Thread: Is it just me or...

Executive Chef

Is it just me or...

Did prices go up

Refuse to spend actual cash on games like this (as much as I love them...), but did notice that partway thru quest to get items for the 'magnifying matrix' that the gem cost to quick buy 'ingredients' had changed DRAMATICALLY. Was close enough to not really care, but was perplexed that it woud cost more to get less items since yesterday when I had less of the items... Also sad that it is toooo easy to accidentally spend gems when you don't mean to...
    All that said, and sorry to ramble, but LOVE the game!

Rhino Keeper
    Yep price is now 4 times higher than what it was

Rhino Keeper
    Not sure why this surprises anyone? It's TLs specialty!...release new game...everyone playing it and liking and the BAM...price increase! It has happened on EVERY new game they have released!...did ya expect it not to happen here? I'm glad I'm no longer buying gems in ANY games anymore. This game will be just as expensive as bakery is pretty soon...anyone that plays dragon knows that they will keep "adjusting" prices and no matter what players think they will soon make ALL the games impossible to advance without spending all their free time playing and all the money playing...which of course that's their end goal! All about the money and no fun.

Designer of Worlds
    Quote Originally Posted by jumperjing3 View Post
    Not sure why this surprises anyone? It's TLs specialty!...release new game...everyone playing it and liking and the BAM...price increase! It has happened on EVERY new game they have released!...did ya expect it not to happen here? I'm glad I'm no longer buying gems in ANY games anymore. This game will be just as expensive as bakery is pretty soon...anyone that plays dragon knows that they will keep "adjusting" prices and no matter what players think they will soon make ALL the games impossible to advance without spending all their free time playing and all the money playing...which of course that's their end goal! All about the money and no fun.
    While I can't speak for any game I haven't worked directly on.. I will say that we will be monitoring our decisions closely. The overall coin economy is not being changed in any kind of dramatic way, only the price for items you spend gems on. My goal when designing this game was to allow you to be able to build/craft every item in the game, without ever being forced to spend gems. These changes have never affected that goal.

We're working on a major update that I think you'll be quite excited to see. Expect some details about this update sometime early next week.
    Last edited by MHz_; 09-29-12 at 12:08 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by MHz_ View Post
    While I can't speak for any game I haven't worked directly on.. I will say that we will be monitoring our decisions closely. The overall coin economy is not being changed in any kind of dramatic way, only the price for items you spend gems on. My goal when designing this game was to allow you to be able to build/craft every item in the game, without ever being forced to spend gems. These changes have never affected that goal.

We're working on a major update that I think you'll be quite excited to see. Expect some details about this update sometime early next week.
    Tease.

I'm looking forward to seeing what's next. I'm over my frustration with the game from the other day. I usually have the mentality of "gotta move forward as quickly as possible" and I don't think this game is for players like that (unless they're willing to spend the coins to do it). Now I'm enjoying the crafting and building aspect of the game. There seems to be several different options so we don't lose interest. As long as you keep the goals and quests coming, I'll most likely keep playing.

Rhino Keeper

MHz:
    First I want to apologize for being so "rough" on the game that you obviously are working very hard on! You have to understand the frustrations of players feel when things just keep changing!...and I speak mostly about bakery and dragon. But I'm happy to hear that the overall coin economy won't be messed with.
    And I just want to say I'm enjoying the game very much. I've always enjoyed the "adventure, role playing" games and it's great to see it for mobile devices! I too can't wait for new updates! You've done a great job.
    Btw: my storage cellar is still sparkling. I've only tried restarting my device, not reinstalling.
    Last edited by MHz_; 09-29-12 at 02:14 PM. Reason: fixed quotes

Rhino Keeper
    Oops....seems I didn't copy and paste from your post to mine...sorry

Designer of Worlds
    Ill make sure we add in a fix for your storage shed next week. It's minor but worth fixing. Please keep the feedback and ideas coming, no matter how rough it may come across. I have no problem defending my decisions and explaining most of the reasoning behind the things we do for the game.