Thread: Bakery Weekly Update Sep 20, 09-20-12

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by kisseop View Post
    1st prize in Lil Italy Box
    Is it still that hideous green colour?

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by trace35 View Post
    Is it still that hideous green colour?
    do you actually think (hope) they'd change that just because we (forum users) did not like it?

And what's with this fountain, lets put aside the fact that it looks just like Poseidon Fountain from Olympic theme, but why is the water leaking out of it? They want our customers to drown?

Fashion Designer
    do you actually think (hope) they'd change that just because we (forum users) did not like it?

And what's with this fountain, lets put aside the fact that it looks just like Poseidon Fountain from Olympic theme, but why is the water leaking out of it? They want our customers to drown?
    i think they were trying to go for the famous Trevi Fountain that is in Rome. but of course it's not nearly as gorgeous as the real thing.

Executive Chef

Lmao! I'm sorry, I just can't put aside the fact it's such a blatant rip off! I feel embarrassed for TL.

Farm Supplier
    What a waste of 24 gems :/ I was hoping for the gelato stand instead I'm stuck with this but ugly Trevi fountain

Rhino Keeper
    If Team Lava wants to go with an Italian theme, how about some Venetian glass or Milanese elegance instead of decorations fit for the Sopranos? Ready to move on to new theme--how about fall and easing into Halloween.

Quote Originally Posted by hotwingzz View Post
    I'm sorry you can't get them wish I could give you some of mine
    Awe thanks! I'd gladly take them!

On the Italian box:

A gondola or maybe something espresso themed would've been kinda cool. It doesn't seem like much research as far as Italy and Italian dessert culture went into it. Kinda like they just put Italy into the Google search bar, hit the image button, and picked a few pictures to base the designs off of. I find the set on the whole kinda meh, except for the art stand. I like the cuter and more colorful sets much better. This theme would have worked much better for Restaurant Story, but perhaps they were trying to expand the bread recipes since the the Jean-Pierre recipes were for more savory breads. I think a gelato machine or even just an Italian dessert machine would have been better. I think Italian foods I'd like to have in a bakery, I think biscotti (I know we already have that recipe) and cannoli!! Where are the cannolis?

Rhino Keeper
    i am disappointed aswell about the italian theme, it's all about Rome (except the leaning tower) and boring. It looks that for TL we italians are only "pizza, mafia e mandolino". The french theme in the Madeleine Tin basket was WAAAAAY better

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by yumpixels View Post
    I think Italian foods I'd like to have in a bakery, I think biscotti (I know we already have that recipe) and cannoli!! Where are the cannolis?
    There are cannolis I haven't mastered those yet.

Personally I like the new box, except for the Colliseum Cake (would be so much better without that hideous table) and that fountain... Instead they could've give us some vases, sculptures, paintings.

Quote Originally Posted by soclassymom View Post
    Lucky u ^_^
    I tried 7 times and got the Trevi Fountion it's ugly I want the art stand
    Seems to me like the lesser gems u have, the luckier u are with these box items.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast