Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Glimmer dust

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by IMOK View Post
    while building Ivy's hut - if you have many neighbours the 'glimmer' comes in quickly
    Exactly, once u buy Ivy's hut you will have the ability to request glimmerdust from ur nbrs. However, instead of building right away, u may want to use this request feature as an opportunity to use the glimmerdust received for stocking up on other materials that require the ingredient or to make/construct other buildings whose parts require glimmerdust. You may actually be the one choosing to extend the time to necessary to complete the goal. This forum is full of invaluable information and notice about what's needed for upcoming goals and quest. After reading, you may find reasons to use the construction of Ivy's hut to your advantage and not be in such a rush to complete it.

New Resident
    wish I had known this before I completed Ivy's hut!!!! so now I'm stuck getting about 5 glimmer dust per day and I need 10 x10= 100 so it's gonna take me about 2 more weeks! that's not cool

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by sazilla View Post
    wish I had known this before I completed Ivy's hut!!!! so now I'm stuck getting about 5 glimmer dust per day and I need 10 x10= 100 so it's gonna take me about 2 more weeks! that's not cool
    Same. Wish I could sell and re-buy it just to stock up!

Thanks for that laVirtualCloset I can see what you mean and I will be doing that I sent my glimmerdust request to friends this morning but my request have not come through yet dnt know if there's a time delay on getting them or maybe some of my friends are in a different time zone to me

Rhino Keeper
    If you're stuck at only being able to get glimmer dust from collecting, I find the dead trees drop glimmer dust more frequently. I had money to spare so I bought a few at $800 a tree and I would get at least one or two glimmer dust each time I finished chopping the tree down, takes 5 chops I think. Yes it's expensive and slow, but its a way if you don't have the option to request glimmer dust right now.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by sazilla View Post
    This exactly!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by melan1010 View Post
    Thanks for that laVirtualCloset I can see what you mean and I will be doing that I sent my glimmerdust request to friends this morning but my request have not come through yet dnt know if there's a time delay on getting them or maybe some of my friends are in a different time zone to me
    Sorry for the delay in responding, busy day at work. You're very welcome! It's possible there could be a delay in responding. I know I live in Californina and it seems my neighbors are always ahead of me. However, if you have alot of neighbors then make sure you don't send a request to most of them. You can only receive 20 request a day and sending a large number out could clog up your delivery. I have well over 100 nbrs but I only send out 20 requests. Your newsfeed will tell you which nbr responded to your request. I try to monitor my newsfeed as best I can and take note of which nbrs have a great track record of responding and focus on that subset.

Fashion Designer
    Just a suggestion, forget about what TeamLava is doing; whether they're changing the game or slowing it down. Don't be in such a rush, think about the game strategically and some of these things will naturally come to you. However, if they don't its okay because there is so much information on this forum to help you avoid some pit falls. Granted, if you don't come to forum then you may not know. But if you're coming to the forum to vent or share an opinion, or ask a question, or share some insite then take some time to also review other threads. In time you will be able to take advantage of what players ahead of you have discovered.

Don't be in such a rush. Once you complete a goal, you're just going to be looking for another one and another one. TL may only devote so much time at this level to this game before moving on to the next offering. Besides a goal to download other games, many of the longer TL offerings haven't had goals in a tremendously long time. At some point, TL's goal-giving music may stop and instead of saying "these goals take too long", you may be saying "when are we getting new goals". Enjoy it while you can :-)

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by laVirtualCloset View Post
    I have well over 100 nbrs but I only send out 20 requests. Your newsfeed will tell you which nbr responded to your request. I try to monitor my newsfeed as best I can and take note of which nbrs have a great track record of responding and focus on that subset.
    Personally I'll send about 25 to neighbours I know respond promptly. The reason I include the extra 5 is incase someone's away or can't play.

I didn't know about the 20 request a day I've been sending my request to my 150+ neighbours now I know why I've not had a response lol. I'm gonna take on all your advice ill be checking my news feed, I'm in England and I did think a lot of my neighbours might be asleep when I'm awake

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast