Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Choosing neighbors

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by samizmyne View Post
    Thank you! Feel free to add me if you like! I don't mind watering and gifting. I actually enjoy it. But if I never see a particular neighbor come up in my news reel week after week, then I delete them. I was just wondering if there was a certain criteria others use in selecting neighbors. That was my original question. I guess you just need to try them out and see. After I get all my levels I'm only keeping about 25. Right now I have 50.
    I think some people have different criteria. Some only want nbrs who gift and accept requests but don't water as they don't want to themselves. On my second farm I requested nbrs for gifting and accepting requests only. I play many TL games and don't have time to visit on 2 sets of games. I do visit daily from my main games. Though I did start only watering from my wall and newsfeed through the work week. However I am going to alter that and visit from my wall, newsfeed then all my 3-4 star players from my nbr list (and a few 1-2 star players who i know water when they can) I didnt like playing the other way cause I don't want to be one of those nbrs that only water if you water first. This way I at least won't feel like I'm doing that.

New Resident
    I usually choose new neighbors by reading their wall, if they are active it is usually evident there...it has been in my experience that the higher levels are the ones less likely to stop playing

I have noticed this too...i am level 98...I water...gift...and respond to requests daily. I only water those that post on my wall (nbr or not). Otherwise i dont bother. I keep my star rating at a 4. I delete nbrs that are 0-1 ranks. I dont take the game too seriously...just have fun and if nbrs arent meeting ur expectations just delete them. I water my full nbrs list of 250 once per week making note of dead crops and low rankings. I leave a note that i will be deleting them soon.
    BEST OF LUCK...

Too me...watering is like the chicken and the egg conundrum. I never know who waters first before i water back...i know i have several that dont post and i always water them. You know who doesnt water back and you can choose to delete them if you feel it necessary.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by samizmyne View Post
    I'm sure some of you are the exception to the rule.
    Yep, especially the ones posting here.

Quote Originally Posted by happyheffer View Post
    I water...gift...and respond to requests daily. I only water those that post on my wall (nbr or not)...
    OMG, really? I water all my neighbors every single day but I don't post on their walls unless I have a comment other than "watered" or "full". I'm curious why the wall inscription is more important than the watering or gifting itself. Maybe I'll reconsider. Thanks!

I started choosing neighbors based on their farm style. If their farm has no "character", e.g. they have a 16x16 plot of one crop, I'm not interested in looking at it everyday. I really don't care if people water me back, I'm only 17x17 so I get full quickly. My neighbor satisfaction really comes from enjoying how creative people get with the same items available to everyone & also getting the little bonuses (hidden treasure).

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by jennraespu View Post
    OMG, really? I water all my neighbors every single day but I don't post on their walls unless I have a comment other than "watered" or "full". I'm curious why the wall inscription is more important than the watering or gifting itself. Maybe I'll reconsider. Thanks!
    I know I'm the same way - if I'm to be your neighbor, in my opinion I am to water and gift daily, right? Doesn't that come to you as assumed to be that way? But evidently a lot of people don't think it is. I also am wondering about this well I won't water you unless you water me first - who gives in first? Funny. So anyway, I'm still stopping by each of my neighbor daily and try to gift daily - right, wrong or in between. LOL. And yes, I do go through my list of neighbors and clean out the dead beats.

Rhino Keeper
    This is when a game becomes a job.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by howdy2you View Post
    This is when a game becomes a job.
    Not really I commute to work and if I'm not driving - I just lay back and water - the drive takes 45 minutes each way, so it goes by quickly and honestly it is relaxing - don't watch the traffic and all the crazy people on the road.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast