Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Strategies

Thank you so much for the quick answer! That's interesting...since I have you, may I ask if you have a strategy for gifting? I only have a few neighbors, but for those with many- I have to wonder how one rotates or whatever to gift. (Up til right now, I was just clicking along, which is alphabetical...). Should I just keep track and try to rotate through, I wonder. Or do other wait to return a gift once one is received? I wish I could send everyone a little something. Hmm.

New Resident
    Not sure where best to post this, but hopefully it's appropriate for this thread:

I'm level 25 and about 18 lemons away from finishing the cooking caravan. Then after that, I'm done.
    No more quests to do. No option to expand to the sparkling stone nest thingy in the north east. No quest requirement to expand to the gate on the bottom right. Nothing new to build. No buildings to unlock.
    So, where do I go from here? Without quests, the game is pretty boring.
    Do I just pump out lanterns and hope that I will eventually be allowed to expand to the nest? Do I expand the 6 or 7 tiles to the gate with the hope that something will happen when I reach it?

Thanks!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by mattscorner View Post
    Thank you so much for the quick answer! That's interesting...since I have you, may I ask if you have a strategy for gifting? I only have a few neighbors, but for those with many- I have to wonder how one rotates or whatever to gift. (Up til right now, I was just clicking along, which is alphabetical...). Should I just keep track and try to rotate through, I wonder. Or do other wait to return a gift once one is received? I wish I could send everyone a little something. Hmm.
    I just choose my gift from the oldest received on the news page.... It basically turns out to returning gifts to those that have gifted me

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by maia07 View Post
    Not sure where best to post this, but hopefully it's appropriate for this thread:

I'm level 25 and about 18 lemons away from finishing the cooking caravan. Then after that, I'm done.
    No more quests to do. No option to expand to the sparkling stone nest thingy in the north east. No quest requirement to expand to the gate on the bottom right. Nothing new to build. No buildings to unlock.
    So, where do I go from here? Without quests, the game is pretty boring.
    Do I just pump out lanterns and hope that I will eventually be allowed to expand to the nest? Do I expand the 6 or 7 tiles to the gate with the hope that something will happen when I reach it?

Thanks!
    There is apparently an update 'nearly' ready...... I have expanded to the gate (I am actually 2 spaces away from being fully expanded..... I will also start stockpiling lanterns so that I am ready to expand after the new quests/areas come

I am continuing to do adventures, stocking up on feasts and cooked food items and also stockpiling enchanters essence, glues etc

New Resident
    Quote Originally Posted by midnightmeerkat View Post
    There is apparently an update 'nearly' ready...... I have expanded to the gate (I am actually 2 spaces away from being fully expanded..... I will also start stockpiling lanterns so that I am ready to expand after the new quests/areas come

I am continuing to do adventures, stocking up on feasts and cooked food items and also stockpiling enchanters essence, glues etc
    Mind if I add you as a neighbor? I'd love to check out your kingdom.

Also, I'm blocked from expanding more than one spot to the gate. Do you have to clear out the whole rightmost edge?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by maia07 View Post
    Mind if I add you as a neighbor? I'd love to check out your kingdom.

Also, I'm blocked from expanding more than one spot to the gate. Do you have to clear out the whole rightmost edge?
    Sure I accept all new neighbours. My main game is snowyhillz (ipad). And midnightmeerkat

Yes, you have to clear some space on the right hand side first before you can approach the gate

Executive Chef
    My gifting system is that i choose 3 players that i know for sure they will give me back. we've been sending gifts to eachother since i started playing. Sometimes a new player or a new neighbor send me a gift. Usually they stop after few days because i dont give back. But when they keep sending me for a week,I feel kind of guilty that i cant give back so i write on their wall and tell them to stop =.= latterly a neighbor of mine keep sending me gift eventhough i asked him/her not to. Dunno what else to do now

ok. it just is what is re: gifting. thanks for sharing your techniques and experiences, i appreciate the insight.

Hi, I hope it's ok to tack questions onto this thread instead of creating a new one. I'm a new player within the last couple of weeks, and have a couple of questions:
    - So far I've not spent any gems. What do you all suggest saving them for?
    - What buildings are worth upgrading in the early game? I'm assuming the mine and sawmill...
    - What is a good order for expansion? So far I've expanded to Ivy, and am considering the magic garden next. But what about the shivering guy?

Thanks for any input!
    Caius76

Executive Chef
    1. I'm not sure about spending gems. You know , you can get every gems items from adventure. I'd use it to buy lanterns to expand but im dont recommend that. You can buy an apple tree so you can get the golden apple easier....
    2. Yes , mine and sawmill . But if you just started playing , i suggest you should look through all coming quests ( theres a thread about it ) and see what materials will be needed because the upgrade for mine and sawmill takes lots of materials and im not sure if its worth it to upgrade for new players
    3.Man, what was the correct order ? Ivy-The tablet-magic garden- thurston(pantless guy)-troll pit?. I guess so.
    Good luck !

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast