Thread: To continue to see me paying for this you need to...

Farm Supplier

To continue to see me paying for this you need to...

I need to see something happening every couple of days, or it becomes a pointless grind.

1) The cost to clear is too high. I will not spend 7 days just to clear one boulder.
    2) The cost to feed the new dragons is too high (not that I have them, being android)
    3) There is nothing worthwhile to spend gold on anymore, as the diminishing returns make it pointless.

Here is what I want.
    1) Boosts to go back to half the level they were "accidentally"
    2) Clearing to be reduced by half
    3) Be able to buy an extra breeding den and evolution chamber for gold (say 100-200 each)
    4) Food for the new dragons to be double, not 9 times the old dragons

Simply put, once I fill my current habitats, even if I stayed up 24/7, it would take a week to clear the boulders and trees. This is too long. I have ceased spending money on this game and any other Team Lava games until it becomes reasonable. I don't mind paying $20/week to be entertained, I just have to get something for it.

Some people will be ok with these costs at the top end, if you **** of the capacity to GET to the top end, the game will die.

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    Thank you for sharing your suggestions for improvements to the game. I'll pass this on to the team.

Farm Supplier
    Thank you for passing it on.

As a clarification on the boosts, TL has stated there may be "economy" boosts coming, these should be incorporated into the existing boosts, as the requirements (10 epics of a color and 300,000) mean I can not see them paying themselves back in the lifetime I would play the game, so I would not get them. (unless they had a coin boost as well)
    A "coin only" boost could also be created, I would spend the sort of time that is required to get the existing ones, for a coin boost.

Today I resisted the temptation to buy gold and will continue to do so until I can see a future in this game.

(I still play because there is still things to do each day, I can see the end looming large though, perhaps 2 weeks maximum? Longer if the breeding den and evolution temple have the limit of 1 lifted.)

Quote Originally Posted by galactus69 View Post
    Thank you for passing it on.

As a clarification on the boosts, TL has stated there may be "economy" boosts coming, these should be incorporated into the existing boosts, as the requirements (10 epics of a color and 300,000) mean I can not see them paying themselves back in the lifetime I would play the game, so I would not get them. (unless they had a coin boost as well)
    A "coin only" boost could also be created, I would spend the sort of time that is required to get the existing ones, for a coin boost.

Today I resisted the temptation to buy gold and will continue to do so until I can see a future in this game.

(I still play because there is still things to do each day, I can see the end looming large though, perhaps 2 weeks maximum? Longer if the breeding den and evolution temple have the limit of 1 lifted.)
    I don't have an ETA on when or how similar boosts would be implemented. The time limit you've projected here, while that might seem like a long time, it isn't. In the game design world, it's a short amount of time. Pushing features or changes take planning, testing, scheduling and other things before they're ready.

Thank you for the additional feedback.

Host(ess)
    I know Team Lava staff has seen a recurring theme on these forums. I sure have! *Looks to me that the Bottom Line is that current players are refusing to contribute to TL's Bottom Line until changes are made.*
    Now I agree that maybe two weeks is a short time to push a new feature or change, but not a long time to debug one you have already rolled out, such as the coin rate boost that was taken away. I just cannot believe that a team of programmers and developers cannot debug whatever "bugginess" it had, if it had bugs at all. C'mon guys! Players liked it and it somewhat offset the astronomical new costs for clearing and feeding. Please give us something to continue playing for. You have a good product - and with improvements in customer service it could be Great!

Quote Originally Posted by scarpetta View Post
    I know Team Lava staff has seen a recurring theme on these forums. I sure have! *Looks to me that the Bottom Line is that current players are refusing to contribute to TL's Bottom Line until changes are made.*
    Now I agree that maybe two weeks is a short time to push a new feature or change, but not a long time to debug one you have already rolled out, such as the coin rate boost that was taken away. I just cannot believe that a team of programmers and developers cannot debug whatever "bugginess" it had, if it had bugs at all. C'mon guys! Players liked it and it somewhat offset the astronomical new costs for clearing and feeding. Please give us something to continue playing for. You have a good product - and with improvements in customer service it could be Great!
    It seems like it'd be that easy, right? :P Features have to go through a process before they can be implemented. We don't want to frustrate anyone, it's just the cycle necessary for the game and features to ensure that it's of the proper quality and standard before it can be shipped.

In regard to the costs of feeding and clearing, I'll continue passing on the feedback for this. There's a thread here & here if you'd like to check out the conversations there.

Farm Supplier
    Additional clarification.

The two weeks I mentioned was how long it was before I thought I would give up on it, not how long I expected more features
    After some time has passed since I made this post, I am still playing and finding that the economy is doing ok, I am just choosing to do the "cheap" stuff first (as designed?) and am ignoring the millions of silver required for stuff I have uncovered.

The issue of being able to get white habitats and ONLY being able to BUY white hybrids is seriously annoying. Either let the android users have white dragon eggs, or don't show us the white dragons, it just peeves me.

I am now even more for being able to buy Breeding Dens and Evolution temples in excess of the 1 we are currently allowed. I am sending common dragons off to the glue factory a lot more often now, breeding and evolving are my limiting factors, more so than space/cash/food. I won't be making more space, if I can swap out a common for a rare or better.

Host(ess)
    In a pumpkin, roasting marshmallows. (USA)
    "Pushing features or changes take planning, testing, scheduling and other things before they're ready."

If this was true,
    1. The expansions would of stayed the same price they were when the game was first released, instead of being released to the public and making us feel like we're beta testers, by skyrocketing the expansion price which made tons of players angry.
    2. The so called coin boost bug would of never entered the game but since it did, it sure did make a lot of people angry....again because it was removed.
    3. That's why TL games have so many bugs, they don't test their games, we do.

Features can be easily removed and there's plenty of angry players to prove that. Yet features that we actually want aren't implemented into the game or taken away because that's how TL wants to run their games. We all hear the "I'll pass it on to the team" but we see no proof because...nothing happens.

Host(ess)
    I think the biggest thing is the cost of clearing objects after land expansion. Paying 800000 silver just to get a tree removed seems a little ridiculous. I think 400,000 should be the max for clearing such objects, and the smaller ones to be on a downward scale from that.