Thread: Gift Accept, Decline, Gift Back, Request, Etiquette

Gift Accept, Decline, Gift Back, Request, Etiquette

I've been playing Farm Story for less than 2 weeks and am hooked. I've searched the FAQ, the Forum, and read all the Tutorials and "Read this First" that I can find. Still looking for additional information about gifts.

1. Why would I want to decline a gift?
    2. Will the sender know if I decline a gift?
    3. What happens if I don't use a gift right away? Will I lose it? I currently have a notice under the Newsfeed about a gift I was given which has the options to "Use" or "Gift Back". I can't use it yet 'cause I don't have enough inventory for my construction project.

4. Does re-gifting consume the once-daily gift opportunity?
    5. If someone requests a gift, and I "accept", does it come from my inventory?
    6. One particular neighbor of mine is unable to accept gifts every day -- even if I wait until after midnight PST. The message says something to the effect that I already sent a gift or they've received their daily allowance -- but seriously, I'm sending it within moments of a new day.

Just trying to be a good neighbor... thanks for your help!

Nightclub Owner
    To the best of my knowledge the answers are:

1. You can only get 20 a day. If it's something you don't want you can decline it in the hope someone else will send something you do want
    2. No they won't
    3. They stay in your inventory. There might be a limit but I don't know
    4. Yes it's sending a gift
    5. No it's independent
    6. They may have a number of neighbours sending at the same time

Fashion Designer
    I'll expand a little bit it may help a little more:

You can receive and accept up to 20 gifts and have up to 20 requests a day fulfilled. Which means that you can get 40 items a day if you have good neighbors and request materials to build decoration items.

1. you may not be building a slide and the neighbor is sending you a slide part - no reason to accept since it will just sit in your inventory. Welcome mats are not being used for anything - they just sit in your inventory, therefore why accept them?
    2. sender will not know you declined - no worries
    3. the gifts will sit in your inventory forever until you will use it or if for dog bowls and other decorations - until you sell it. Yes, after you accept the gift, you are being reminded that it would be nice to repay your neighbor to gift them and item. No it does not need to be the same item, it can be anything you want to send them and no you are not re-gifting what you received. All you received and accepted stays and is yours to use.
    4. re-gifting is really gifting and yes it is part of the limit of 20 items.
    5. answered above - no it does not come out of your inventory. They are requesting a building material, which doesn't cost you anything and is above the 20 gifts they can receive. Go ahead and gift it.
    6. I have a few of such neighbors that are full when I get to them - and it is within one hour of the "the new day" as they have a lot of other neighbors that gift and they are maxed out on gifts.

Hope it helped some.

Thanks so much, that was very helpful!!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by jennraespu View Post
    Thanks so much, that was very helpful!!
    You are welcome ... it took me a while to learn, I didn't know about the forum, so kudos for you searching and asking.

New Resident
    How do you regift something????

New Resident
    How do I build things

The Honorable Panda
    Quote Originally Posted by Clhammo69 View Post
    How do I build things
    This thread has some basic how to play information:

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread....-for-Beginners)
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Need help. I want to give gifts, but when I pull up my neighbor page, my only two options are "trade" and "visit". I don't see anywhere on my screen where I can gift my neighbors in Farm Story. I also play Bakery Story and I send gifts to my friends daily. I want to do the same in Farm Story...please help. Btw, when I visit my neighbors, there is nothing anywhere on the screen that shows a "gift" button or icon either. According to the directions, I should see that in the lower right hand screen. Is anyone else having this issue? Am I looking in the wrong places? HELP

The Honorable Panda
    Quote Originally Posted by Blondiegirlhi View Post
    Need help. I want to give gifts, but when I pull up my neighbor page, my only two options are "trade" and "visit". I don't see anywhere on my screen where I can gift my neighbors in Farm Story. I also play Bakery Story and I send gifts to my friends daily. I want to do the same in Farm Story...please help. Btw, when I visit my neighbors, there is nothing anywhere on the screen that shows a "gift" button or icon either. According to the directions, I should see that in the lower right hand screen. Is anyone else having this issue? Am I looking in the wrong places? HELP
    I think you may be talking about Farm Story 2? ( This the Farm Story forum)

You will need to visit a neighbor to see the blue gift box.
    You can only gift three neighbors a day, so if you have already gifted three neighbors you will not longer see a gift box when you visit other neighbors.

Giving gifts to your friends
    To give a gift to another player, you must first add them as a neighbour. You can then send a gift either directly through the Neighbours page by tapping the [Gift] button next to their name or by visiting a neighbour's farm and then tapping the [Gift] icon on the bottom right side of the screen. When you send a gift, you are not giving up items you already have, and it doesn't cost anything. It is like buying your friends presents for completely free! Your friends will surely appreciate that and return the favor. Do note that you can only send 3 gifts daily. If you select more than 3 neighbors, the game will randomly select 3 neighbours from your selection

Guide thread https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...=1#post1249924
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request