Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Questions Raised from the Update

Nightclub Owner

Questions Raised from the Update

Now that I've spent a bit of time with the update I've got a number of questions

Energy

The higher up in levels you get the more energy you need to do everything. You can't build the new buildings without crafting the parts, you can't go on adventures without crafting items, you can't progress in the goals without harvesting/building/fighting etc.

Question 1: Will the energy regen time decrease?
    Question 2: Will there be an item we can buy that will decrease the energy regen time?

Adventures

Question 3: Is the Knight's Armor supposed to disappear after completing the adventure?
    Question 4: Are there going to be any special items that we get as rewards?

Monsters

Two of the quests require me to fight monsters. Some of the things I need to craft for buildings need items from monsters. So far I've only seen 2 in about 14 hours.

Question 5: Is there anything I can do to trigger monsters appearing?
    Question 6: Will we be able to buy a monster lure that increases the frequency of their appearance?

Inventory

The number of each item you can have in your Inventory is now capped at 99. Where we've reached that limit we get $ instead of the item.

Question 7: Can you please explain the rational for this?

Crafting

We've got items that say they can be used in crafting but no item requires them (Rat Tail, Creep Tooth, Mithril).

Question 8: Are the recipes for these coming in the next update?

Display

The Crafting buildings now show a box with a plus icon above them when you don't have anything crafting. As it is I don't have enough energy to harvest my crops, collect from by buildings or tend nature items.

Question 9: Can we please get the icon above empty Crafting buildings removed?

Will let you know as I get more questions

Designer of Worlds
    Quote Originally Posted by maguar View Post
    Now that I've spent a bit of time with the update I've got a number of questions

Energy

The higher up in levels you get the more energy you need to do everything. You can't build the new buildings without crafting the parts, you can't go on adventures without crafting items, you can't progress in the goals without harvesting/building/fighting etc.

Question 1: Will the energy regen time decrease?
    Question 2: Will there be an item we can buy that will decrease the energy regen time?
    1. No. We will be evaluating adjusting the cap or the amount you get per level, but for the time being, it's capped at 30.
    2. Probably not. It's possible in the future we could add an item that increases your energy cap, or that you can harvest for energy, or that energy could be gifted.. but those are still being discussed. If we make any decisions on that, I'll be sure to let you all know.

Adventures

Question 3: Is the Knight's Armor supposed to disappear after completing the adventure?
    Question 4: Are there going to be any special items that we get as rewards?
    3. Yes. Knights armor and longswords are consumed when you complete your adventure. We're working on fine tuning the costs/rewards of adventures so that you'll want to always be doing them.
    4. Yes, definitely. For now it's crafting materials, energy, gems, and coins. Expect us to keep fine tuning this and making the rewards more enjoyable.

Monsters

Two of the quests require me to fight monsters. Some of the things I need to craft for buildings need items from monsters. So far I've only seen 2 in about 14 hours.

Question 5: Is there anything I can do to trigger monsters appearing?
    Question 6: Will we be able to buy a monster lure that increases the frequency of their appearance?
    5/6. We'll be working to adjust the rates at which monsters appear, and the rewards for them as well. Our next planned update will also be making some changes to the way you fight monsters as well. I'll try to get more details on this when we get closer to release.

Inventory

The number of each item you can have in your Inventory is now capped at 99. Where we've reached that limit we get $ instead of the item.

Question 7: Can you please explain the rational for this?
    7. We want players to build and expand, and not stockpile their materials. When we release new content, we'd rather you be able to use your existing materials, instead of forcing you to always craft or collect new types. We're working on a new system that will allow you to make good use of all your excess materials, but I can't say much more than that at this time.

Crafting

We've got items that say they can be used in crafting but no item requires them (Rat Tail, Creep Tooth, Mithril).

Question 8: Are the recipes for these coming in the next update?
    8. We're working on lots of updates to crafting. More decorations that you can build (all of the gates will be craftable) as well as a slew of other things. These will updated as they're completed and tested.

Expect all the existing recipes to change as well.

Display

The Crafting buildings now show a box with a plus icon above them when you don't have anything crafting. As it is I don't have enough energy to harvest my crops, collect from by buildings or tend nature items.

Question 9: Can we please get the icon above empty Crafting buildings removed?
    9. I'm not sure exactly why you would want the icon removed. Knowing which building is available to craft is intended to prevent confusion.

Nightclub Owner
    Thanks for getting back so quickly

Nightclub Owner
    Sorry if I've sounded a bit short. I'm a bit tired and also a bit frustrated as I can't do all I want due to the energy limits.

5/6. Sounds exciting. I'm hoping that it's a bit more interactive and doesn't require energy (a girl can dream)

7. I'd prefer to build and expand but the limitations on this are the energy requirements and materials only available from monsters not the amount I have in storage.

Fingers crossed that you're talking about a caravan building or bazaar where we can sell or trade items.

9. Basically I don't like how cluttered my kingdom looks with all the icons. Most of these I can't clear. Honestly my preference would be to have one that toggles these icons on and off

I should mention that there are a number of things from the update that I think are great:

• In recipes clearly identifying where you get parts from, eg mosters, farming
    • When crafting something clicking on the building will tell you the item as well as the time
    • When you harvest/tend/collect items it tells you the name
    • That we do get to go on adventures
    • That we do get to fight monsters
    • That there are more quests

Nightclub Owner
    After the update the daily bonus has dramatically decreased. For some of us they've gone from $26k/$58k to $300/$500.

I had three glimmer shards in my inventory that have disappeared. Will they be put back when you reintroduce them?

Designer of Worlds
    After the update the daily bonus has dramatically decreased. For some of us they've gone from $26k/$58k to $300/$500.

I had three glimmer shards in my inventory that have disappeared. Will they be put back when you reintroduce them?
    Daily bonus was set way too high by mistake. It's now much more in line with what it should be.

Glimmer Shards/Crystals have been replaced with Wisp Orbs and Wisp Lanterns. They still function the same as before.

Nightclub Owner
    I figured out the Crystals to Wisp Lanterns. Didn't make the connection between Glimmer Shards and Earth Wisps. Doh!

Given the drop in game $ that you get for gems, I think it's also fairly safe to assume that it was way too high and has now been corrected.

Designer of Worlds
    I figured out the Crystals to Wisp Lanterns. Didn't make the connection between Glimmer Shards and Earth Wisps. Doh!

Given the drop in game $ that you get for gems, I think it's also fairly safe to assume that it was way too high and has now been corrected.
    Yup. Getting 400k coins @ level 30 for 100 gems was definitely not intended. Especially since the most expensive Royal building is around 117k. Gotta keep things in line.

Nightclub Owner
    I wasn't at that level but boy am I kicking myself for not getting more at 200k for 100.

Thanks also for the info that the amounts change by level. Any chance I can get the level breakdown for my guide?

Nightclub Owner
    Just a question cause I'm curious. For the crafting recipes there are three more monster items: the bottle, bones and a sting thing. None of these have been dropped by skunkupines so I'm assuming they're from another monster(s). Are these monsters out with this update or will they be coming with another one?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast