Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Choosing neighbors

Rhino Keeper
    I tried to add you, rokulika but it wouldn't work. What the hey?!

Rhino Keeper
    Watering does have two good usages: First if your neighbor only has trees it can be very hard to tell when they quit playing. So what you do is you water their trees daily and watch to see if the water drops vanish. If they do not vanish then that means they are not harvesting their trees and are not actively playing. I will water until they have no more plants left to water or a week has passed and no change, at which point delete.

The second is if you want to show off your farm. By getting your star rank up to 4 more people will randomly visit your farm, and so you can wow them with your awesomely styled place. Like in my case I have a ninja gnome guarded vineyard, what is more awesome than that?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by samizmyne View Post
    What do you look for in a neighbor? Seems like I've had so many deadbeats lately. They must just want to expand and don't give a hoot about gifting or watering. The higher levels are the worst. I don't take anyone over level 45 anymore, and they have to have a 4 star rating. I take a lot of time to gift and water and this makes me kind of mad. I wind up deleting them. Can they still count me as a neighbor if I delete them? I hope not.
    I don't agree that all high level players are the worst. I'm level 97 and I water daily all nbrs (from my main farm - different ID from the one shown) who have watered mine and water the 1-2 star players 3 days a week even though they haven't watered me. I don't think it's fair to group all high level players as the worst. Both low and high level players can be non waterers. Most of (not all) of my non watering nbrs are low levels. I also have some high level players who don't or seldom water. I've started skipping over any 0 star nbr and not watering them since they are not watering any nbrs farms.

PS: Don't add me. My ID shown is to my second farm which I don't water just gift from (low level). But I also posted on my wall on my second farm to feel free to add but note I don't water, just gift. So nbrs who did invite are aware I don't before they invite me.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by sourlicorice5 View Post
    I don't agree that all high level players are the worst. I'm level 97 and I water daily all nbrs (from my main farm - different ID from the one shown) who have watered mine and water the 1-2 star players 3 days a week even though they haven't watered me. I don't think it's fair to group all high level players as the worst. Both low and high level players can be non waterers. Most of (not all) of my non watering nbrs are low levels. I also have some high level players who don't or seldom water. I've started skipping over any 0 star nbr and not watering them since they are not watering any nbrs farms.

PS: Don't add me. My ID shown is to my second farm which I don't water just gift from (low level). But I also posted on my wall on my second farm to feel free to add but note I don't water, just gift. So nbrs who did invite are aware I don't before they invite me.
    Lol that should say haven't watered my farm not haven't watered me

Rhino Keeper
    Gee people, don't get so touchy. I was just talking from my own general observation. I find the neighbors on levels 30's and 40's to be the best at watering and gifting. They are far enough into the game not to quit, and new enough to want to actually play. I'm sure some of you are the exception to the rule.

Executive Chef
    Gee people, don't get so touchy. I was just talking from my own general observation. I find the neighbors on levels 30's and 40's to be the best at watering and gifting. They are far enough into the game not to quit, and new enough to want to actually play. I'm sure some of you are the exception to the rule.
    I wasn't being touchy. I was also just talking from my own observation and posting my opinion. Sorry if it came across wrong. Didn't mean to make anyone touchy themselves.

Executive Chef
    You may generally be right that levels 30 to 40 may be the best at watering. And I don't blame you for not wanting nbrs that don't return the favour. It's one of the reasons I changed how I play. I used to water all daily but found it too much especially when a lot of them didn't water back. I find the way I play now works for me. I make sure I water those that water often or daily and those that don't I either skip or water only on weekends. You do sound like a good nbr to have. Wish I had more like you on some of my other games. Xoxo

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by sourlicorice5 View Post
    You may generally be right that levels 30 to 40 may be the best at watering. And I don't blame you for not wanting nbrs that don't return the favour. It's one of the reasons I changed how I play. I used to water all daily but found it too much especially when a lot of them didn't water back. I find the way I play now works for me. I make sure I water those that water often or daily and those that don't I either skip or water only on weekends. You do sound like a good nbr to have. Wish I had more like you on some of my other games. Xoxo
    Thank you! Feel free to add me if you like! I don't mind watering and gifting. I actually enjoy it. But if I never see a particular neighbor come up in my news reel week after week, then I delete them. I was just wondering if there was a certain criteria others use in selecting neighbors. That was my original question. I guess you just need to try them out and see. After I get all my levels I'm only keeping about 25. Right now I have 50.

Grand Emperor
    When I played daily, unless I knew the neighbor from the games or forum, I looked for higher level players who were higher levels, whose wall indicated they were daily players. I also looked to see that there were plots to water. I used to pick a few lower level starter players to help them out. But the problem with the lower level players is many want and send gifts that I no longer need, whereas the higher level players also prefer dog bowls and/or tool shed parts. And the lower level players were full more often since their farms were smaller.

If I pick from the Add Me threads, I tend to not pick people who post that they want neighbors so they can expand, or they want neighbors who will send them gifts and water, without indicating reciprocation. I also don't pick neighbors who say they will only send gifts and water those to do for them first.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by nmishii View Post
    When I played daily, unless I knew the neighbor from the games or forum, I looked for higher level players who were higher levels, whose wall indicated they were daily players. I also looked to see that there were plots to water. I used to pick a few lower level starter players to help them out. But the problem with the lower level players is many want and send gifts that I no longer need, whereas the higher level players also prefer dog bowls and/or tool shed parts. And the lower level players were full more often since their farms were smaller.

If I pick from the Add Me threads, I tend to not pick people who post that they want neighbors so they can expand, or they want neighbors who will send them gifts and water, without indicating reciprocation. I also don't pick neighbors who say they will only send gifts and water those to do for them first.

I do have a few exceptions (mainly long term nbrs like yourself). I make sure (I forgot to mention this) I stop by my long term nbrs everyday though if they are full I don't tend to post most of the time.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast