Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: What's the point of habitat boosts?

Rhino Keeper
    So are you saying that TL took back their coin boosts? SO I EXPANDED THERE FOR NOTHING?!? man this is nuts! They better restore that glitch because I am freaking tired of feeding dragons that require as much food as normal dragons need going into epic level! These light dragons, clean up cost and new food prices are driving me insane!

Rhino Keeper

Exclamation Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by lylahmae View Post
    If you read group magma's posts in the bug threads you would see that the boosts are being fixed not taken away...for IOS that is... we androids get new clearing prices and still get the same old coin levels.
    lylahmae,

After reading my post, do you honestly think I haven't read through other responses? Semantics matter, but in this case it does not. If the coin boost was in fact a "bug", then it stands to reason other aspects of the game were severely overlooked as well. I'm in software development, and a "bug" like that simply does not make it into a production release. If it does, someone gets fired.

Rather, I can GUARANTEE that Lava noticed something they didn't like, and patched it accordingly. This was a server side issue, not client-side (hence why it just "stopped working" without you having to download a patch). They had PLENTY of time to QA the new additions prior to releasing them to the general public. They were definitely aware the boost was in place. It would literally require not playing the game at all to be ignorant to that fact. I'm going to assume that lava plays their games prior to releasing them - I think that's a fair assumption.

Nevertheless, let's play dumb for a moment and assume they didn't know. If that's the case, I can tell you without a moments hesitation that they have absolutely no QA build into their software development cycle. Accordingly, it's reasonable to assume other blatantly obvious aspects were overlooked as well and could be classified as "bugs". The cost of the new food, and the sheer amount of food it takes to level the new dragons, for instance. Without the coin boost, neither make sense, and both could be classified as bugs. Had you read other posts, you'd be equally aware.

I logged in here today to try to find out why my coin boost disappeared. Thanks for the information. I don't understand how it's really a glitch since it did what it was supposed to do. Was the speed of the boost what the glitch was? I agree I was also logging in more often. Now I'm eager to see what happens when this glitch is fixed!

New Resident
    Its been quite acceptable and normal for me to spend 10-20 dollars per week buying gold on this game since I started. Level 51 at the moment - so it been a few months..So Im estimating that I have spent at least $170 during this time. the gold helped make the game more enjoyable by speeding up the breeding and hatching times.
    Due to these recent changes Team Lava will not see a single cent from me again. The introduction of the new Light dragons were interesting and exciting prospects of different hybrids but now you have made it so unattainable and ridiculously impossible to maintain the feeding and clearing prices..any pleasure that was first felt has been ****ed. I will continue to have this game on my phone for another week and will check back to see if any rational changes have been made..if not, it will be deleted.
    These types of antics from Game Developers arent generally accepted within the gaming community. People move on and find other games to spend their money on.
    I was once a loyal supporter of another gaming company but they became greedy and irrational with their decision making and as a result, lost a lot of customers.
    You had a good game here with supporters that were not frightened to spend money..shame your accountants make decisions.
    I echo Chiantis comments entirely.

I know I was spending a lot more time in-game with the teaser "bug" in place. Guess I'll go back to more sporadic check-ins. And I don't see ever getting the last boost building. The cost of leveling up the light/white hybrids to epic is just too high without the "bug".

Farm Supplier
    clap... clap... clap...

TL has managed to irritate not only us Android players by increasing costs w/o giving us the appropriate earning potential, but now even the lucky iOS players have been duped. Well done Team Lava. It's not often a company can alienate and then... alienate the non-alienated all in one week.

I'm kinda getting to like these guys and gals. Now that we don't have the weekly dragon updates, at least we can anticipate the next poorly planned reconfiguration of the game itself. I love the game and I'm actually becoming somewhat content with the less-than-fair way I have to play. Add on the all the daily drama-rama and TL has created a perfect storm. This is good amusement from a free social game. Well done. Keep up the good work.

Fashion Designer
    Im really disappointed they removed the coin boost "bug". I finally got the necessary maps to clear the two plots. Paid a TON of coin to purchase 5/6 buildings and now I find out they removed the faster yield of coins. Seriously how are we supposed to keep up with the ridiculous food requirements for the white dragons. I'm essentially coin broke now. I feel duped. While they are nice "decorations" they are absolutely NOT worth what we had to pay to get them and they do not deliver what was originally advertised. Seriously TM, you made a mistake - oh well you should just suck it up and be more careful with your coding next time. There are laws against this sort of practice for tangible goods... so disappointed.

Rhino Keeper
    Totally agree with chianti. I lost my motivation to play this game with all the ridiculous coin prices now. :/

Fashion Designer
    I have to agree 100%. I am very disappointed!

Rhino Keeper
    I completely agree as well - I am also in development, and this is definitely not a mistake, and not excusable. As tooquilos says, I was happy about the new version, but am also not playing again until the food requirement changes. As someone who DOESNT have dozens of Epic level dragons, seeing those food levels and knowing I am no where near getting the boosts ---- grr. I've been frustrated with this game for a long time, and I stuck around to see if they fixed it. I thought they had with the new expansion- but I can see I was wrong. There are other companies out there who would appreciate my money and are willing to actually provide entertainment in exchange.

Quote Originally Posted by Chianti View Post
    lylahmae,

After reading my post, do you honestly think I haven't read through other responses? Semantics matter, but in this case it does not. If the coin boost was in fact a "bug", then it stands to reason other aspects of the game were severely overlooked as well. I'm in software development, and a "bug" like that simply does not make it into a production release. If it does, someone gets fired.

Rather, I can GUARANTEE that Lava noticed something they didn't like, and patched it accordingly. This was a server side issue, not client-side (hence why it just "stopped working" without you having to download a patch). They had PLENTY of time to QA the new additions prior to releasing them to the general public. They were definitely aware the boost was in place. It would literally require not playing the game at all to be ignorant to that fact. I'm going to assume that lava plays their games prior to releasing them - I think that's a fair assumption.

Nevertheless, let's play dumb for a moment and assume they didn't know. If that's the case, I can tell you without a moments hesitation that they have absolutely no QA build into their software development cycle. Accordingly, it's reasonable to assume other blatantly obvious aspects were overlooked as well and could be classified as "bugs". The cost of the new food, and the sheer amount of food it takes to level the new dragons, for instance. Without the coin boost, neither make sense, and both could be classified as bugs. Had you read other posts, you'd be equally aware.
    Quote Originally Posted by tooquilos View Post
    Its been quite acceptable and normal for me to spend 10-20 dollars per week buying gold on this game since I started. Level 51 at the moment - so it been a few months..So Im estimating that I have spent at least $170 during this time. the gold helped make the game more enjoyable by speeding up the breeding and hatching times.
    Due to these recent changes Team Lava will not see a single cent from me again. The introduction of the new Light dragons were interesting and exciting prospects of different hybrids but now you have made it so unattainable and ridiculously impossible to maintain the feeding and clearing prices..any pleasure that was first felt has been ****ed. I will continue to have this game on my phone for another week and will check back to see if any rational changes have been made..if not, it will be deleted.
    These types of antics from Game Developers arent generally accepted within the gaming community. People move on and find other games to spend their money on.
    I was once a loyal supporter of another gaming company but they became greedy and irrational with their decision making and as a result, lost a lot of customers.
    You had a good game here with supporters that were not frightened to spend money..shame your accountants make decisions.
    I echo Chiantis comments entirely.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast