Thread: Doorways between rooms keep disappearing

Rhino Keeper

Doorways between rooms keep disappearing

I've had this happen before between other rooms, currently it's happening with my stylish hall. There should be two doorways at the end of the hall going into two different rooms. But usually when I leave the game and come back, the doorways close up. I have to pick the room up and set it back down in order to make the doorways come back, but then they are gone again the next time I log in. I'm playing Halloween Edition currently, but this was happening in the latest regular edition as well. I am on an iPhone 3GS.

Here's how it's supposed to look:

But here's what keeps happening:

The Honorable Panda
    I report this over.
    Thanks for the screenshots!
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Thanks for reporting the issue. I was able to repro this and will pass it on to our engineers.

Executive Chef
    I am not sure but my rooms have been doing funny things lately with things vanishing

Quote Originally Posted by ginerp View Post
    I've had this happen before between other rooms, currently it's happening with my stylish hall. There should be two doorways at the end of the hall going into two different rooms. But usually when I leave the game and come back, the doorways close up. I have to pick the room up and set it back down in order to make the doorways come back, but then they are gone again the next time I log in. I'm playing Halloween Edition currently, but this was happening in the latest regular edition as well. I am on an iPhone 3GS.

Here's how it's supposed to look:

But here's what keeps happening:

You said you tried replacing the room, can you try moving the room to a completely new place on your map, then force close the game and then re open it again and move it back to the position it is in now? I think this may fix the issue. If it still does not, please let me know.

Rhino Keeper
    Thanks for looking into this. I think the issue is fixed - I didn't have to move the room per the above instructions, but my doorways are staying put now. I'll post if it happens again. Thanks!

New Resident
    I'm having the same issue with my Kitchen. The doorway between the Kitchen and the Main room keeps disappearing every time I re-open the application. The doorway between the main bedroom and the kitchen however remains open. The only way that I have been able to fix this is to select the "Move Room" option, select the Kitchen room, and then select "Accept". The doorway between the Kitchen and the main room re-appears after that.

New Resident
    Let me add to that, I currently do not have room to move the room to another location, close the app, open the app, and move it back to its original location. I'm working on increasing my lot's size, but cannot accomplish this with my current square footage.....

Rhino Keeper
    Wow! U are sad that your room has no door, I don't really like it, I mean every time I attach 1 to the others I get about 2 more doors!

The Honorable Panda
    Quote Originally Posted by Grime121 View Post
    Let me add to that, I currently do not have room to move the room to another location, close the app, open the app, and move it back to its original location. I'm working on increasing my lot's size, but cannot accomplish this with my current square footage.....
    You can store one of your other rooms, move the problem room, restart , then move the problem room back and bring back out your other room from storage.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request