Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: iOS 6, Is It Worth It?

Size difference is because if u download over wifi the update only downloads what's new vs everything. So that could be the reason for size difference. Their called delta updates I believe.

Sorry of that's a repost. Didn't feel like reading thru two pages to see if anyone said that. Hopefully I was the first. And if not. Pretend like I am :-)

Do u have to have your games transferred when u update to ios6 like what's happens if u break your device and have to get a new one??

Thanks

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by mykelhizzy View Post
    Sorry of that's a repost. Didn't feel like reading thru two pages to see if anyone said that. Hopefully I was the first. And if not. Pretend like I am :-)

Do u have to have your games transferred when u update to ios6 like what's happens if u break your device and have to get a new one??

Thanks
    No, since it's just a system update you don't have to transfer games. When you get a new device you're getting a new UDID, that is why you have to transfer as your Storm 8 ID is linked to your device UDID number.

Quote Originally Posted by mykelhizzy View Post
    Size difference is because if u download over wifi the update only downloads what's new vs everything. So that could be the reason for size difference. Their called delta updates I believe.
    A delta update would be if they released iOS 6.01 or 6.1
    This is a full redesign update.

Nightclub Owner
    Yeah, the size thing threw me off. When I looked at my device it said what I stated, but when I looked at it on iTunes, after connecting to my computer, I got the same file size that bigbux posted. I've never noticed it give a different file size like that before, but I just downloaded it from my iTunes and moved right along.

Quote Originally Posted by queentina3 View Post
    Yeah, the size thing threw me off. When I looked at my device it said what I stated, but when I looked at it on iTunes, after connecting to my computer, I got the same file size that bigbux posted. I've never noticed it give a different file size like that before, but I just downloaded it from my iTunes and moved right along.
    I did the same thing. I was deleting apps left and right on my device. I had over the amount I needed, but my iPod wouldn't let me update. So I plugged it into my laptop and it worked just fine.

Nope --- a delta update is as a described. If you do not agree read here:
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delta_update#section_1

A delta update is on the requires the user to only download what's new or changed not everything.

Just as an FYI :-)

Executive Chef
    I have iOS 6 on my iPhone 4. I do like that there's new interfaces on some of the apps such as weather, gmail, and your music. There are new emoji (formerly from the app Emoji 2) which is great, but for some lame reason anyone you use these emoji with not on iOS 6 can't see them. It does take up a lot of space though. My bf wanted to put it on his 8 GB iPod touch and decided it wasn't worth it upon getting the notification he doesn't have enough memory.

Executive Chef
    Never update to ios 6 on the iPod touch (4th gen) it slows it down so much

Executive Chef
    Isn't the Flyover 3D for iPhone only?
    I play all the games but these days I have been showing more interest in Farm, Bakery, and Pet Hotel Story. But I do check the other games like three times a week. =)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast