Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dragon Android update!

Executive Chef

Dragon Android update!

We've just updated our Android version of Dragon Story! This version should include a number of performance improvements, so everyone should see a much smoother playing experience on the Green Machine apps.

If anyone is still getting some slowdown or force-close issues when playing Dragon Story Android, let us know, and we'll be sure to let the devs know ASAP!

Banned
    Definitely still getting the SAME crashes, force closes, and restart issues. I'm playing on an Acer A500 tablet running Android 3.1.

Let me itemize all the places it crashes. These are all intermittent crashes, they don't happen all the time, but it's all the places I've seen it, often during the same few minutes of play. There isn't a time that I play the game that it doesn't crash for one reason or another. It's been this way from the beginning and has never been fixed. Do your developers actually HAVE PHYSICAL ANDROID DEVICES or are they just using the simulator environment?? Seriously. No QA done on this as there is no way on earth a tester of this app would not report it. If you look at the google market, you'll see all kinds of reports of crashes.

1) when I scroll around an island (lock and crash). It happens on my island and it happens on other islands
    2) when I'm typing a message on someone's wall
    3) upon startup (start the app and it up and dies)
    4) when I go visit people. Really annoying if you're visiting someone new and have no link to them otherwise and it up and crashes on you before you can even play them.
    5) when I retrieve coins from my habitats
    6) Sometimes when it's just sitting there doing nothing
    7) when I'm doing something on my island and someone tries to visit me (get this one A LOT)
    8) when I tap on a habbitat to 'play' with a dragon

Additionally, I often cannot scroll to the very top or the very right of the island. Part of the island is obscured from view which is really annoying when someone has habitats in those areas. Note: even this isn't consistent. sometimes I can scroll and see the full details of these areas without issue, but that only happens maybe 1% of the time.

Also, moving items around is really hard at times. I go to move and scroll and end up in a really weird location in sky/water and can't scroll back. For all intents and purposes, it's a blue screen. I have to try to quit and restart, or pull up the main menu, visit someone and come back for it to redraw.

Since my tables uses an nVidia graphics controller, I'd love to see the game use it for drawing so it's faster and smoother.

So could we please hear some details about when we can expect to see the full New Dawn updates which include:

NEW HABITAT BOOSTS increase your habitat coin capacity!
    NEW GOALS! Quest to the Dawn Tree and meet new characters!
    NEW LOOK! A Second Sun has risen! Beautiful new art throughout the Dragon Isles!

Android already has the new dragons such as the Light species which is great but could we also have the Habitat Boosts too? We're at a huge disadvantage compared to many of our iPhone neighbours

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by threepwood14 View Post
    So could we please hear some details about when we can expect to see the full New Dawn updates which include:

NEW LOOK! A Second Sun has risen! Beautiful new art throughout the Dragon Isles!

Android already has the new dragons such as the Light species which is great but could we also have the Habitat Boosts too? We're at a huge disadvantage compared to many of our iPhone neighbours
    why do you want a boost? it costs 350k per boost and it increases habitat coin capacity by about 1000 coins or less. It will take months before your investment becomes profitable. It doesn't do anything else anymore. Ahem.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chewytwix View Post
    why do you want a boost? it costs 350k per boost and it increases habitat coin capacity by about 1000 coins or less. It will take months before your investment becomes profitable. It doesn't do anything else anymore. Ahem.
    yup definietly boosts are not worth it... at least i made most of my money back when the coin boost glitch

The Flower Egg gives a boost of 640 to all Big Green Groves.
    I have 10 Big Green Groves and the lowest earning one makes 468 per hour so in 8 hours that will reach maximum capacity with the increased boost to capacity.
    So lets say I Collect once per day, I'd least get 6400 extra per day meaning that in just 50 days I will start to see a profit.

Now I know my example is of one with many habitats of the same type but for long term players profit is inevitable.
    The Boosts also have an aesthetic appeal which is important to many players

So now that is explained...can we please have a date declared for Android users or at least a general idea?

Many thanks.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by threepwood14 View Post

It seems the answer is No to this as that would involve actual COMMUNICATION between the company and it's user base. They get the lackey's to do it instead and don't give them any information.

Rhino Keeper
    Were there goals that came with the New Dawn expansion? Android users didn't get those.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by shalla666 View Post
    Were there goals that came with the New Dawn expansion? Android users didn't get those.
    Yes there are new goals (have no idea if the old goals which you haven't achieved yet are transfered over or not) But NO, the Android users didn't get those goals yet as they are New Dawn Specific (Journey to Dawn Tree for example).

My fiancee has an iPad and plays on that, which is how I got into playing as well. I just use Android instead.

HI . If I may ask are Kindle Fire users ever going to get goals as game describes in HELP|FAQ ? Any info yes or no would be nice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast