Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Android Force Close

Executive Chef

Android Force Close

I know the update was supposed to help the force close issue BUT... Every time someone visits my farm I get a force close. There are other times I get force closes but 99% of my issues are when I get a visit from someone. Can tl please fix this? Obviously android is not a priority but it would be nice.

Executive Chef
    **My island...not farm.

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lylahmae View Post
    I know the update was supposed to help the force close issue BUT... Every time someone visits my farm I get a force close. There are other times I get force closes but 99% of my issues are when I get a visit from someone. Can tl please fix this? Obviously android is not a priority but it would be nice.
    Thank you for reporting this. Please provide more details as to which actions cause the force close so we can investigate this further.

Please try the basic troubleshooting as well (i.e. reinstall the app).

Executive Chef
    I have done all the normal uninstall, clear cache, restart device stuff. The only thing that stands out is when neighbors visit. This makes visiting others hard because I think it makes your name show up on-the-job community list so people then come to play with your dragons...maybe this is why many people get force closes while visiting their own neighbors. Also when I go to the market which I don't do often, but the market thing is inconsistent I don't always force close at this time. The thing that is consistant is every single time i get a visit i force close, it says out of memory but i am not even close to being out of memory . I have a casio Gz'one commando c771. I saw some other posts about force closes while visiting neighbors and i got this idea i hope it helps.

Executive Chef
    Has anyone else noticed this? Does anybody have an answer to fix it? Hello?

Banned
    Has anyone else noticed this? Does anybody have an answer to fix it? Hello?

Yes I've noticed it also. In fact the new update is worse. Crahing, or quiting, or restarting much more frequently. I've noted the problems of crashes when people visit also (at least that seems to be a corrilation) which seems to me to be a row locking issue in the back end database or similar type issue. Not sure why the Sam bug wouldn't happen on iOS also, but it may be due to how the android app interfaces with the main server.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by tonguelashing View Post
    Yes I've noticed it also. In fact the new update is worse. Crahing, or quiting, or restarting much more frequently. I've noted the problems of crashes when people visit also (at least that seems to be a corrilation) which seems to me to be a row locking issue in the back end database or similar type issue. Not sure why the Sam bug wouldn't happen on iOS also, but it may be due to how the android app interfaces with the main server.
    Thank you! I was starting to think it was just me. Now if only tl would fix it!

Executive Chef
    The game is still force closing every time I try to visit. Is anything going to be done?

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    The game is still force closing every time I try to visit. Is anything going to be done?
    Does it occur when you visit a specific neighbor, or any neighbor? Are you able to visit Stormie?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by PonyRoar View Post
    Does it occur when you visit a specific neighbor, or any neighbor? Are you able to visit Stormie?
    All neighbors including stormie, also if someone visits me while I am on. And I have done all the usual fixes on my end multiple times. I have seen others post in discussion that they can only visit a few neighbors and that the update didn't fix the problem like it should have.
    Tonite I can only visit one neighbor per force close. It says out of memory which is not true I have 3/4 left both on my phone and sd card. It makes no difference if I am on 3g or Wi-Fi.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast