Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: What's the point of habitat boosts?

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    A quote from GroupMagma:
    Quote Originally Posted by GroupMagma View Post
    Hey guys, I wanted to shed some light on the Light Boost situation. (Pun not originally intended, but I'm keeping it :P ).

We were looking into these boosts, and unfortunately, they seem to be buggy at the moment (except for the White). Currently, they are only designed to increase the capacity of your Dragon habitats; not speed up the rate at which Coins are earned.

We'll be pushing a fix for this shortly, and as a result, many players will see their collection rates go back to the normal levels. The Capacity increases are here to stay though

If you really like the sped up rates, don't worry; there's a decent chance we'll be adding MORE boosts in the future to give you more boosts to your economy. For now, we're sorry about the mix-up!
    Please let us know if you have more questions, and we'll answer them as best we can.

The Speed of the coins going up for me has gone back to normal even tho I do have the boosts. Has this happened to anyone else?

The Honorable Panda
    Quote Originally Posted by chaosbeats View Post
    The Speed of the coins going up for me has gone back to normal even tho I do have the boosts. Has this happened to anyone else?
    see post 50
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Thank you. I'm gutted that it was a "bug". Don't think I'll be spending anymore money on it.

Rhino Keeper
    everyone who play the dragon story has

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by chaosbeats View Post
    everyone has it

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by PonyRoar View Post
    A quote from GroupMagma:
    please don't let us wait for long, the economic running very slow

Rhino Keeper

Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by PonyRoar View Post
    A quote from GroupMagma:
    PonyRoar,

You say "in the meantime" we can ask any questions we want. So please answer this. If this was a bug, how in the hell did it get past QA? Do you even have a QA division? Person? This type of "glitch" does not make it into production - that is unless you don't play your games at all. I'm going to assume you play your games, so i'm also going to assume you knew of the coin boost.

You realize even with the coin boost in place, people were having trouble keeping up with the cost of feeding the new dragons, right?

What I suggest you do, if you had any business sense whatsoever, is return the coin boost while you "evaluate" the economy, and then act accordingly. If you don't, you'll see more than half your user base go *poof*.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Chianti View Post
    PonyRoar,

You say "in the meantime" we can ask any questions we want. So please answer this. If this was a bug, how in the hell did it get past QA? Do you even have a QA division? Person? This type of "glitch" does not make it into production - that is unless you don't play your games at all. I'm going to assume you play your games, so i'm also going to assume you knew of the coin boost.

You realize even with the coin boost in place, people were having trouble keeping up with the cost of feeding the new dragons, right?

What I suggest you do, if you had any business sense whatsoever, is return the coin boost while you "evaluate" the economy, and then act accordingly. If you don't, you'll see more than half your user base go *poof*.
    Incidentally, I'm not joking about having trouble keeping up with the new economy - EVEN with the coin boost. Let's do the math here. With the feeding levels the way they are now, the only crop that makes any sense to plant are Diamondates. Those are 75 THOUSAND coins per planting... 75 THOUSAND every 5 hours. I wasn't joking about it being an issue to keep up EVEN with coin boost in place. Next, those crops only yield 800 food - which means at max you could look forward to 4800 food per harvest. I believe that's 1 feeding for a level 6 dragon? I forget, honestly - I havent logged in to check.

So what happens? People buy gold to speed up the harvesting process - that makes money for you. The faster they are able to plant the new crops, the more gold they will buy.

You just ****ed your income source! On a serious note, I lead a QA division at a major fortune 500 company... this kind of thing just doesn't slip through. Lava, If you'd like to contact me personally, feel free. Id be happy to do some consulting work for you given that its becoming more and more obvious you have no QA process in place whatsoever.

Did I miss something? Or, has TL still not responded to our frustrations with any clear communication about the supposed 'bug?' We all know it wasn't a 'bug.' It was a decision to not allow that many coins to players after seeing how quickly they were amassing coins. Be honest and then restore the coins. We cannot possibly get enough food to feed the dragons under the current production nor clear expansions. Bummer that hat could have been a great update is being ruined by poor decision making. Remember who the customer is. I won't be kind enough to dialogue about it much longer. I'll just be done.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast