Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Choosing neighbors

Rhino Keeper
    Different strokes for different folks. This is a social game, and generally I like the interaction with other players. I like watering and visiting my neighbors too. Tho I will cut back quite a bit when I get all my expansions.

Rhino Keeper
    Okay but dead beat is an ugly word. How about responsible parent or attentive wife. I'd like my cake and eat it too. I'd like to have one of those crazy cool farms but I dont want to miss out on spot lighting with my family. So much pressure! This is why I quit my lovely bakery.

Executive Chef
    I've just changed the way I play. I water and post back to those that watered and posted on mine. Then ill water all 3-4 star players in my nbr list but I won't post unless they are full. 0-2 star players I won't delete (plus not adding anymore nbrs) but I won't water unless they water and post on my wall. I will gift them and accept any requests they send. It's more of a time saver for me so I'm not spending so long on the games plus I am also returning the favour to those that do water. the ones that just want to gift but not water are still getting gifts from me (unless they are maxed on gifts) and don't have the pressure of having to water back so they aren't deleted.

Banned
    I had over 100 neighbors but more than half have either quit playing or don't water. I'm still wondering how the folks who never water, although I post on their walls, are able to garner four stars daily. I've just stopped worrying about it and have fun going around the community to spot the "gem" farms.

I gift dog bowls but when I see there is a new item out that requires parts I may do parts two or three times for that week.

Overall it's a game and I've deleted players who three a fit about my sending a bowl, when they want parts for the tool shed and vice versa.

This game is for my comfort and I've no time for mindless rants. So if you have something for me to water, water back at least once a week and send gifts, then feel free to add me.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by jennraespu View Post
    OMG, really? I water all my neighbors every single day but I don't post on their walls unless I have a comment other than "watered" or "full". I'm curious why the wall inscription is more important than the watering or gifting itself. Maybe I'll reconsider. Thanks!
    The only way you can tell who is watering you back is on the news feed or wall messages. The news feed only holds the last ten ppl that watered and with time zone differences, ppl at work, etc it can be easy to miss that someone is watering because they never show up in your feed. The best way to make sure a nbr knows you water is to leave a msg on their wall.

If you're gifting obviously they will see that when they accept the gift, but some nbrs gift and don't water so seeing that they gifted you tells you nothing about whether they water too.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by howdy2you View Post
    Okay but dead beat is an ugly word. How about responsible parent or attentive wife. I'd like my cake and eat it too. I'd like to have one of those crazy cool farms but I dont want to miss out on spot lighting with my family. So much pressure! This is why I quit my lovely bakery.
    That's a shame. You shouldn't feel pressure to stop playing a game because of tl's excessive nbr requirements. I actually find Bakery to be the least nbr intensive of the games I play. Most ppl don't have enough tables for all their nbr's to tip them so I've found most ppl don't tip, they just gift which is fine with me.

After visiting daily for a year, I did let my nbrs in Fashion know that I would only be visiting on Fri - Sun because I'm busy during the week. It's been a huge relief, and none of them minded at all. A few even said they should do the same thing. TL creates this pressure by requiring you to have so many nbrs to expand. It's pretty ridiculous so I never have a problem with a nbr who just stops visiting completely. I'd rather they keep playing and enjoying the game than quit because of nbr pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by MizCricket View Post
    The only way you can tell who is watering you back is on the news feed or wall messages. The news feed only holds the last ten ppl that watered and with time zone differences, ppl at work, etc it can be easy to miss that someone is watering because they never show up in your feed. The best way to make sure a nbr knows you water is to leave a msg on their wall.
    OH! New information for me ... I didn't realize the newsfeed was limited. Thank you, this inspires me to write on walls. Thanks again for the info!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by MizCricket View Post
    That's a shame. You shouldn't feel pressure to stop playing a game because of tl's excessive nbr requirements. I actually find Bakery to be the least nbr intensive of the games I play. Most ppl don't have enough tables for all their nbr's to tip them so I've found most ppl don't tip, they just gift which is fine with me.

After visiting daily for a year, I did let my nbrs in Fashion know that I would only be visiting on Fri - Sun because I'm busy during the week. It's been a huge relief, and none of them minded at all. A few even said they should do the same thing. TL creates this pressure by requiring you to have so many nbrs to expand. It's pretty ridiculous so I never have a problem with a nbr who just stops visiting completely. I'd rather they keep playing and enjoying the game than quit because of nbr pressure.
    I agree which is why I changed how I play so those that just want to gift don't feel pressured to visit and I'm happy cause I'm not spending hours visiting. I like visiting but I was getting annoyed spending time visiting nbrs that weren't visiting back. But then I didn't want to delete them as I also understood they may be busy and not have the time for that but still want to play the game. This way I'm no longer annoyed and not spending hours visiting plus it accommodates the nbrs I have that don't want to visit. I've changed how I play several times but so far I am finding the way I'm playing now works for me the best but it's only been a few days since I started playing like I posted in post # 33.

Rhino Keeper
    The irony if I start watering your farm it is because I suspect you have quit playing, and I am testing to se if you are harvesting your trees without me noticing. So watering from me is a bad thing. :P

Dear All,

Please explain what is max number of neighbours and what is max number of gifts per day? Thanx

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast