Ok, help me out. I seem to be running in circles at the moment and getting absolutely nowhere.. I have three quests to accomplish, but just can't seem to make any more progress.

A View to the North: I did the first expansion, but can't earn enough to do the next one. Why can't I earn enough? Because I'm spending my coins on rocks for...

Magnifying Matrix: I have everything except the jewels... I'm at 17/25... And I have been, despite all of my attempts (and the several Rock Outcroppings I've bought....which is why I don't have enough money for my first goal. But I have plenty of stones... I'm maxed out in my inventory on stones, have about 40 stone blocks, and a dozen fancy blocks.. I have more coal, silver, and iron than I know what to do with.. All because I'm trying to get more jewels

Second Caravan: I thought this one would be easy... I have everything... Except the furs. I only have 3/10... If the sunkipunk leaves one more rat tail I'm gonna scream! There doesn't seem to be a way to lure them other than planting crops.. Which I'm doing, but if/when they do show up, they hardly ever leave furs.

I think I need to just forget about the goals and just do my own thing. Between the energy limitations, high costs to expand and all my frustrations trying to complete these goals, I'm not sure how long I'm going to stick with it. It's a shame. I love the design, the graphics and the concept, but I can't enjoy it when I'm so frustrated.