Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Major lag in gifting

Executive Chef

Major lag in gifting

This has been going on for weeks, for me anyway, but I'm just now reporting it. The gifting system has a lot of lag. That is to say, some gifts don't show up until hours after they've been sent.

I can have my news feed up, and, let's say I visit a neighbor, and then pull up my news feed again. A gift will show up that wasn't there before, but its time stamp is from hours earlier. Sometimes force closing the app is a way to get delayed gifts to instantly show up in my feed.

I've re-installed the game several times for other reasons so I don't think that's going to solve this issue.

Hello,

I just tested this on my devices and it seems to be okay.

Is it a certain item you are sending that is taking a while?
    TeamLava Staff - CuddlyDragon [Send Private Message]
    Support Email: support@teamlava.com
    Forum Questions: Community Manager Thread

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by CuddlyDragon View Post
    Hello,

I just tested this on my devices and it seems to be okay.

Is it a certain item you are sending that is taking a while?
    It's not parts requests I'm referring to, just the ordinary gifts neighbors choose to send from day to day.

Nightclub Owner
    I notice the same thing marrina. Take this morning for example. I went into the game and accepted/declined the gifts that I wanted, but some were sent 9 or 10 hours previously. I checked my game at 1130p last night, and those gifts weren't there, but they were at 530a. It is almost like the game waited for TL reset time, (3a for me) before sending me these gifts, which isn't right as now they're logged under today's gift amount and not yesterday's. I didn't accept 20 gifts yesterday so there is no reason why these gifts were delayed.

CuddlyDragon, does that make sense now? I know between gifts/requests things can get confusing, but we're talking specifically about the Gifts arriving many hours AFTER the person sent them as we can look at the time stamp.

Executive Chef
    Glad I'm not the only one, didn't want to seem like a loon :P I haven't had the issue of yesterday's gifts showing up today (at least I don't think I have). But I don't keep track of how many gifts I've accepted to be entirely sure.

Executive Chef
    This is actually by design; this information isn't constantly being sent down from the servers to your games, but they update with certain actions, like when booting the game or visiting a neighbor.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by GroupMagma View Post
    This is actually by design; this information isn't constantly being sent down from the servers to your games, but they update with certain actions, like when booting the game or visiting a neighbor.
    As I wrote in my post above, I did go into the game at 1130p last night and there were no gifts, but at 5a there were and they were time stamped as being sent 9 hours previously. Since I force close my games when I leave them, how is it my going into the game at 1130p last night didn't show them? According to what you just wrote, they should have.

This set-up is not fair to us users that visit all our neighbors in one shot, as now we won't get gifts if it can ONLY be triggered by visiting a neighbor to do so, since going into the game obviously didn't work last night.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by GroupMagma View Post
    I don't understand why it would be by design when it doesn't work this way in the 3 other TL games I play. My pending gifts are always updated regardless of whether I've forced closed the app or taken some other sort of action or not.

Grand Emperor
    Are you sure yesterday's gifts are being counted as today's gift?

Earlier this year I didn't have a phone for 3 days, and when I logged on in the afternoon I had 20 gifts from that day and some (6 I think) from the day before and none from the day before that. So the gifts with the timestamp from the day before were counted as the day before. I think there's a limit on how many gifts you can carry over since I didn't have the full day's worth of gifts from the previous day.

With people in different time zones, there should be some time allowance for accepting the previous day's gifts, and it appears TL accounted for that at least earlier this year. Not sure how it works now. Also this wasn't for Home Design, as it wasn't available then, and for me on my Android it still isn't.

Nightclub Owner
    No, I'm not sure nmishii. I'm not sure I want to monitor it either at this point, it's too frustrating. LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast