Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's your best method for making money?

I used to plant carrots to make money. What I liked about them was making a profit of $440 with one energy. The only downside is that they take a day to grow, but it could be good to supplement what you're already doing.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by vanillaheaven View Post
    Waaaah, I can't wait to get to that tree lady, but I need 20000 for that expansion.... And I only have 3000 right now. Soooo, I was wondering, what do other castle story players do to earn money?

For now, I'm relying on two cottages... Plus a watch tower, a lantern spire, and two farmhouses. I'd try farming, but..... That would take way too much energy, which I don't have because I play all day, so it never has time to regenerate XD

So, advice please?
    It is difficult to properly answer this question without knowing what level you are on because that determines which crops you can plant and which buildings you can build.

I would look at which crops you have available to plant and decide which gives the best return on your cost to plant it. Even if it takes several hours or a day to grow, you can be collecting from other options during that time. Just calculate how much time you need to save the energy to harvest those crops and leave the game alone during that timeframe... I know, it's hard to put it down when you have all day to play. I was there (and still am sometimes lol).

When collecting from other options, pay attention to the amount of coins you receive against the amount of energy used to collect it. Compare that to other buildings/resources that may take longer but give a better return for the time and energy. I realized that after a bit and just stored my farmhouses and cottage until I needed them for a quest/goal.

Hope this helps you figure out what works best for you. Everyone plays the game differently so what works for one person's game doesn't always work for someone else. That's why the forum is so great. We can share our different experiences and pull ideas from each other.

Good luck.

Also, here is a link to a page in the HUB talking about energy. That may help you with more energy for more collecting.
    https://forums.storm8.com/showthread....=1#post1046155
    Last edited by icastled; 05-27-15 at 07:04 PM. Reason: Added link

Executive Chef
    I can't help but say it. hopefully the original poster has enough money now to expand to Ivy since it was asked in 2012. hehehe

All kidding aside, though... I'm sure the info is still good for some today.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by mreames View Post
    I can't help but say it. hopefully the original poster has enough money now to expand to Ivy since it was asked in 2012. hehehe

All kidding aside, though... I'm sure the info is still good for some today.
    HAHAHAHAHAHA..... I didn't even look at the date of the original post. I just saw a recent post (where someone else answered) and added my thoughts. Lesson learned, I'll look at original dates every time, lol. But I agree, the info provided can still help someone else today who may need the ideas.

What a good chuckle!! Thanks for pointing that out.

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    I'm sure you're right mreames! They are probably level 50 now! I usually look at the dates of original posts when replies are made on old threads. Missed this one... hilarious! Still, good lessons to be given to new players so I'm sure all of the wisdom of the last few days are not for nothing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12