled with them in a couple weeks.

Executive Chef
    wow i need an edit button

Banned
    Hmmmmm not a single mod or TL staff comment and i know they have read this thread. Means 2 things
    1. They have no intention of give us the basic.
    2. They just don't care. The breeding follows a pattern that has no logical basic to it. We are MISS LEAD to believe things work in a way that it does not. It was ok to get word that names meant nothing but it did't help anyone breed better and it just cleaned up the forum from miscellaneous threads. I didn't know deception could be part of this game but you lean.
    Sorry I didn't reply! I asked pony roar to read this but she wasn't a mod, shes more like a volunteer is what I figures out. I was infused about mods and volunteers. Anyways, I think she asked one of the mods to look at it. I'm not so sure tho

Rhino Keeper
    I know all of this but again simply because thats how the breeding works in the game but again if this is exactly how it is then T should have no problem making an official announcement about it. Just Have Pony state "the wiki calculator is 100% accurate." And there has been a recent incident where someone had a magic element break downhttps://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?39421-wierd-breed.....15hrs So that throws everything out the wind if the poster didn't make a mistake. Again it all comes down to the official word
    I've seen that thread before and I'm anxious to see what results. It might have been a glitch or a mistake on the poster'sart. We will have to see.

Well do the mods get some sort of secret information from the people who made the breeding formula? I've only ever seen kooky panda modding this place and I guess mods are just upgraded users according to the FAQ. So unless they were told some super amazing secret their not allowed to share, how is anyone supposed to announce anything? Are the people who actually know the answer silently watching the forum and not answering?

Rhino Keeper
    I've seen that thread before and I'm anxious to see what results. It might have been a glitch or a mistake on the poster'sart. We will have to see.

Well do the mods get some sort of secret information from the people who made the breeding formula? I've only ever seen kooky panda modding this place and I guess mods are just upgraded users according to the FAQ. So unless they were told some super amazing secret their not allowed to share, how is anyone supposed to announce anything? Are the people who actually know the answer silently watching the forum and not answering?
    Poster's part* I do not know what is wrong with my iPad's autocorrect. -_-

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PDAGuppies View Post
    Sorry I didn't reply! I asked pony roar to read this but she wasn't a mod, shes more like a volunteer is what I figures out. I was infused about mods and volunteers. Anyways, I think she asked one of the mods to look at it. I'm not so sure tho
    Pony roar is tl staff employee she gets paid
    Unlike mods like kooky and greygull don't get paid they are mod volunteers

Executive Chef
    Well the mods do help out by giving there free time. I was lead to believe that mods get information we don't because they have stated on many different occasion that Names. breeding order and gamer level and dragon level don't matter. In order that state this as fact you must know something. PonyRoar is a TL staff member and Official Confirmed that Names have no affect on breeding. The name thing was really big at one point until Pony cleared it up.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast