Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Android Force Close

Here it goes, point three on the list emerged today. This was quick. Wondering which is coming next.

Rhino Keeper
    Android version of Dragon Story crashes all the time, and it has been like that forever. Poor memory management in the app has not been addressed. The application needs major upgrade in order to be usable. Other TL games seem to be better.

I wonder why it is possible that such an issue can be solved in the iOS-version within days, and at Android this takes months. Could someone from the Developers please give an answer to this riddle? This is not too much to ask.

Host(ess)
    I've had a ticket in with TL support about these same issues.
    I've done everything they've suggested and still no better.
    Reading thru these posts and seeing that the force close issue has been a problem for over a year now doesn't give me much hope.
    I have no problems with my other games. I don't want to have to quit dragon story because TL hasn't found a true fix to the force close problem. A lot of people have spent a ton of money on DS. It's a shame that it doesn't feel like TL is giving us any real help in return as a thank you for all the money we've spent.

Yes, it does not feel really good to see how quick such things are fixed at iOS and the lack of any fix here with Android.

If it is right what Mod said, that Developers actually have a look in the Board here - I can only take some educated guesses why this situation does not change over more then one year. I do not repeat them, the closed thread sums up my thoughts on this.

Obviously all dragons are kept in the Cache-File, instead of creating a small Database separately for storing them (which is quick as a Cache to get datas from). The Cache soon is really large and the OoM Error appears, the more Cache is reserved by the Mobile, the later this happens.

The last Update in August did not change anything, as all the others before also did not change this problem.

Maybe a different approach on Memory-Management would be a good idea.

Hope dies last - and with long pains.

Unfortunately the Halloween Edition changed nothing in this issue, no Software fixes for Andoid, still the old version - I just experience slowly all the points now with Halloween. Nothing unexpected, but sad.

Curiosity had me yesternight. After a Forceshutdown with the usual "Out of Memory" Report I checked: roughly 46 MB DS Game, 105 MB Cache at a total of free Cache of the Mobile: 274 MB. 123 MB are still free when the Game shutdown happens, asuming the 46 MB are put into Cache, too. Otherwise the total of free space left is 169 MB. Any suggestion why the report itself is false?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567