Page 1 of 30 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: FAQs

Nightclub Owner

Castle Story: FAQs

I've compiled a list of common questions and answers from the game. This list isn't complete and I will add to it.

The Potion Shop is Locked by Goal. How do I get It?

You need to expand to Ivy (the Tree Lady). She will give you a quest that unlocks the Potion Shop.

I just went up a level and it says I can get x building. When I try to buy it, it tells me I need to level up. Help

There is a limit to the number of each type of building you can have per level. If you really want the new building you can sell one of the existing types.

The types are Royal, Town, Resource, Crafting and Special. To see the different types of building go into the Market, click on Buildings then select the appropriate tab. This will show you all the buildings of that type.

A Fangbeast is appearing in front of my Kitchen. I can't use the Kitchen to craft the Meat Cleaver to defeat it. What do I do?

You can defeat the Fang Beast without the cleaver. You may need a sword (not sure as I already had a sword when I saw my first monster. A Homemade Sword can be made in the Workshop a Longsword can be made in the Magic Forge.

Click on it and it will give you an option of which sword strike you want to use. There's a chance that a particular stroke may be more effective reducing the number of hits needed to defeat the monster.

I have to build the Conservatory. Where do I get Red Petals from?

You can go to your neighbours and post on their wall asking them to gift you Red Petals.

They are a rare drop from Patch of Tall Grass, Plant In A Log, Old Log, Bushes, Ferns. You will also sometimes get them from Ivy's Hut.

I need LOTS of Glimmerdust. Where do I get it?

Glimmerdust is a rare drop from: Fern Patch, Patch of Tall Grass, Plant in a Log, Old Log, Dead Tree, Mushroom Patch, Mushroom Circle and Red Mushroom Circle. Red Mushroom Circles seem to drop it a little more frequently. They also have a chance of dropping 2.

You can also go to your neighbours and ask them to gift it to you.

How come all my neighbours are maxed on Gifts/How come I don't get many Gifts?

You can only send three gifts per day. Depending on what gift you want to send there are further limits. You can only send 1 Jewels. You can only send 2 Silver Ore or Fur.

Also if your neighbours have reached the maximum for that item you will not be able to send it. Try sending another gift to see if that works.

I'm doing the "Of Telescopes and Tablets" quest. What do I need to find?

Something that can be Polished to a Shine is Silver Ore.

Something that Focuses Light is Jewels

Something that Shimmers and Shines is Mermaid Scales

I already have the materials for "Of Telescopes and Tables". Why won't it recognise them?

You have to find the materials after starting the quest.

I have a quest to harvest x crops. I've got them why aren't they recognised?

You have to harvest them after you started the quest. Also it is the number of times you harvest them not the quantity you receive (sometimes you get a bonus item).

I have x neighbours. I sent them all a request to get x. I've only had 10 back. What gives?

You can only receive 20 requests back each day. When you send the request out to everyone it can clog up the system for you. For most quests you should pick 20-30 people that you know will respond.

How do I get Bones/Fur/Rat Tails?

These are all drops from monsters. Monsters sometimes appear when you are performing actions around your Kingdom. Skunkupines tend to appear when collecting from crops, mining, chopping or tending plants. Fangbeast tend to appear when you collect from Buildings and animals. Glimmer Trolls tend to appear when collecting from coin buildings, resource buildings and mushrooms.

Sometimes you will get these items as a reward from adventures or collecting from Ivy's Hut.

How do I get Living Wood?

You can get Living Wood from chopping trees, collecting from Sawmills and chopping Old Logs. It may also come from Plant In A Log, Tree Log and Dead Trees but I need verification on these.

I have x energy and my neighbour has y. Why do we have different amounts?

The first thing that impacts your energy cap is the level you are on. Each level increases your energy by 1 until you hit the maximum.

There was an update that gave all existing players a cap of 40 energy. Players who started after that update have a cap of 30.

Who is this Stormie person? I don't remember inviting them

Stormie is the Teamlava display kingdom. You can visit Stormie to bump up your social rating. You call also send requests which Stormie will respond. (Like asking for Red Petals from the Conservatory).
    Last edited by maguar; 01-05-13 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Updated Red Petals

Nightclub Owner
    I expanded but the land had nothing on it. Where are my rocks and trees?

While most blocks have a variety of items there are a couple that have nothing on them. Think of it as a good way to have space to build without have to use energy to clear it.

But I needed the trees and rocks. What do I do?

You've got a couple of different options. In my opinion your best bet is to have mines and sawmills. They give multiple wood/stone with the chance of other items. Otherwise you can buy trees, old logs, dead trees and plant in a log for wood. You can buy iron rich rocks, small rock piles and rock outcroppings for stone.

I used to be able to request Wisp Lanterns now I can't. Why'd they take them and what do I do?

I believe this ability was removed to increase the longevity of the game by preventing people from expanding too quickly.

Wisp Lanterns can be crafted in the Workshop. They are sometimes given as a reward from Adventures.

How come I don't have anymore quests?

There could be a couple of reasons for this.

1. You may not have the latest version installed
    2. You may have completed all the available quests. If that's the case you will to wait for the next update.
    3. There may be something that you need to do to trigger the quest. Try these threads for info:

* https://forums.teamlava.com/showthrea...ference-Thread
    * https://forums.teamlava.com/showthrea...eference-Guide
    * https://forums.teamlava.com/showthrea...Goal-Pictorial

They've also got a lot of good info about the game.

Nightclub Owner
    A Neighbour has a quest from the Tablet of Tabernum. How come I can't get it?

First you have to unlock the Tablet. Then you have to be lucky enough to get a Knowledge Shard when collecting from it. These shards are a very rare drop.

How do I unlock the Magic Garden?

You need to complete the Ivy quests up to finishing her Hut. Once you have collected from the Hut a "?" should appear over the Garden. Clicking on this should give you the next lot of quests needed to unlock the Garden.

If this isn't working for you try force closing your game, going back into it and clicking on the Garden.

Why is a particular recipe not showing in my crafting building?

Some items only appear in the crafting buildings when you are doing the quest. They won't be there before you do the quest and they disappear once you have finished the quest.
    Last edited by maguar; 12-05-12 at 04:44 AM. Reason: Minor corrections

Nightclub Owner
    I've tried force closing but I still can't trigger the quest o unlock the Tablet of Taberum or the Magic Garden. What do I do?

There's a bug that doesn't trigger these quests if you have rotated these items. Rotate them back (you may need to force close) and this should allow you to trigger the quests.

This was fixed with a version update. Make sure you have the latest version installed.

How do I unlock Ivy's Hot Sauce?

These goal is triggered by harvesting a Hot Pepper. You have to be at level 17 for this to occur. It may require you to harvest a couple of peppers.

Even if you are maxed for Hot Peppers (99) you can trigger this by harvesting a pepper.

I have a goal that needs me to harvest/collect x (or I need to trigger a goal by that) but when I collect it I'm told I have to much. Is there anything I can do?

TL has implemented a fix to allow you to trigger goals even if you are maxed with the item. You may need to try collecting the item a number of times before it triggers.

A neighbour got a pig/sheep/statue/gems etc from an Adventure. Why didn't I?

The items that you get from an Adventure is a bit of a lucky prize dip. You'd get a chance of getting up to 5 times the money you paid (it can also be less). You also get a chance of Energy, common items and rare items.

If your neighbour got something you didn't they were just lucky on that try. Keep trying and you could get something good to.

TL has mentioned that they will look at scaling up the rewards of the higher level quests given the requirements.
    Last edited by maguar; 01-05-13 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Updated information

Nightclub Owner
    How do I rotate walls?

Walls rotate automatically. Just place the walls where you want them to go. Eg place two going left to right then one above them to form a corner

x
    xxx

How come I don't have many Walls but others have heaps?

The number of Walls you can have is limited by your level. I believe this is because they are the most cost effective source of Royal Points. For a lot of levels you will only be able to add 1 Wall/level. Once you hit level 23 the amount you can add increases each level.

I just got a Faerie in a Jar from collecting from Glimmerbulbs/Magic Gardern. What are they for?

They used to be used for Lumin Essence but that was changed with an update. The only thing that requires them at the moment is the quest "Faerie Magic".

I just got a Mysterious Venom from the Magic Garden. What do I use it for?

At the moment there is nothing to use it for. From the description it normally drops from Monsters. Hopefully it will be from one of the new monsters they're introducing in a future update.
    Last edited by maguar; 12-05-12 at 04:52 AM. Reason: Updated information

Host(ess)
    when i started this game i could gift all my neighbors anything on the list now i can gift anyone anything when i try it says already gifted everyone today try tomorrow but it does the same thing. please fix this

Not able to figure out how to get the "simple glue" to finish buildings. I thought you had to buy the Potion Shop. I go to buy it and it won't let me. Just says "goal". I'm a level 12 and I see that other members have stuff built that require simple glue, so Im at the right level.
    Help! Thanks a Bunch!!

Executive Chef
    You need to expand to the tree lady, complete the goals then the potion shop will unlock

The Honorable Panda
    Quote Originally Posted by FarmerOMac View Post
    Not able to figure out how to get the "simple glue" to finish buildings. I thought you had to buy the Potion Shop. I go to buy it and it won't let me. Just says "goal". I'm a level 12 and I see that other members have stuff built that require simple glue, so Im at the right level.
    Help! Thanks a Bunch!!
    Quote Originally Posted by midnightmeerkat View Post
    You need to expand to the tree lady, complete the goals then the potion shop will unlock

current thread on simple glue
    https://forums.teamlava.com/showthrea...l=1#post446238
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

New Resident
    How can I rotate the wall? The rotate icon is hidden when I highlight the wall. However, I can rotate other things.

Also how to store materials in the storage cellar. Please help! Thank you in advance.

Page 1 of 30 1234511 ... LastLast