View Poll Results: How do you manage your gems?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • I master recipes and stock up on gems.

36 75.00%
  • I don't master recipes, but I save what I have.

3 6.25%
  • I spend all the gems I can so I won't fall into these traps.

6 12.50%
  • I buy gems and I don't worry about this a lot.

3 6.25%

Thread: Strategies with gems?

Strategies with gems?

I just lost 24 gems while trying to close pop-ups. All of a sudden it told me to look at my decorations tab for my new item. I also lost 5 and 10 gems a couple days before due to "quick finish" cooking or recover rotten dishes without intending to. After all this I'm starting to think it's not even worth the effort mastering recipes (something I've been doing the past week or two) to get gems because they'll be easily spent away like this.

Is there anyone else who play this way? Do you master your recipes for gems, save them and try to tap carefully, or spend it as soon as possible to prevent these traps from happening?

How do you find the most enjoyment out of this game?

Nightclub Owner
    I master for gems and hold on to them until there are items I want to purchase. I'm just very very careful about taking items off my appliances and when I'm in the design tab. It does help that I'm on an iPad 2 as the screen is much larger. When I was playing the games on my Android I did fall into a few gem traps, and now with the games I have on there, I'm just especially careful about ANYTHING I do in those games. The only game I really worry about on the iPad 2 is my Farm game, as it has Tap-to-Manage for iOS and EVERY plot/tree is now a gem trap.

I master my recipes and when I reach 49 gems, I buy an appliance slot, I'm not much of a decorator, my restaurant's really bland with a load of tables. I just prefer having many appliances so in the future, when I start making those 1 day recipes, I can master them pretty fast. I'm also extra careful when it comes to gem traps, so far, I haven't been trapped so I guess I'm alright.

Executive Chef
    I master/stock up. As far as gem traps go I'm extremely careful to avoid excess clicking, especially when the game first loads and the gem purchase and other pop-ups show up. The only time I ever fell into a trap is in fashion story, where it's easy to mistakenly click the extra catalog slot. In fact I fell into that trap twice but have been super careful since.

Yeah it's pretty sad especially when they bring you straight to the box purchase options as you tap the "ok" button on a pop-up I thought it was pretty sneaky and annoying. But I'm glad they removed it.

Banned
    For the first time ever I lost 24 hard earned gems by that silly "instant cook all" option. I was peeved because I'd just started playing with a new device and was saving all my gems from playing other games, to get nice things for Xmas. Now I'm back at the drawing board. On my android I just mastered items and am slow when doing certain things.

I don't bother saving up because if their gem traps. I would make more purchases if they didn't have those gem traps.

What kind of business plan involves pissing your customers off with a purchase they don't want? It diesn't
    Make me buy more. Mostly, it makes me quit the game for months at a time.

Rhino Keeper
    I try to master all of the recipes to level 4 so I can earn gems. I haven't purchased any in a while because I had been reading about all of the other players issues with the "gem trap"". So, if I don't have a lot of gems anyway, I don't have to worry about accidentally adding another machine slot for 49 gems. lol

Rhino Keeper
    I spend my gems as quickly as possible to not lose them stupidly. I'm losing the desire to buy gems. Need some motivation like nothing really special to buy.

Rhino Keeper
    I've had the same exact problem as you! emailed lava team & there is nothing they can do about it which irritates me but I suggested to them a number of times to have it ask you "are you sure you want to do this" incase you accidentally hit something on accident! I've lost so many gems bc of it