Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the point of habitat boosts?

Rhino Keeper
    My game was working perfectly fine with the boost, how was it buggy and how is it a good thing that the speedy coin collection was removed? I loved being able to make money faster, it didn't take me as long to make food or expand. Now it'll take me a week to make up the money needed to expand and then two days for the expansion o go through, then another week to make up the money to clear the foliage. It's not fun having to wait so long to do things with my island.

The boost and the new dragons were the only things keeping me interested in this game. I was getting bored of waiting for common dragons to breed and hatch while trying fruitlessly for the diamond dragon. Making money takes too long in this game and I'm locked out of breeding a lot of dragons because I can't seem to breed the diamond dragon.

I agree with you this is some ya I've been trying to breed a diamond as well which seems like I'll never get and now with new food that's to pricey and clear foliage that's to pricey I've suddenly lost interest in this game and I've changes arnt made soon I will not play anymore
    Last edited by greygull; 09-25-12 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Inappropriate language

Farm Supplier
    Exactly cuz of someone complaining there's no point with the boost speeding things up.

Now it's removed I guess it's back to logging in 2-3 times a say. Or maybe even once?

Come on bring it back. It keeps ppl coming back into the game!!!!
    Last edited by ButterPanda; 09-27-12 at 02:48 PM.

New Resident
    I think this new dawn upgrade is just a way to drain all the silvers players have accumulated. First i went on a farm upgrading spree ie 6*100k only to find that the price of new foods vs the amt of apples it genrates was ridiculously low. So even when i did nt bother to complete the goal, that was a sunk cost of 600k. Next were the expansions n clearings to make space for the boosts. A biter bark costs 800k to clear. Either i spend the money or wait out for mystic maps to try my luck clearing the next plot, hoping there isnt another bitter bark or wretched stone. Im still waiting for maps btw. Not to mention the crazy feeding rates of the new dragons n the price of new habitats.

I thought the speed boosts were a brillamt way to mitigate these high costs. Only to find out this morning its was a bug. i will definitely learn from this experience n never trust TL w the so called improvements.

Farm Supplier

Angry

TeamLava,

It is absolutely ridiculous to take away the increased coin rate of the habitats. If the only benefit of these Boosts is to simply raise that maximum amount of coins you can receive at once, it will literally take weeks to pay off the cost for buying the Boost, not to mention clearing the additional land for it. That's a long time to go with very little payback, especially now that the price of "quick" food has drastically increased and the amount of food required to level the Light dragons is absolutely astronomical and ridiculous. At least with the increased coin rates, it was possible to actually pay for the extra food upgrades consistently. Now? Probably not.

As far as adding new Boosts in the future that might raise the coin rate (like these did originally), please tell me, TeamLava, WHERE exactly are we going to put these? At the current rate of maximum income, to simply expand and clear the land to place 6 more Boosts could take MONTHS. Especially with the additional necessary coins needed to spend on upgrading Light dragons or even buying the original Boosts.

You had a good thing going with the increased coin rates. If anything, it probably encouraged people to actually play the game for longer amounts of time in one sitting, thus probably increasing the need for instant gratification and purchase of gold. But most importantly, it made the game more FUN! When your biggest competitor for Dragon Story is DragonVale, which is infinitely easier in the way of food, has more variations of dragons, more decorations and interactivity and user creativity with park design, dragon storage, and better return for real dollars spent when converted to food/coins, taking out a feature that makes your game more enjoyable, user friendly. and increases user playtime is utterly foolish.

People want to spend their time playing Dragon Story getting new DRAGONS.... upgrading them to see their different forms, etc. They do not want to have to grind for enough coins just to clear a square of space that is only large enough for one habitat and can hardly even be decorated due to the lack of available decor in the market. You'd think that would be a pretty simple player priority to understand.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by GroupMagma View Post
    We were looking into these boosts, and unfortunately, they seem to be buggy at the moment. Currently, they are only designed to increase the capacity of your Dragon habitats; not speed up the rate at which Coins are earned.
    We'll be pushing a fix for this shortly, and as a result, many players will see their collection rates go back to the normal levels. The Capacity increases are here to stay though
    If you really like the sped up rates, don't worry; we might be adding MORE boosts in the future that do just that. For now, we're sorry about the mix-up! Please let us know if you have more questions.
    Well done TL! You have not failed to disappoint me again. :-(
    I gave up Farm Story because of the that goes with it.
    And now you're messing up Dragon Story too!
    Why give us something great like BOOSTS and then taken them away???
    I felt like I was finally making good headway in the game... but now I'm not :-(

TL are Indian Givers!
    I'm sooooooooooooooo disappointed!
    Last edited by greygull; 09-25-12 at 10:39 PM. Reason: Inappropriate language

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by ****bethy View Post
    TeamLava,

It is absolutely ridiculous to take away the increased coin rate of the habitats. If the only benefit of these Boosts is to simply raise that maximum amount of coins you can receive at once, it will literally take weeks to pay off the cost for buying the Boost, not to mention clearing the additional land for it. That's a long time to go with very little payback, especially now that the price of "quick" food has drastically increased and the amount of food required to level the Light dragons is absolutely astronomical and ridiculous. At least with the increased coin rates, it was possible to actually pay for the extra food upgrades consistently. Now? Probably not.

As far as adding new Boosts in the future that might raise the coin rate (like these did originally), please tell me, TeamLava, WHERE exactly are we going to put these? At the current rate of maximum income, to simply expand and clear the land to place 6 more Boosts could take MONTHS. Especially with the additional necessary coins needed to spend on upgrading Light dragons or even buying the original Boosts.

You had a good thing going with the increased coin rates. If anything, it probably encouraged people to actually play the game for longer amounts of time in one sitting, thus probably increasing the need for instant gratification and purchase of gold. But most importantly, it made the game more FUN! When your biggest competitor for Dragon Story is DragonVale, which is infinitely easier in the way of food, has more variations of dragons, more decorations and interactivity and user creativity with park design, dragon storage, and better return for real dollars spent when converted to food/coins, taking out a feature that makes your game more enjoyable, user friendly. and increases user playtime is utterly foolish.

People want to spend their time playing Dragon Story getting new DRAGONS.... upgrading them to see their different forms, etc. They do not want to have to grind for enough coins just to clear a square of space that is only large enough for one habitat and can hardly even be decorated due to the lack of available decor in the market. You'd think that would be a pretty simple player priority to understand.
    Here! Here!
    Thanks for that ****bethy! I'm too annoyed to verbalise my frastration into a logical message... so thanks for saying it for me!

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by blinvy2 View Post
    My game was working perfectly fine with the boost, how was it buggy and how is it a good thing that the speedy coin collection was removed? I loved being able to make money faster, it didn't take me as long to make food or expand. Now it'll take me a week to make up the money needed to expand and then two days for the expansion o go through, then another week to make up the money to clear the foliage. It's not fun having to wait so long to do things with my island.

The boost and the new dragons were the only things keeping me interested in this game. I was getting bored of waiting for common dragons to breed and hatch while trying fruitlessly for the diamond dragon. Making money takes too long in this game and I'm locked out of breeding a lot of dragons because I can't seem to breed the diamond dragon.
    Here! Here!

Rhino Keeper
    THE BOOST Design was great but the function is nothing at all ... we spent almost 1.730.000 coins exclude the white boost then now all back to normal except the increased coins of the habitats. First i was really excited to get the booster but now its totally disappointed moreover we have to clean the expensive bush dan planting the exclusive plant ... its take forever

Rhino Keeper

Exclamation Obnoxious lack of economic motivating factors - Lava, please read.

Lava what are you thinking? The coin boost made 100% sense due to the increase in feeding requirements for the new dragons. Now that you've admitted it was a glitch, what in gods name are you thinking?

I shrugged off the absolutely crazy feeding requirements (15,000 a shot for level 9!) because of the coin boost. I shrugged off the cost of planting the new crops (75k for diamondates) due to the coin boost. The cost of the new plants and the increased food requirements made it logical to have coin boost as a benefit to the new towers.

There is nothing for you to lose by restoring the coin boost. Think of it from an economic perspective. To obtain the towers, you need 10 level 10 dragons (of each type). This is not an easy task to accomplish by any means, unless people buy gold from you in-game. Clearly you want people to buy gold from you in-game... it's how you make money.

Knowing about the coin boost would motivate people to buy in-game gold so that they can level up their dragons faster, and build the towers. You created a motivating factor for people to purchase gold, so you can make more money.

However, now that you took the coin boost away, what is the point? The towers increase the storage capacity of habitats by a negligible amount - definitely not an amount that would justify purchasing the towers - not without the coin boost. And without the boost, people will be less motivated to buy gold since there is no longer any point to leveling up their dragons faster.

Lava, you need to restore the coin boost ASAP. You're alienating your loyal customer base, and hurting your bottom line. With the coin boost in place, users are more likely to play the game more often each day. For example, when the coin boost was in place, I know I was logging into the game at least 30 times a day. The same holds true for others. The more people log in to play the game, the more they are likely to buy gold. It's common sense.

If you don't restore the coin boost, and things remain the same - people will tire of the game and simply walk away. It takes too long to get the food needed to level the dragons, which will ultimately turn people away from the game and simply stop playing it. I'd consider myself one of the most loyal players, and the time it would take me to level all the new dragons dissuades me from even logging in. I may end up even dropping the game completely.

Even with coin boost in place, it's going to take a very long time to level the dragons. There is simply no down side to restoring it. The up side, for you, is more people would buy gold so that they can reach a point to build the towers. Your move, Lava.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast