Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Android Force Close

Banned
    There are a LOT of force quit or just plain crash or even restart problems with DS on android. I have an Acer A500 Tablet and it crashes at various times. But I swear, it crashes more when people visit me when I'm on my own island. Kinda like some sort of row locking issue in the backend database (or similar bug).

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    Does this occur only on Dragon Story or on other TL games? For those of you with older devices, please close out background applications to allow more resources for the game.

Executive Chef
    This neighbor thing only happens in dragon. I also play farm and while there are a whole other set of problems I have with that game they are not technical. I do make sure everything that can be closed is and I clear all the caches and nothing I do on my end works. I wish some other android players would report their experience so maybe we could solve this.

Farm Supplier
    I get frequent force close windows on my kindle but if i tap wait instead of force close it skips a sec and then goes again.. and waiting a sec is faster than letting it force close and then reopening.. im not sure if theres and corolation to nbrs visiting because kindle fire dosent get any notifications that a nbr has visited.. so if someone doesnt post on my wall i dont know they visited.. and theres a huuuge delay on sparkles... i have one on my phone too so i can send myself and my best friend gold.. and ill play with my dragons and not see sparkles for hours..
    on my android phone the game is unplayable.. it took me thirty min to send two gold and play with my own dragons... cant imagine trying to really play on it cause its sooo slow

Executive Chef
    Thank you

Banned
    Let me itemize all the places it crashes. These are all intermittent crashes, they don't happen all the time, but it's all the places I've seen it, often during the same few minutes of play. There isn't a time that I play the game that it doesn't crash for one reason or another. It's been this way from the beginning and has never been fixed. Do your developers actually HAVE PHYSICAL ANDROID DEVICES or are they just using the simulator environment?? Seriously. No QA done on this as there is no way on earth a tester of this app would not report it. If you look at the google market, you'll see all kinds of reports of crashes.

1) when I scroll around an island (lock and crash). It happens on my island and it happens on other islands
    2) when I'm typing a message on someone's wall
    3) upon startup (start the app and it up and dies)
    4) when I go visit people. Really annoying if you're visiting someone new and have no link to them otherwise and it up and crashes on you before you can even play them.
    5) when I tap to retrieve coins from my habitats
    6) Sometimes when it's just sitting there doing nothing
    7) when I'm doing something on my island and someone tries to visit me (get this one A LOT)
    8) when I tap on a habbitat to 'play' with a dragon
    9) When I try to tap to collect food

Additionally, I often cannot scroll to the very top or the very right of the island. Part of the island is obscured from view which is really annoying when someone has habitats in those areas. Note: even this isn't consistent. sometimes I can scroll and see the full details of these areas without issue, but that only happens maybe 1% of the time.

Also, moving items around is really hard at times. I go to move and scroll and end up in a really weird location in sky/water and can't scroll back. For all intents and purposes, it's a blue screen. I have to try to quit and restart, or pull up the main menu, visit someone and come back for it to redraw.

Since my tables uses an nVidia graphics controller, I'd love to see the game use it for drawing so it's faster and smoother.

We thoroughly test our games for Android on tons of different devices to ensure they work properly (more info), but since there are hundreds of Android devices out there, it is difficult to test our games on every single Android device that has ever been made.

If you can provide some more information, we can continue to investigate this issue. What Exception Error are you getting? When the game force closes, select Report, then Preview, and scroll down until you see an exception error listed. Please let us know exactly which error you see listed so we can continue to investigate.

Rhino Keeper
    I have many force close issues on my droid x also!! I dont understand the techno part of it but I can tell you that anytime I visit a neighbor, try to write on someones wall or invite a neighbor the game force closes. I also get force closes when I collect coins, feed or send gold but that is less often. The worst is when I am visiting. Many times I can't see complete dragons on my neighbors islands either, I only see a foot or wings! And my coral dragon has been invisible since it hatched from its egg!! I have tried uninstalling the game and/or restarting my device several times, including taking put my battery but it hadn't helped. The force closing is the worst of the issues as sometimes I can't get on or stay on for more than 5 min. And as someone else said its a shame when out happens while visiting other community members before you have even had the chance to play or post! My husband has played this game for a while now on his iphone and I was so excited to get it on my android but sometimes I wonder if its even worth all the frustration. I play farm story and pet shop story also and although they force close periodically it is no where near the same. I force close at least once every tim me I play ds! The only plus is I don't end up with withered crops or sick animals when I do get force closed and can't get on right away!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DaojinWildfire View Post
    If you can provide some more information, we can continue to investigate this issue. What Exception Error are you getting? When the game force closes, select Report, then Preview, and scroll down until you see an exception error listed. Please let us know exactly which error you see listed so we can continue to investigate.
    I will run a report next time it happens. But often, I don't get the force close dialog, it just up and quits, or restarts. When I do next get the actual "force close" I'll run a report and send it in. As I said, I'm on an Acer Iconiatab A500 currently running Android 3.1, but I plan on updating to ICS this weekend.

I have reported to TL & on the bugs feedback forum for serious issues with the game restarting & not starting at all. I have an Android. I downloaded yesterday for a goal in bakery story & right off the bat the game would freeze & restart over & over & over again. Made it time consuming & frustrating to play! I got another goal on bakery to get to level 9 so I went & endured the agony of getting there including spending real money on gold to level up. Finally got enough xp to level up & froze & restarted EVERY time it tried to level up to 9 with the hatching if a dragon. So I gained xp slower planting harvesting & feeding dragons & leveled up to 9 finally! Other than the restart issues I was getting into the game & was willing to continue IF they fixed the issue I was having. Bakery gave ANOTHER goal to get to level 12. Stupid me went back to play & got to level 10 before it crashed & hasn't run since. I have closed all other apps, restarted my phone, uninstall, reinstall, clear cache, moved to SD & it still won't work. I get a glimpse of my island then it pops up I leveled up to level 9 & boom crash done. Again I have reported & I am so frustrated with TL! I lost over 20 gems in bakery ( they disappeared one day) reported that & was told they don't credit gems. How is it a credit if their system took them?! I got nothing in return! The prices of ANYTHING TL is ridiculous! I play pet shop story as well & to complete a goal you need 149 gems times 4. Which equates out somewhere around $100! With force close issues too why would people continue playing?! I await & challenge ANYONE to help fix this ds issue. And I would LOVE to see TL reduce prices & I will continue playing & spending $

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast