Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Strategies

Nightclub Owner
    Monsters

There are four main Monsters at the moment. They can appear whenever you do actions within your kingdom. I have outlined some basic information about each.

Skunkupines

Skunkupines are the first Monsters that you will encounter. You will need a Wooden Sword (from the Workshop) to defeat them. They have 3 health and can drop Rat Tails, Fur and Creep Teeth. They tend to appear when you are harvesting crops or tending plants. They really like corn, wheat and sugar.

Fangbeast
    You will need a Meat Cleaver (from the Kitchen) to defeat these. They have 5 health and can drop Bones, Creep Teeth and Fur. They tend to appear around Farmhouses, Animal Buildings and when collecting from animals.

Glimmer Troll
    These will only appear after you are level 15 and have crafted the Enchanted Sword. They have 7 health and can drop Troll Essence, Troll Horns, Glimmerdust, Mysterious Venom and Bones. They tend to appear around coin buildings, resource buildings (not really animal ones) and mushrooms.

Lovecupines
    These are only triggered when collecting from valentine animals, plants and buildings. They drop rat tails and pink fur.

Troll King
    This is a one time only monster that appears when you expand to the Troll King's Lair (see the guides from the first post for more information). He has 99 health. He drops Jewels, Troll Essence, Troll Horns and money from time to time when you attack him. When you defeat him he also drops Spicy Feast and Big Ruby.

Fighting Monsters

When monsters appear you will notice a grey cloud around them. This is their area of influence. You will not be able to interact with any object that appears in this cloud.

To fight monsters you need to tap on them. The first tap will show their health (eg 3/3) and bring up three sword swing options at the bottom. Click on a sword swing to use it. Usually this will reduce their health by 1. Sometimes you will be lucky and take 2 from their health. When their health reaches 0 they will disappear from your kingdom.

Each sword swing that you do takes 1 energy. There is also a chance that you will get some energy back for each hit you do. At the end of the fight you will also get back some energy. If you have been very lucky you will end up with more energy than you used to fight the monster.

Tips

If you are getting sick of monsters appearing around your kingdom you can set a trap. Choose an area that is away from most of your items. Have something like a well, a few crops or animals, or a farmhouse there. If you get a monster when collecting from there do not fight the monster. As long as you have 1 monster in your kingdom no more can appear. Use this strategy with caution as you need monster drops for different recipes and some quests are only triggered by certain monsters (eg after Thurston is dressed you need to see a skunkupine).

If a monster appears and it looks like they might be in an area where you have not expanded there are a few things you can try. First zoom in as close as you can and keep tapping on the monster. You might be able to get some tips in. If that doesn't work force close your game (shut it down so it's not running in the background) and then restart. When you go back into your game the monster should be gone. If that doesn't work try deleting and reinstalling. Your final option is to email support@teamlava.com with your ID, game and what the issue is.
    Last edited by maguar; 05-25-13 at 08:49 PM. Reason: Updated information

does anyone know if i would refuse a gift what happens? will they be able to send someone who needs it something they ask for?

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by isabella_sophie View Post
    does anyone know if i would refuse a gift what happens? will they be able to send someone who needs it something they ask for?
    Really not sure on this one as I haven't heard of anyone refusing a gift. If you do find out please let us know.

Hi guys,

Love the game and I have a question about getting the enchanted sword. Were can I craft it? I'm level 20 and never seen a troll. Do I need to seek Thurston first?

Sookie

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by sookie1976 View Post
    Hi guys,

Love the game and I have a question about getting the enchanted sword. Were can I craft it? I'm level 20 and never seen a troll. Do I need to seek Thurston first?

Sookie
    Yes , you do need to expand to Thurston first. Then the quest will pop up.

I have enough to expand out again, and I'm debating where to go. I've read enough about the Magic Garden, but the other option I'm considering is the spot just beyond that- are those the Dark Caves? Either way, on an opinion basis from whoever;

Which is more worth it? The Magic Garden, or the location just past it? I have enough gold and just about enough Lanterns to go either way. Though it will take me two expansions to get to the cavey looking area.

My other question is- the Magic Garden shows up partially in the tip of the area I can expand to. Will expanding there unlock the garden, or is it not enough, and I'll have to expand again to uncover more area of the garden before it becomes unlocked?

P.S~ I already have the tablet unlocked.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayachii View Post
    I have enough to expand out again, and I'm debating where to go. I've read enough about the Magic Garden, but the other option I'm considering is the spot just beyond that- are those the Dark Caves? Either way, on an opinion basis from whoever;

Which is more worth it? The Magic Garden, or the location just past it? I have enough gold and just about enough Lanterns to go either way. Though it will take me two expansions to get to the cavey looking area.

My other question is- the Magic Garden shows up partially in the tip of the area I can expand to. Will expanding there unlock the garden, or is it not enough, and I'll have to expand again to uncover more area of the garden before it becomes unlocked?

P.S~ I already have the tablet unlocked.
    Unless you're at the end of the Thurston quest line you won't be able to expand to the pit yet.

With the magic garden you need to expand to where the main bit of the base is not the tip of the rainbow.

Quote Originally Posted by maguar View Post
    Really not sure on this one as I haven't heard of anyone refusing a gift. If you do find out please let us know.
    I often refuse gifts that I can't send back, because of the limit of 3 gifts sent. I do that in order to the player can send another gift to another player. The result is that today a neighboor has deleting me, very angry ��

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by WendyCroy View Post
    I often refuse gifts that I can't send back, because of the limit of 3 gifts sent. I do that in order to the player can send another gift to another player. The result is that today a neighboor has deleting me, very angry ��
    Pretty certain there is no notification telling the other person that you have declined a gift. If they've deleted you and are angry about something be glad that you're not neighbours anymore. There are plenty of great people to be neighbours with.

Ah, good to know! I'm going to pass on Thurston for now then, and go for the Magic Garden.
    Thanks for the help!! I always enjoy reading your posts, maguar. Supremely helpful!

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast